IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Counter attacking styles that cede the ball tend to be better away drop home so it follows that the home record is poor.

The majority of promotion winning teams pick up most their points from home,

The majority of fans watch home games only

Good home record is a must johnsons home record is as disgraceful as the performances we've had to endure at home,

Give me winning anytime 

11 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

The majority of promotion winning teams pick up most their points from home,

The majority of fans watch home games only

Good home record is a must johnsons home record is as disgraceful as the performances we've had to endure at home,

Give me winning anytime 

You must be the one who wants Pulis back!!

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@Nogbad the Bad @Monkeh

We didn't even have the boost or stabilising factor of good possession often this season under LJ- check the stats! 

Worst of all worlds. Lack of control (good possession) lack of creativity ie flair, lack of chance creation though the conversion rate decent and for all that you'd think defensive security. 

Err..no. Goals conceded and chances conceded put paid to that!

Agree Mr P.  I’d say we’ve build more territory pressure through possession under Holden in 4 games than we have in countless games over the past 18 months under LJ.  I can’t really think of too many games in that 18 months where we’ve had a team “under the cosh”.

2 hours ago, P'head Red said:

I think it's going to be Hughton, can't see the Gerrard rumours being true. 

I think the Gerrard rumours are very true, but they are all pretty consistent in saying stuff along the lines of “we are trying but it’s unlikely”.

And I agree with @JonDolman that it would be a massive gamble....I’m just more open minded than him about it.  That doesn’t make me a better person or Jon worse, it’s just how it is.

On the flipside....Hughton (not Houghton) is my no1 choice, but I’m not that excited either.  Weird innit!

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think the Gerrard rumours are very true, but they are all pretty consistent in saying stuff along the lines of “we are trying but it’s unlikely”.

And I agree with @JonDolman that it would be a massive gamble....I’m just more open minded than him about it.  That doesn’t make me a better person or Jon worse, it’s just how it is.

On the flipside....Hughton (not Houghton) is my no1 choice, but I’m not that excited either.  Weird innit!

What I was referring to was the £50kpw wage being far fetched. The clear goal for lansdown is premiership football, the clear fact is Hughton will be more reliable to get us there than SG. 

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Did we go to that and leave at about 70 minutes?

Lucky you if you did! I drove down from Brighton with 2 mates that are Brighton fans, they went in the away, myself in the home of course.

I was pretty subdued on the drive home..

I don’t stick my head over the parapet often on here (feel free to check) and this may have already been mentioned in the previous 45 pages but I have been informed that CH has now been to Ashton Gate and held initial talks. I don’t know anymore than that but forgive me if this has already been mentioned.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Did we go to that and leave at about 70 minutes?

It’s the only game I’ve ever left early....the chap giving me a lift wanted to leave at half-time.  We got to his car in the Wickes Car Park as Agard was missing his penalty!

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Agree Mr P.  I’d say we’ve build more territory pressure through possession under Holden in 4 games than we have in countless games over the past 18 months under LJ.  I can’t really think of too many games in that 18 months where we’ve had a team “under the cosh”.

It is weird... Especially since I feel exactly the same. Bizarre is that.

41 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

I don’t stick my head over the parapet often on here (feel free to check) and this may have already been mentioned in the previous 45 pages but I have been informed that CH has now been to Ashton Gate and held initial talks. I don’t know anymore than that but forgive me if this has already been mentioned.

that was in the mail yesterday, did your source get it from there or has some one actually seen him?

I would of thought if we are close to a new manager then they will be watching tomorrow 

52 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Colin Howlett? 

Same feelings as me. Would love Gerrard for the entertainment value over the more dogged approach from Houghton.

Personally, I would prefer an overseas Head Coach who is used to winning trophies. Another Espirito Santo. This route will not happen so my big fear is that SL will not gamble, in his opinion, and we get another young Third or Fourth Division rookie.

2 hours ago, P'head Red said:

What I was referring to was the £50kpw wage being far fetched. The clear goal for lansdown is premiership football, the clear fact is Hughton will be more reliable to get us there than SG. 

its not a fact its an opinion

1 hour ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Really can’t see anyone meeting at AG if they want to keep a lid on it. 

possibly a wooded area in Hertfordshire ?

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

There have been numerous games where LJ has had a team under the cosh.

Trouble is it was always us!

10 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

More experience doesn't equal more reliability then? 

Off the top of my head I'll throw a name at you.....Phil Brown.

Lots of experience including experience of taking a team up from the Championship. Surely not many people would fancy him as our next manager? 

It’s the only game I’ve ever left early....the chap giving me a lift wanted to leave at half-time.  We got to his car in the Wickes Car Park as Agard was missing his penalty!

My Dad left early [ he wanted to do that a lot mind] when we were 4/0 down to Oxford the first year the Dolman was open.

Early in the season were top Oxford 4th i think, he tried to get out of the ground after 20mins but don't think he made it until H/T.

To be fair bless him he was  a typical City fan.  Even went back to the car when we went 1 down to Walsall last game in the promotion season.

34 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

The singular benefit of Villa potentially staying up would be them probably not looking at Hughton as a potential replacement for Smith.... I know I'm reaching on good reasons for Villa staying up

When you’ve got 2 potentials and a probably in your post you know it’s clutching at whassnames 

9 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Kenny Brown (Millwall head of Coaching) tweeted congratulations to Chris Hughton but then took it down. Looks like he's our new head coach.

Any truth in this?

As said it appeared to be on the back of a fake tweet but It does say , ‘ sorry may have gone a bit early , So I say Chris Hughton would be a great appointment ‘ 

11 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

As said it appeared to be on the back of a fake tweet but It does say , ‘ sorry may have gone a bit early , So I say Chris Hughton would be a great appointment ‘ 

Just looked at his twitter page, clearly not the sort of bloke who would be on a wind up. On a separate note, if you go on his twitter page, have a look at the video of the goal Porto scored ???

7 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Just looked at his twitter page, clearly not the sort of bloke who would be on a wind up. On a separate note, if you go on his twitter page, have a look at the video of the goal Porto scored ???

No seems straight up guy , agreed Porto goal worth a look indeed !

Archived