IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

1 hour ago, KingswoodReds? said:

Im not im favour for a certain person to be appointed. Just sitting back and seeing what happens but, chris hughton doesn't play youth and also likes to lump it forward to a target man i.e andy Carroll, glen Murray. Doesn't seem to fit the 'city way' 

We’ve been lumping it forward for last two years!

13 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Really hope so

We have know for along time that he wanted the job. Bristol Post claim we will speak to him in the next 48 hrs. Thats already happened. 

Hope to see him on the roof by 6pm today! 

Screenshot_20200723_085421_com.android.chrome.jpg

30 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Well if this is true and fans have got what they wanted I sincerely hope it works out, but I feel more deflated by the prospect of Hughton being appointed than I would if it was Ryan Lowe or a host of young coaches.  Maybe Hughton can deliver success in the short term, but would he build something sustainable for the future?  Would young, particularly homegrown, players get their chance?  Would it be all about securing promotion as quickly as possible or would it be about the type of football we play, and the longer-term future?  I suspect I may not be alone in being concerned about where Hughton’s appointment would take us.  Premier League at any cost?  Not for me...

To quote Chas and Dave..... There ain't no pleasing you!

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

Apparently, Chris Hughton is only an inch taller than Lee Johnson. With LJ's height clearly being a big issue for some people on this forum, will that extend to how they feel about CH too? ?

get the midget in

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Apparently, Chris Hughton is only an inch taller than Lee Johnson. With LJ's height clearly being a big issue for some people on this forum, will that extend to how they feel about CH too? ?

Youd be surprised the difference an inch can make! 

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Some say an inch makes all the difference... 

32 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Not even been appointed and he's getting moaned about already.

Good luck Chris (if it's you), you're going to need it pal.

Truly unbelievable that people would moan about Hughton being appointed  out of the field of managers we have been linked with.  Takes all sorts though! 

Just now, Redrascal2 said:

Amazed to read in the Post that formal discussions about the job have not taken place with Hughton. What has been going on for the last three weeks then. 

Informal discussions I would imagine

22 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I like how you looked into this

Just now, JonDolman said:

Jokanovic, Mark Robins 

Jokanovic might take as much if not more money than Gerrard to leave his current contract and doesn't have the same commercial appeal.

If we're prepared to fund Hughton, why would you want Robins? He clearly has an inferior track record.

11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Interesting comments from him at about 8 mins in and asked about his philosophy. Couldn't play expansive football with Brighton in the Prem, too risky but no problem if you have a team with the right players for that type of style.

If anything he sounded averse to risk and a realist rather than preferring a duller more defensive setup as some Brighton supporters have suggested.

Archived