IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

5 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

If this turns out to be utter tosh from the post and CH is announced in the next few days can we all agree that moving forward they are an irrelevant source. This will cause unrecoverable damage to Gregors rep if he is talking **** here.

Steady now Milo. Although you might possibly be on to something.........

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I had a 10 minute chat with my old (soon to be new) Programme Manager about our respective families.  Jobs for the boys ???

Yep, :)

anyway the club is tweeting on the hour winding fans up,

The bookies havent reopened the market

club trolling before an announcement again?

So if there's 8 candidates, why have we not heard rumours of any of the others? Seems unlikely. I think this is a smokescreen to delay the appointment until the news about redundancies is behind us a bit, and perhaps they are taking time over CH's coaching staff (also bear in mind our current coaches may be losing their jobs and so compensation to negotiate there too?)

47 minutes ago, One Team said:

One final point: who the hell in any industry has a short list of 8 interview candidates?!

A typical shortlist would be 4-5 candidates.

Within that you would expect to have an obvious favourite [CH] , those who could potentially do an effective job [Cook, Neil] and one wild card who on paper might be a longshot through lack of experience [Wellens, Robins, Lowe].

Sometimes you can't / choose not to select the best because you don't want to pay the money or they are simply happy where they are.

Anyone know what the Clubs stance is on the present coaching staff?

Are any potential new managers being asked to work with what we have or are they being allowed to bring in their own team?

I guess this would be a fundamental stumbling block as to who comes here.

If Houghton was to come here I wouldn't be surprised to see some Bame candidates interviewed for coaching roles...

49 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I’m just particularly wary that the longer it goes on, the more I worry.

Let’s face it, Chris Hughton could walk into any job from the bottom half of the Premier League. He would be a massive coup for us.

There will be no doubt other options for CH in the coming days/weeks now the season has come to a close. I just hope we don’t dawdle...

47 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

If you say so. This is one of the biggest decisions this club will make. Needs to be right. The current owner has got few such decisions right. Concern is understandable - I’d have thought. 

Don't get me wrong: I completely get the concern, yes its a huge decision and I'd love us to land Hughton with everyone satisfied they can work with each other.

The over-reaction I was meaning was the way that one minute it's all sweetness and light, we're about to make an announcement, jokes about the roof etc. Then one post linking to the Post's article and all of a sudden the club has f**ked up again, we never get anything right, and (as happened with LJ) people's fury at not getting their way this minute turns to abuse of Landsown - it's pathetic. 

Could potentially be 10 days away?!?! Im assuming that must be taking the piss.

So, im guessing its the club thats deciding which players are good enough to be retained or not then is it? eg Korey. It doesnt matter what the new "head coach" thinks. 

A deal could be agreed with CH for all we know but we possibly aren't just talking to him he may want to bring in his own backroom staff so we will to speak to them as well before everything is confirmed. 

It's not as simple as if you were offered a job you're offered a job, you sign a contract, you're hired. 

CH would have to speak to whoever to agree a deal for him then we would then ask if there's anyone he wants to bring in and then we'd need to speak to them. Say he wants to bring in an assistant manager we'd need to speak to Dean and Macca about them leaving or maybe CH wants to keep them in a coaching capacity we'd need to agree new contracts with them. All of this before CH has even signed the contract. 

13 minutes ago, headhunter said:

A typical shortlist would be 4-5 candidates.

Within that you would expect to have an obvious favourite [CH] , those who could potentially do an effective job [Cook, Neil] and one wild card who on paper might be a longshot through lack of experience [Wellens, Robins, Lowe].

Sometimes you can't / choose not to select the best because you don't want to pay the money or they are simply happy where they are.

Pretty much exactly my approach in my job.

18 minutes ago, spudski said:

If Houghton was to come here I wouldn't be surprised to see some Bame candidates interviewed for coaching roles...

Unfortunately, Houghton didn't make the shortlist.

But, Hughton did. So fingers crossed eh?

Hughton.  ?

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/search-bristol-citys-head-coach-4360286

Holden getting an interview. Also Robbie Fowler. Ah feel much more assured now :laughcont:

This is what the article actually says, "Robbie Fowler is believed to be another, and Dean Holden could well be interviewed "

I'm failing to see where it states either of them IS getting an interview.

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yes, but Smith wasn't even getting in the squad I don't think. 

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Thought he played a couple of games at right back for him

I mentioned this on another post....Korey was let go (to Oldham) by Hughton.  He only got on the bench (unused) once under Hughton.  Never played.

Plus neither he, Ashley Williams or Niki Maenpaa are on the retained list either.

As suggested by @GrahamC, very likely that Korey missed PNE to save himself from injury (with playoffs gone).  Williams in a very different situation at the end if his career might’ve thought “sod it, I’ll play”. ??‍♂️

8 candidates, go....

1. Hughton

2. McCarthy

3. Jokanvic

4. Daum 

5. Fowler

6. Lowe

7. Flynn

8. Cooke

9. Holden

That's off the top of my head, in about 30 seconds. Yes I know there's 9, but that just shows how easy it is to get a large number from just some of the names that have been mentioned, on here, and excludes the people who have distanced themselves (Gerrard, Cowley).

Do we really have a shortlist of 8, or is someone making up a list and consequently a story? A shortlist of 8, is not really short is it.

If it takes another 7-10 days, then that will be about 4 weeks without a head coach. 

Also don't buy the Holden may get an interview as well "given his fine job in the last weeks of the season". We beat a few teams lower down the league, and still struggled against a few better ones.

Don't believe everything you read.

As i said.... Bored now. The club really have no idea that 'timing means everything' to the fans... 

Following breaking news by the press and media yesterday... We now have to wait for another 7 to 10 days? 

Have a good weekend guys... 

3 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

This is what the article actually says, "Robbie Fowler is believed to be another, and Dean Holden could well be interviewed "

I'm failing to see where it states either of them IS getting an interview.

He source will be sky sports who reported that fowler applied for the job but never heard anything,

The more you read his storys the more you know he has no information from the inner workings of ashton gate

Archived