IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

22 minutes ago, Renaissance Williams said:

Magdalen and the Dunn, Lez? Very impressive - tell us which years you were up. You seem to be retired now.

Bristol 98-2000

Magdalen 00-02

Columbia university 03

Princeton 04

2 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

So has he signed or what?

if so, why nothing on the OS?

Nothing has been announced yet as we've spent the evening going through Lez's CV. Once we've got all of his references back, Mark Ashton will decide between him and Hughton. 

Well it looks like there have been numerous pundits on this thread, about whether CH would give BCFC a punt.

If only we knew one punt from another.

2 hours ago, Lez said:

No as previously mentioned I have a PHD in microbiology and virology so give the odd bit of advice and case work.

Yet you write as though you have just left infant school. In the top 1.5% of the country, education wise, and are unable to use a full stop appropriately. I have my doubts. 

1 hour ago, Lez said:

I know couldnt be arsed to correct.

Right. I’ve just come home after a few beers, came on here to see if there was any Hughton update and it’s page after page of you being an insufferable bell sniff. I’m too pissed to care about learning how to block people so could you kindly sod off quietly please. Up the City.  

Just now, Greedo said:

Right. I’ve just come home after a few beers, came on here to see if there was any Hughton update and it’s page after page of you being an insufferable bell sniff. I’m too pissed to care about learning how to block people so could you kindly sod off quietly please. Up the City.  

And yet after a few beers you can still spell correctly compared the a big brain academic continually making mistakes

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

And yet after a few beers you can still spell correctly compared the a big brain academic continually making mistakes

All in the autocorrect these days chief. Comes in handy when trying to undersell my pissedness to the Mrs. 

On 09/08/2018 at 21:45, Londoner said:

Bristol for the degree and London Met for the masters and doctorate

1 hour ago, Lez said:

Bristol 98-2000

Magdalen 00-02

Columbia university 03

Princeton 04

That's funny you said London Met after Bristol previously albeit under another pseudonym?

:yawn:

Hughton and positivity or negativity. More positivity at home than us this season certainly- away from home I'm not so bothered, mix and match a bit.

Time at Brighton! The results are secondary in this analysis, odd though it sounds- looking at positivity, and how clinical a side might be, security and possession too.

PART ONE.

2014/15

From 31st December 2014 to end of season. At home.

PLAYED- 11

GOALS FOR- 14

GOALS AGAINST- 15

Average Shots FOR Per Game- 15.18

Average Shots on Target FOR Per Game- 4.90 (Could argue 4.91 with rounding).

Average Shots AGAINST Per Game- 11.81 (Maybe 11.82 with rounding).

Average Shots on Target AGAINST Per Game- 3.63 (Maybe 3.64 with rounding).

Average Possession Per Game- 53.52% (Maybe 53.53% with rounding).

In fairness, he did take over in a relegation scrap- he did his job- kept them up and did superbly in the coming years.

That's pretty good, positive- conversion rate aside! Bit end to end though, in a number of aspects. A bit above 50% possession too- ticks quite a few boxes, not least as it's a relegation scrap that he inherited.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Average Shots FOR Per Game- 15.18

Average Shots on Target FOR Per Game- 4.90 (Could argue 4.91 with rounding).

Average Shots AGAINST Per Game- 11.81 (Maybe 11.82 with rounding).

Average Shots on Target AGAINST Per Game- 3.63 (Maybe 3.64 with rounding).

If you take our lackadaisical yet clinical approach to shots from this season, and Bentley's save %, then these kind of numbers are incredibly positive.

To explain. We've needed 7.8 shots (2.5 on target) to score a goal this term, and opponents have been asked to take 14.5 (3.2 on target) in order to score.

Extrapolate all of these figures across a 46 game season. Hughton's 15.18 per game x 46 is 698.28 (massively up from the 467 we've taken this season), take that may shots at a scoring rate of 7.8 per goal and you get 89.5 goals scored, round it up to 90. Just use the shots on target figure and you get 4.9 x 46 as 225.4. Divide that by 2.5 and you're estimating 90.16 goals scored.

At the other end we allowed 689 shots this season, resulting in the concession of 65 goals. Take those Hughton numbers and apply our figures. 11.81 x 46 is 543.26. it took opposition teams on average 10.6 shots to score this year, so divide 543.26 by 10.6 and we could be looking at conceding 51.25 goals. Based on shots on target the expected concession number is 52.

So essentially, if Hughton could replicate those 2014/15 numbers and replicate our efficiency from this season we'd be looking at scoring 90 and conceding 52, aka a goal difference of 48. It is all caveated by the randomness of football, the different playing squads, and myriad of the variables, but the numbers are there to give hope. Those are automatic promotion numbers. They also give you an average score per match of 1.95 - 1.13 which means 3 goals a game at AG. Exciting to watch.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

If you take our lackadaisical yet clinical approach to shots from this season, and Bentley's save %, then these kind of numbers are incredibly positive.

To explain. We've needed 7.8 shots (2.5 on target) to score a goal this term, and opponents have been asked to take 14.5 (3.2 on target) in order to score.

Extrapolate all of these figures across a 46 game season. Hughton's 15.18 per game x 46 is 698.28 (massively up from the 467 we've taken this season), take that may shots at a scoring rate of 7.8 per goal and you get 89.5 goals scored, round it up to 90. Just use the shots on target figure and you get 4.9 x 46 as 225.4. Divide that by 2.5 and you're estimating 90.16 goals scored.

At the other end we allowed 689 shots this season, resulting in the concession of 65 goals. Take those Hughton numbers and apply our figures. 11.81 x 46 is 543.26. it took opposition teams on average 10.6 shots to score this year, so divide 543.26 by 10.6 and we could be looking at conceding 51.25 goals. Based on shots on target the expected concession number is 52.

So essentially, if Hughton could replicate those 2014/15 numbers and replicate our efficiency from this season we'd be looking at scoring 90 and conceding 52, aka a goal difference of 48. It is all caveated by the randomness of football, the different playing squads, and myriad of the variables, but the numbers are there to give hope. Those are automatic promotion numbers. They also give you an average score per match of 1.95 - 1.13 which means 3 goals a game at AG. Exciting to watch.

Just to clarify, those were merely the home stats. However that does seem very positive- our output has clearly outperformed our shot numbers this season!

Archived