IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

Just now, Notbarrymanc said:

Yeah it’s not. As southside says. A senior position like this requires a very different recruitment process. Combine that with the fast pace of football, and we’re crawling towards disaster atm

it isn't a senior position its middle management if you want to get technical,

A senior position would be a coo ceo, dof or board member

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

All depressingly familiar. Just get on with it. People building their parts methinks. Dunno who it is supposed to impress but it’s not the fan base. 

Not the candidates either probably.

I remember years ago going for a job and having three interviews, basically being dicked about for over a month by the prospective employer.

When they called me in for a fourth, I said "**** it". Went off and worked for somebody else.

Going back a few years Luton Town invented a competition called ‘Manager Idol’ where they picked 3 potential managers (Kinnear, Cotts and Newell) and their fans had to vote for the guy they wanted by phoning a Premium Rate phone number to lodge their vote. Votes counted by the club.

In the end the overwhelming favourite (Kinnear) didn’t win, instead it was outsider Mike Newell who, handily, also appeared to be the only one who bothered to show up on the final day. Nothing fishy about that.

We could do the same thing.

McCarthy, Hughton and Flynn

Get voting now!

Everyone uses the line “I’d get a refund on my season ticket” should something happen. Would the club actually have any requirement to oblige with this request? Should the season not have started, and no games players, they’d have no reason not to. But would their be a legal requirement to refund should someone want one? 

35 minutes ago, Dredd said:

This. The Post are more concerned about generating hits and ad revenue than being an actual paper nowadays. Hence all the click bait articles from Hull.  I think GMG does a decent job but wouldn’t be surprised if this is about getting more clicks than actual fact

I believe Gregor has good sources on this.  But with all sources, unless they are MA, JL or SL, they might not be completely right.  Up to now, both EP and KITR have been closely aligned on the new manager.

Be interesting if KITR has any updates from his position last night.

Things change quickly in football.  What if Hughton go sounded out about another club who are close to sacking their manager.

Its a forum, speculation is fine, frustration is fine too....bread puns are borderline!

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Pulis has had a solid enough career overall but went to shit here. Moyes has been better of couese (though by no means perfect).

Thought was Taylor v Pulis in final running?

WTF? Pulis had little track record at the time, and had left Gillingham under a HUGE cloud. He was despised by the fans before he arrived, and when he left there was literally a party. 

I remember being on the predecessor to this forum and the players coming on to join in the criticism of Pulis (eg Tinman).

I wasn't at the Stoke game back in 2007/8 (I think) but I recall the reception Pulis got was quite astonishingly visceral.

1 minute ago, James54De said:

Everyone uses the line “I’d get a refund on my season ticket” should something happen. Would the club actually have any requirement to oblige with this request? Should the season not have started, and no games players, they’d have no reason not to. But would their be a legal requirement to refund should someone want one? 

Saw something from Cardiff saying 30% capacity but no refunds. Admittedly it was from Annis Abraham so may be rubbish 

8 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Not the candidates either probably.

I remember years ago going for a job and having three interviews, basically being dicked about for over a month by the prospective employer.

When they called me in for a fourth, I said "**** it". Went off and worked for somebody else.

I wasn’t thinking candidates. I recognise the scenario you describe!

19 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Well its how very few football clubs work. Three weeks rudderless, pre-pre season opportunity lost. NO plan whatsoever for replacing LJ, just fire him and ‘cross that bridge when we get to it’. 

i have recruited about 30 people to very senior positions in my time. In my experience middle management jobs take a long time to fill, very senior levels nowhere bear as long because you know what you want and the candidate pool is so much smaller. 

Indeed. The pool had only one in it last time. And he was in there before the other guy had been shown the door!

Allegedly.

12 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

WTF? Pulis had little track record at the time, and had left Gillingham under a HUGE cloud. He was despised by the fans before he arrived, and when he left there was literally a party. 

I remember being on the predecessor to this forum and the players coming on to join in the criticism of Pulis (eg Tinman).

I wasn't at the Stoke game back in 2007/8 (I think) but I recall the reception Pulis got was quite astonishingly visceral.

Led Gillingham to within one game of the Championship their highest ever level. Playoff final 1998/99.

Technically speaking, at that time he had more of a track record than Moyes.

Would have to look at his prior career but he at that time had more managerial experience than Moyes.

Was delightful when he left and yes I remember the Stoke return but funny how he's done well in a lot of places. I say well, more like solidly.

8 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Saw something from Cardiff saying 30% capacity but no refunds. Admittedly it was from Annis Abraham so may be rubbish 

I have a Cardiff supporting friend, they've been told even if they don't get in the ground for a single game there is no refund, they spoke to a friend who works in law and because Cardiff have been upfront if you choose to pay it you accept their terms

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

anyone remember the last transfer window when the post said we weren't close on signing only for them to be announced at 9pm that same day........

And Gregor signing off for a few days announcing nothing was close and bam next morning a signing.

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I now expect Hughton to take another opportunity that comes his way, whilst Mark Ashton and Jon Lansdown 'ponder over 8 candidates over the next 7 to 10 days'

Embarrassing if this happens!

I agree with you.

Prem last game is Sunday.

A good chance someone in the Prem will be sacked on the day or within a day or 2 of Sunday. Could be a relegated side or a team that just escapes.

If they come knocking on CH's door we will lose out. 

FFS give him the f@cking job. Due Diligence my f@cking ringpiece!!

1 minute ago, supercidered said:

Agreed with you.

Prem last game is Sunday.

A good chance someone in the Prem will be sacked on the day or within a day or 2 of Sunday. Could be a relegated side or a team that just escapes.

If they come knocking on CH's door we will lose out. 

FFS give him the f@cking job. Due Diligence my f@cking ringpiece!!

What if we have offered the job to CH a week ago and he's said to the board I'm going to consider my options as he's waiting for Sunday to see if a relegated side sacks their manager and goes for him?

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

The point is that SL voted for Pulis instead of Moyes. Choosing managers is not his forte.

Name me a chairman at a football club that gets every appointment right,

Also the fact that tiny penis is a top manager also backs lansdowns judgment

Just because he is a **** doesnt make him a bad manager he just wasn't right for city

25 minutes ago, !james said:

I'm now getting flashbacks to when KITR said Nketiah was done and dusted... ?

I was very careful to say that one wasn't done and dusted. As I recall on the morning Andy (forgotten his username) and @petehinton (sorry to drop you both in it) said it was done, and I said it wasn't...

I'm worried, if James Piercy is right, that Hughton may not be second choice after all. 

Archived