IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

IF true... How is it taking them 3 (three) weeks to draw up a shortlist? When there’s a pool of max 100 candidates. And how is the shortlist 8? That’s a large amount for the real world, let alone in a position where CVs are much more transparent. 

We’ve already talked about deliberation vs procrastination. This does not bode well.  

I also mentioned board unity earlier. At a point where vision and clarity are essential, it sounds like we have bureaucracy and dithering. 

If there is any truth in this, then it’s an absolute shambles. It would have been good to see the new head coach in and over seeing the last couple of games.

Hopefully someone at the club has is having a good laugh at McGregors/the EPs expense and the reality is that this is all done and dusted. 

5 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

IF true... How is it taking them 3 (three) weeks to draw up a shortlist? When there’s a pool of max 100 candidates. And how is the shortlist 8? That’s a large amount for the real world, let alone in a position where CVs are much more transparent. 

We’ve already talked about deliberation vs procrastination. This does not bode well.  

I also mentioned board unity earlier. At a point where vision and clarity are essential, it sounds like we have bureaucracy and dithering. 

Thats how every professional business in the Western world works, 

17 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I wonder if SL is going to repeat his biggest clanger at City.

Pulis chosen over Moyes!

No multi interviews when LJ was appointed. So why when we have an absolutely stand out candidate?

If this is fact of course. It could just be creative journalism.

Wasn’t it Scott Davidson who appointed Pulis?

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Strange some media outlets were reporting its was done now apparently its 7-10 days away and might not be CH. Maybe CH met with city yesterday and he and the club have different visions . 

Or maybe we pissed about trying to get SG and someone else has now come in and sounded Hughton out.

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Well its how very few football clubs work. Three weeks rudderless, pre-pre season opportunity lost. NO plan whatsoever for replacing LJ, just fire him and ‘cross that bridge when we get to it’. 

i have recruited about 30 people to very senior positions in my time. In my experience middle management jobs take a long time to fill, very senior levels nowhere bear as long because you know what you want and the candidate pool is so much smaller. 

Hopefully this is either..

1) Gregor doing what his bosses want...clickbait

or

2) Spin from the club who want it to look like they’ve taken their time and interviewed everyone available before coming to a decision...rather than just saying “listen Chris, the job’s yours, we’ll announce it formally next week after the news of these redundancies has died down”.

What concerns me is that the club either don’t really know who they want OR Hughton has decided against it for whatever reason. I’m more inclined to think the latter as pretty reliable posters on here have seemed very confident that he’s getting the job.

20 minutes ago, JollyestOli said:

@Harry any idea?

I’m not hearing anything on this at the mo. Doing some digging. 

My thoughts are thus :

What we do know is that Hughton was spoken to over a week ago. He has a particular salary requirement. He’d also have particular requirements over the areas he would oversee. 
Those areas may step on some other toes. 

We know that Flynn was spoken to over a week ago. He’d ‘exactly’ fit the structure. 

We know that Gerrard was being pursued. He’d have been a combination of Hughton & Flynn - ie expensive, but fits the structure. 

I’m thinking that Gerrard was first choice without a shadow of doubt. Hughton they know will be the sensible 2nd choice, but there are stumbling blocks over areas of responsibility, ie insistence on playing youth, control over transfers, player wage budget... 

7 minutes ago, Desso said:

I think it should be CH interviewing our board.

Absolutely. Becoming farcical. We should know who we want and go and get him. Look at Huddersfield. They knew who they want and get him in straight away. 

If I was Hughton I'd stick two fingers up to Lansdown and Co. 

Someone said we have plenty of time? I'd imagine pre season will start in less than three weeks.

22 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

IF Gregor is right it perhaps indicates something may have been requested that is making us a bit twitchy, bigger transfer/wage budget perhaps, wanting the club to have a category 1 academy for example? Something that increases costs of the club at a time they need to be kept down.

Having said that KITR generally has a better success ratio than the post...

It would appear that KITRs source was infact LJ. Hasn’t had any information right  since his departure...

Just now, BCFC Grim said:

Absolutely. Becoming farcical. We should know who we want and go and get him. Look at Huddersfield. They knew who they want and get him in straight away. 

Someone said we have plenty of time? I'd imagine pre season will start in less than three weeks.

How have Huddersfield performed under their new boss?

Too early to tell, 

5 hours ago, glos old boy said:

Seems we have learned nothing from that mega long, Arsenal player "who was def coming here" thread; its not done until its done.

Wouldnt suprise me if a outsider comes through at the finish....like Plymouth manager or the like....."dont count your chickens" comes to mind.

One thing is certain a mega clear out and another re-build will happen and has started already (loan players leaving etc)

Dunno if (yet) another mega clear out would be to our benefit tbh. Especially if we get Hughton (or equivalent standard).

9 minutes ago, Kibs said:

If there is any truth in this, then it’s an absolute shambles. It would have been good to see the new head coach in and over seeing the last couple of games.

Hopefully someone at the club has is having a good laugh at McGregors/the EPs expense and the reality is that this is all done and dusted. 

100% agree.

Very short pre-season. Loads of dead rubber games that could've been used by the new guy. Loanees returning in the absence of a manager, players already being sounded out by other clubs. 

Why we appear to be moving like a constipated sloth, I do not get.

We need a hand on the tiller ASAP.

2 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Last I saw, new season itself never mind pre season due to start on either at best (from our bedding in POV) September 12th or August 29th.

These two dates are the two possibles. Clubs due to vote on which one.

Huddersfield new manager possibly wasn't in demand though so that's a factor too.

12 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Yeah it’s not. As southside says. A senior position like this requires a very different recruitment process. Combine that with the fast pace of football, and we’re crawling towards disaster atm

34 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I wonder if SL is going to repeat his biggest clanger at City.

Pulis chosen over Moyes!

No multi interviews when LJ was appointed. So why when we have an absolutely stand out candidate?

If this is fact of course. It could just be creative journalism.

That wasnt Lansdown was it? Thought that was 2 years before he came on board.

Archived