IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

43 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Maybe im an old fart but all the misinformation flying around the world is sending us all mad. I preferred the simpler days of the News of the World 

My Dad used to call it News of the Screws. Wassat all about TTT. I was too young to understand ?

@Nogbad the Bad @Monkeh

We didn't even have the boost or stabilising factor of good possession often this season under LJ- check the stats! 

Worst of all worlds. Lack of control (good possession) lack of creativity ie flair, lack of chance creation though the conversion rate decent and for all that you'd think defensive security. 

Err..no. Goals conceded and chances conceded put paid to that!

4 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Looked pretty good when Brighton totally dominated us at AG for the first 45 minutes of the game on Fireworks Night a few years ago.

I mean, agree to a point. They were better but quite clinical too.

We missed a big early chance and that goes in, different game? Crowd was up, we had good form but performances were more variable- Tammy to Tomlin.

Under the lights in front of the Sky cameras.

As I recall one of their goals was a lob/shot from around the halfway line, how often do these come off- they were good but outright dominance, unsure.

EDIT: Just checked. Opener was the wonder strike. This changes the dynamic of the game, as Brighton under Hughton were quite a counterattacking side albeit with shot dominance.

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We missed a big early chance and that goes in, different game? Crowd was up, we had good form but performances were more variable- Tammy to Tomlin. 

As I recall one of their goals was a lob/shot from around the halfway line, how often do these come off- they were good but outright dominance, unsure.

EDIT: Just checked. Opener was the wonder strike. This changes the dynamic of the game, as Brighton under Hughton were quite a counterattacking side albeit with shot dominance.

Was it the return fixture that we prevented them going up as champions?

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Under the lights in front of the Sky cameras.

I was sat in the South Stand, quite central, and just knew it was in as soon as he hit it. 

I thought they were brilliant in that 45 minutes and they carved us open a few times with relative ease. They seemed to relax a bit in the 2nd half but we couldn’t break them down at all. 

4 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

I think it's going to be Hughton, can't see the Gerrard rumours being true. 

I don’t usually give much credence to these Twitter ITKs but the RoyDeAlien one about the split between the corridors of power over and experienced or young candidate, would make sense of the different rumours.

Mind you, he could just be looking at this forum and seeing the split between the fans and making a post to fit. 

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

I don’t usually give much credence to these Twitter ITKs but the RoyDeAlien one about the split between the corridors of power over and experienced or young candidate, would make sense of the different rumours.

Mind you, he could just be looking at this forum and seeing the split between the fans and making a post to fit. 

Isn't RoyDeAlien a massive bullshitter who has been proved wrong repeatedly?

I think my daughter's hamster is more ITK about the comings and going at Ashton Gate than that account.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@Nogbad the Bad @Monkeh

We didn't even have the boost or stabilising factor of good possession often this season under LJ- check the stats! 

Worst of all worlds. Lack of control (good possession) lack of creativity ie flair, lack of chance creation though the conversion rate decent and for all that you'd think defensive security. 

Err..no. Goals conceded and chances conceded put paid to that!

We've only won 16 of our last 45 home league games spanning the past two seasons. 64 points from a possible 135 points, I think I'm right in saying. And worse still a minus goal difference over two seasons at home.

That's what ultimately cost LJ his job.

9 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Isn't RoyDeAlien a massive bullshitter who has been proved wrong repeatedly?

I think my daughter's hamster is more ITK about the comings and going at Ashton Gate than that account.

I think I alluded to that option, just saying that we are hearing rumours about talks with SG and CH, it could be that he has put 2 and 2 together and actually made 4 by accident.

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We've only won 16 of our last 45 home league games spanning the past two seasons. 64 points from a possible 135 points, I think I'm right in saying. And worse still a minus goal difference over two seasons at home.

And it took too long to sink in upstairs in that boardroom like you know lad, i mean kid. 

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Counter attacking styles that cede the ball tend to be better away drop home so it follows that the home record is poor.

4 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

And it took too long to sink in upstairs in that boardroom like you know lad, i mean kid. 

Probably because our excellent away record helped us remain competitive, after all its the total number of points you accumulate, not necessarily where you got them, that counts. @Kid in the Riotis right though, once that away form slumped, the home form was glaringly bad. 

17 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I was sat in the South Stand, quite central, and just knew it was in as soon as he hit it. 

I thought they were brilliant in that 45 minutes and they carved us open a few times with relative ease. They seemed to relax a bit in the 2nd half but we couldn’t break them down at all. 

Was a fantastic strike.

Played within themeslves 2nd half somewhat, I'd agree. 

A team like that though can often need the first goal to impose themselves a bit. Had we got it, in the circs I just wonder.

Our start was solid, albeit better than performance levels, early goal, under the lights and crowd up for it, Tomlin should've scored. We'll never know!

A more dominant example though might be Leeds first half still 11 v 11 opening day but they bossed the ball, only 1-0 but a fair few chances.

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Spoiler alert @downendcity. Apologies.

Poor Benny was a victim of Legionnaire's Disease. Sandy's fault. 

The ****** - I'm sure that wheelchair was a put on job just to get a disability parking badge.

I bet Miss Diane had something to say about this. 

My concern with Hughton isn't so much the fact that I don't want to see us play a structured, rigid, disciplined and cautious game as a supporter so much as that I'm not at all convinced we've got the players to do it well. Hopefully Hughton simply adapted his approach at Brighton to the tools available and what was needed to keep the team up but I don't think we have got the players to play as they did and I don't think there is sense or benefit in jettisoning the bulk of the squad to bring in players to suit a particular style.

The major issue for me with this season Johnson was that we played far too rigidly and most of our better players were muzzled by being kept in roles that did not work to their strengths. I feel we'd get a lot more out of the squad by playing fluidly and energetically and I'm not convinced Hughton it the right manager for that. Very good manager but, the more I think about it, not at all sure he's right for this squad. 

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

My concern with Hughton isn't so much the fact that I don't want to see us play a structured, rigid, disciplined and cautious game as a supporter so much as that I'm not at all convinced we've got the players to do it well. Hopefully Hughton simply adapted his approach at Brighton to the tools available and what was needed to keep the team up but I don't think we have got the players to play as they did and I don't think there is sense or benefit in jettisoning the bulk of the squad to bring in players to suit a particular style.

The major issue for me with this season Johnson was that we played far too rigidly and most of our better players were muzzled by being kept in roles that did not work to their strengths. I feel we'd get a lot more out of the squad by playing fluidly and energetically and I'm not convinced Hughton it the right manager for that. Very good manager but, the more I think about it, not at all sure he's right for this squad. 

If he doesn’t get the gig I shall console myself in this very post . 

Archived