IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

8 hours ago, Leveller said:

We tend to live in a Bristol City bubble. While we wonder if he is waiting for us, he is concurrently high in the betting for jobs at Watford, Birmingham and Huddersfield - and no doubt a few others that won’t have a vacancy until later in the week. Of course he isn’t holding his breath for Ashton Gate.

Huddersfield have appointed a manager, he’s already knocked back Brum’s offer and he’s turned down Watford already this season. Maybe you live in a City bubble mate, lots of us don’t. 

Just now, JollyestOli said:

Huddersfield have appointed a manager, he’s already knocked back Brum’s offer and he’s turned down Watford already this season. Maybe you live in a City bubble mate, lots of us don’t. 

Wouldn't surprise me if Watford came back for him and he accepted.

11 minutes ago, bris red said:

Brilliant if true. Would be the best managerial appointment (on paper) i have ever seen City make.

Whilst it doesn’t mean guaranteed success by any means, he has a brilliant track record. Really good appointment and the lift everyone so desperately needs. 

This is precisely the sort of unnecessarily exciting second peak you get on threads like this on the journey of more disappointment to 100+ pages. See also: sources say Gray/Gayle/Nketiah now in talks to finalise a move.

Nothing is ever this straightforward at City and McGregor's language in the EP this morning that WE'RE moving onto him as our next target (as if we call the shots) has all the familiar hallmarks of impending embarrassment.

4 minutes ago, Olé said:

This is precisely the sort of unnecessarily exciting second peak you get on threads like this on the journey of more disappointment to 100+ pages. See also: sources say Gray/Gayle/Nketiah now in talks to finalise a move.

Nothing is ever this straightforward at City and McGregor's language in the EP this morning that WE'RE moving onto him as our next target (as if we call the shots) has all the familiar hallmarks of impending embarrassment.

Whilst we quietly usher Ryan Lowe in through the back door.

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I'm probably one of the only people not excited by this.

It’s a bit like that girl you want to go out with. You woo her and after the chase on the  first date you notice that she eats with her mouth open , can’t spell her own name and despite a body to die for doesn’t like to ‘ do it ‘ .

12 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Could only dream of appointing someone like him a few years back. His record is second to none at this level and IF he joins he obviously thinks itll be the right fit as he has turned down numerous offers from teams in this league. I don't really see why you wouldn't but hey ho.

6 hours ago, JollyestOli said:

and I suspect Chris Hughton doesn’t live in a bubble either and will be well aware that if he does sign for us he will have the support of the majority of fans which is always a good start.

Im not im favour for a certain person to be appointed. Just sitting back and seeing what happens but, chris hughton doesn't play youth and also likes to lump it forward to a target man i.e andy Carroll, glen Murray. Doesn't seem to fit the 'city way' 

16 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

No manager guarantees any ckub success, but with the common goal amongst everyone here being to progress and seriously challenge for promotion, after doing a good job of establishing ourselves as a top half Championship club, I find it very hard to think of a better, more likely to succeed option available (wasn't sure he'd even actually be available to us as an option) than Chris Hughton. 

Who would excite you, out of interest....? 

11 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It’s a bit like that girl you want to go out with. You woo her and after the chase on the  first date you notice that she eats with her mouth open , can’t spell her own name and despite a body to die for doesn’t like to ‘ do it ‘ .

Looks great on your arm as you're walking down the road though and starts to make you look a lot more interesting to all the other pretty girls...! 

15 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

By 'do it' do you mean play the 3-5-2 system? ?

Archived