IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

Just now, RUSSEL85 said:

74 down, 26 to go!

Truly farcical if so. But at least Hughton isn't a Nkeitah. Chasing a young player is a totally different level of significance to getting what we need - a top manager

It will truly shake the fan base if Lansdown chooses the bloke from Newport County or someone of similiar ilk  after all this

3 minutes ago, BcfcDuncs said:

If this is true it shows how truly pathetic, despot-ridden and outdated we are. Shortlist of 8 and interviews???? The turgid hand of a truly arrogant owner and his cronies. ("I liked his tie but he was a bit shaky on the Kings and Queens of England, let's get the bloke from Newport County, nice young man who won't rock the boat")

A proper football Club would decide who they wanted and SELL THE IDEA OF COMING TO US to that person.

5 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

Would like to say... If you 2 ever find yourselves in Canada, and end up in Victoria. My house is your house. My missus would cook a nice dinner...  Subtly fade into the background and we could talk City.

Brilliant passion ... Just got to love it. 

Please bring decent cider. 

Too kind. My boss actually lives in Victoria, so it's not an impossibility. Visited before and you're fortunate to call that town and island home. Whether @Mr Popodopolous can attend I don't know.

2 hours ago, Notbarrymanc said:

? 90 - 52 is not 48! You weren’t educated at Magdalen as well were you?

Ah you spotted the deliberate mistake. You're right of course, it's 38. Still bloody loads, and no, I'm not an academic.

Just now, southvillekiddy said:

If this is true it shows how truly pathetic, despot-ridden and outdated we are. Shortlist of 8 and interviews???? The turgid hand of a truly arrogant owner and his cronies. ("I liked his tie but he was a bit shaky on the Kings and Queens of England, let's get the bloke from Newport County, nice young man who won't rock the boat")

A proper football Club would decide who they wanted and SELL THE IDEA OF COMING TO US to that person.

IF that story is to be believed (?), then Chris Hughton, the absolute stand out candidate, has every right to be insulted by it.

In the meantime another club comes along and offers him their job straight away.

12 minutes ago, BcfcDuncs said:

11 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Nothing close and may not be CH according to Gregor 

Strange as I thought it was just crossing the Ts and dotting the i's left to do!

If the latest Post story is in any way true then we are an absolute shambles. I’m all for due diligence but this seems like needless red tape so that we are deliberately slow to miss the best options and are only then left with the cheap versions that no-one else wants.

Just now, The Gasbuster said:

IF that story is to be believed (?), then Chris Hughton, the absolute stand out candidate, has every right to be insulted by it.

In the meantime another club comes along and offers him their job straight away.

Agreed. If true, a total insult to him. We should be selling the club to him, the stand out candidate. I am concerned we are making a pigs ear out of this and are dragging this out longer than we should be.

Oh dear. I hope this isn't going to be the mother of all anti-climaxes.

Imagine if they reveal our new manager to be Dean Holden. "After considering over 100 candidates, we like the way Dean has taken over responsibility for the team and feel he deserves the chance to take this club forward".

Sorry Dean.

2 minutes ago, Cardy said:

If the latest Post story is in any way true then we are an absolute shambles. I’m all for due diligence but this seems like needless red tape so that we are deliberately slow to miss the best options and are only then left with the cheap versions that no-one else wants.

Exactly, a shortlist of EIGHT !!

FFS

1 minute ago, Cardy said:

If I were a cynical chap I would say that that was exactly what Lansdown wants. Dear Lord please can he find another plaything and leave our Club.

2 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Agree. It is a farce that a candidate as well suited to the job as Hughton has to wait this long and be party to such an antiquated process.And it would serve Lansdown right if he turned us down and went to a club who appreciate what he has achieved in getting teams to the Premiership.

If Hughton is available, keen and excited to take the role (as reported) and we look elsewhere for a cheaper option, then that is exactly what I would expect us to do.

The longer it goes on the less chance I think we have of landing Hughton. He’s able to pick and choose clubs that come calling because of how good and proven he is. Can’t imagine he’s too keen to sit and wait around whilst we interview Robbie effin Fowler.

I was excited yesterday. Concerned now

Bristol City FC.

Simple message. Stop procrastinating will you and appoint Hughton.

You are beginning to make us look stupid (again).

If you want something in life. Go for it. 

Any wonder this Club never delivers.

28 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, yours is the Premier League and everything that’s in it 

To quote the late, great Les Dawson, "If you can keep your head when all around are losing theirs, you'll be taller than most".

Archived