IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

8 hours ago, Med/MadHatter said:

You're lucky, I'm a full 7 hrs behind GMT, so have alot to catch up on when I wake up, especially on match days!

You're lucky, I'm in Fenland, so a full 20 years behind here!

I'm still waiting to hear who has taken over from Benny.

2 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Some Brighton fans are saying that CH football is as dull as ditch water.

Just saying

The one thing that puts me off CH - after the last couple of years entertaining football at AG really is paramount for me.

Just now, Nogbad the Bad said:

The one thing that puts me off CH - after the last couple of years entertaining football at AG really is paramount for me.

We haven't had entertaining football at ashton gate since the man u game.....

I'd take a bit of dull football if it meant we actually won the majority of home games instead of loosing or drawing them as we did under johnson, his home record is a disgrace 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Good response H - and I get all of that, but my point was about just posting the ‘eyes’ emoji and nothing else in a post. How is that sharing a titbit of info? That will inevitably lead to follow up questions from those hungry for info at a time like this. If you aren’t able to post more than ‘eyes’ (to protect a source) then surely it’s reasonable for some to ask “why post them?”

And (not aimed at you) but I don’t understand why some who post “ITK” stuff then simply ignore all questions/replies when it turns out to be untrue... but anyway, as I said, I like your reply, great stuff. Have a good one ...

27 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I don't doubt you know a bit, I know you're involved with the game to some degree. You must admit your eyes could have meant pretty much anything though!

You're one of the better posters on here when it comes to "knowledge" so apologies - wasn't really directed at you although I see how it looked like it was which was my fault.

Thanks both for your measured responses. 
I acknowledge that the ‘eyes’ was probably a bit mystic and I should’ve expanded more on that. ✅

7 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

This has been discussed a fair bit on here

To summarise I think his football in the championship was pretty good (saw some of it first hand) but became more pragmatic in the Prem 

Looked pretty good when Brighton totally dominated us at AG for the first 45 minutes of the game on Fireworks Night a few years ago.

52 minutes ago, Taz said:

If he put his name forward last week, that certainly limits the number of clubs that it could have been as you say.

Also encouraging that if it was us, which seems entirely possible, especially considering he played here and will know the board etc, there must be a reason he believes the position has been filled...

While I agree to an extent, to those who don’t get past round 1 it’s pretty common to say ‘the position’s been filled’, even if it hasn’t. 

1 minute ago, Badger08 said:

That's what everyone on here was saying about SC before he joined ?

I still say, the 0-4 defeat to Brighton at AG the year they went up was the best team display I've seen in a long, long time

I'll take me some of that

14 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

We haven't had entertaining football at ashton gate since the man u game.....

I'd take a bit of dull football if it meant we actually won the majority of home games instead of loosing or drawing them as we did under johnson, his home record is a disgrace 

Don't think I could take months more of dull football, endless passing across the pitch, hardly any shots etc.

If it's to be uneventful attritional football solely with the aim of amassing points rather than having an eye for entertainment I'd probably morph into one of the thousands who just turn up for the last few games when we've got a sniff of going up.

I hope one of the primary aims when appointing the new manager will be to get jaded fans like me enthused about attending AG again.

That takes more than just appointing a 'name', to me it means giving genuine hope supporting City will be enjoyable again.

10 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Kenny Brown (Millwall head of Coaching) tweeted congratulations to Chris Hughton but then took it down. Looks like he's our new head coach.

Any truth in this?

He read a fake tweet of his appointment, congratulated him and then realized his error and removed it. Nothing to see here.

3 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Exactly this. Saw that fake tweet (posted earlier in the thread) and thought it was official. 

Maybe im an old fart but all the misinformation flying around the world is sending us all mad. I preferred the simpler days of the News of the World 

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Don't think I could take months more of dull football, endless passing across the pitch, hardly any shots etc.

If it's to be uneventful attritional football solely with the aim of amassing points rather than having an eye for entertainment I'd probably morph into one of the thousands who just turn up for the last few games when we've got a sniff of going up.

I hope one of the primary aims when appointing the new manager will be to get jaded fans like me enthused about attending AG again.

That takes more than just appointing a 'name', to me it means giving genuine hope supporting City will be enjoyable again.

But thats what johnson dished up except we lost more often then not

Archived