IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I was very careful to say that one wasn't done and dusted. As I recall on the morning Andy (forgotten his username) and @petehinton (sorry to drop you both in it) said it was done, and I said it wasn't...

I'm worried, if James Piercy is right, that Hughton may not be second choice after all. 

F@ck it lets just appoint Michael Appleton or even Michael Atherton.

15 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Saw something from Cardiff saying 30% capacity but no refunds. Admittedly it was from Annis Abraham so may be rubbish 

That wasn’t at all what I was asking. I’m asking about refunds if a customer asked the club before the season starts. Not COVID related refunds. 

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I was very careful to say that one wasn't done and dusted. As I recall on the morning Andy (forgotten his username) and @petehinton (sorry to drop you both in it) said it was done, and I said it wasn't...

I'm worried, if James Piercy is right, that Hughton may not be second choice after all. 

tbf I was so confident in the sauceeeee i stuck £100 on it so more fool me! In fairness it must be the first time ever a player has agreed a medical and then now showed us tbh.

fwiw I still think they are holding off announcing anything because of the redundancy announcement yesterday

36 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’m not hearing anything on this at the mo. Doing some digging. 

My thoughts are thus :

What we do know is that Hughton was spoken to over a week ago. He has a particular salary requirement. He’d also have particular requirements over the areas he would oversee. 
Those areas may step on some other toes. 

We know that Flynn was spoken to over a week ago. He’d ‘exactly’ fit the structure. 

We know that Gerrard was being pursued. He’d have been a combination of Hughton & Flynn - ie expensive, but fits the structure. 

I’m thinking that Gerrard was first choice without a shadow of doubt. Hughton they know will be the sensible 2nd choice, but there are stumbling blocks over areas of responsibility, ie insistence on playing youth, control over transfers, player wage budget... 

Clutching at straws here but maybe SG has changed his mind? 

Is it possible we want to media-manage this story as much as possible (factoring in biggest impact time eg Friday 8pm and also letting the job losses story leave the news cycle) so have told Gregor to post this. In return he gets the exclusive just before it's revealed?

All the noises about Hughton seemed very positive, TalkSport and Sky seemed convinced it was pretty much done. I don't think we've messed this up.

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

tbf I was so confident in the sauceeeee i stuck £100 on it so more fool me! In fairness it must be the first time ever a player has agreed a medical and then now showed us tbh.

fwiw I still think they are holding off announcing anything because of the redundancy announcement yesterday

Ha, yeah the Nketiah deal was bloody close to happening. Twice. 

Still hopeful of an announcement early next week as looks like it's off today/tomorrow.

Worth bearing in mind that James Piercy also wrote an article YESTERDAY saying that Hughton was now the front runner and having formal talks with City today/tomorrow.

So, either he's been given conflicting information, or there is an element of PR/delaying tactics by the club going on. 

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Ha, yeah the Nketiah deal was bloody close to happening. Twice. 

Still hopeful of an announcement early next week as looks like it's off today/tomorrow.

Worth bearing in mind that James Piercy also wrote an article YESTERDAY saying that Hughton was now the front runner and having formal talks with City today/tomorrow.

So, either he's been given conflicting information, or there is an element of PR/delaying tactics by the club going on. 

Pr/delaying tactics kid,

We do it all the time

Assuming this is true are any of you really surprised? I mean really?

I would be more surprised if we’d appointed CH this week with great fanfare to be honest.

This is exactly what I feared and exactly what I expected. That feeling of being underwhelmed and decisions being made by good business men who don’t have a clue about football.

Prove me wrong please City! 

One final point: who the hell in any industry has a short list of 8 interview candidates?!

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

The only thing that's depressingly familiar this morning is the total over-reaction of this forum!

I’m just particularly wary that the longer it goes on, the more I worry.

Let’s face it, Chris Hughton could walk into any job from the bottom half of the Premier League. He would be a massive coup for us.

There will be no doubt other options for CH in the coming days/weeks now the season has come to a close. I just hope we don’t dawdle...

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

I’m just particularly wary that the longer it goes on, the more I worry.

Let’s face it, Chris Hughton could walk into any job from the bottom half of the Premier League. He would be a massive coup for us.

There will be no doubt other options for CH in the coming days/weeks now the season has come to a close. I just hope we don’t dawdle...

I'm not sure about bottom half of PL, but certainly the entire Championship and a few prem clubs like Watford/Bournemouth. I get your point though - a couple of sackings elsewhere and there'll be plenty of demand for him. 

10 minutes ago, italian dave said:

The only thing that's depressingly familiar this morning is the total over-reaction of this forum!

If you say so. This is one of the biggest decisions this club will make. Needs to be right. The current owner has got few such decisions right. Concern is understandable - I’d have thought. 

This is absolute peak City in the very worst sense.

14 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

If you say so. This is one of the biggest decisions this club will make. Needs to be right. The current owner has got few such decisions right. Concern is understandable - I’d have thought. 

If Hughton is available, keen and can be secured for the right money, it’s an easy decision.

If this turns out to be utter tosh from the post and CH is announced in the next few days can we all agree that moving forward they are an irrelevant source. This will cause unrecoverable damage to Gregors rep if he is talking **** here.

23 minutes ago, One Team said:

Assuming this is true are any of you really surprised? I mean really?

I would be more surprised if we’d appointed CH this week with great fanfare to be honest.

This is exactly what I feared and exactly what I expected. That feeling of being underwhelmed and decisions being made by good business men who don’t have a clue about football.

Prove me wrong please City! 

One final point: who the hell in any industry has a short list of 8 interview candidates?!

Correct made. A shortlist of 8 would mean you don't properly know how to evaluate the applicants.

Archived