IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

1 hour ago, Cider red said:

I think if Hughton was coming he would be here by now...

Apparently the several interviews were yesterday, weekend to finalise choice and confirm with 1st choice, think we could likely see something Monday/Tuesday, Hughton or not.

10 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Apparently the several interviews were yesterday, weekend to finalise choice and confirm with 1st choice, think we could likely see something Monday/Tuesday, Hughton or not.

Also the prem season finishes tomorrow and Dennis Smith or Eddie howe may be looking for a job

19 minutes ago, marmite said:

Think perhaps CH has turned us down, hence we are still looking.

I doubt we'll ever know who actually applied, who was interviewed, who made the short list or who turned us down. All very hush hush down at AG.....bit like the Kremlin! 

6 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Jesus, some right bed wetters in this thread. Chill the **** out. 

There are going to be some serious red faces in a few days.

mark wahlberg relax GIF

With anger or embarrassment, etherway it will be glorious and poor old @tomarse is going to have his work cut out with the server

11 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Jesus, some right bed wetters in this thread. Chill the **** out. 

There are going to be some serious red faces in a few days.

mark wahlberg relax GIF

Eloquently put Badger. Everything is in hand. I don't believe most of us will be disappointed with the outcome. 

1 minute ago, Red_Alligator said:

Eloquently put Badger. Everything is in hand. I don't believe most of us will be disappointed with the outcome. 

..............until we are sitting in the relegation zone at Christmas. :shocking:

1 minute ago, Red_Alligator said:

That's the spirit! Can I have next week's lottery numbers please?

My comment was made with my tongue firmly in my cheek - hence the emoji.

Having said that, no matter what manager fans' want, their not being disappointed with the appointment will last only if he gets the team performing.  Any sort of LJ like downturn will quickly see opinions change.

I've not particular favourite, other than the right man being the right fit and having the ability , and willingness, to operate within the structure the club has developed. Financial issues are going to be of ever increasing importance post cover, it's not so much the club doing things on the cheap but operating within the financial constraints to maintain sustainability in order to ensure ffp compliance( whatever those limits by be in the next year or so) and the club remaining solvent.

Whoever is chosen will have my backing. 

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

My comment was made with my tongue firmly in my cheek - hence the emoji.

Having said that, no matter what manager fans' want, their not being disappointed with the appointment will last only if he gets the team performing.  Any sort of LJ like downturn will quickly see opinions change.

I've not particular favourite, other than the right man being the right fit and having the ability , and willingness, to operate within the structure the club has developed. Financial issues are going to be of ever increasing importance post cover, it's not so much the club doing things on the cheap but operating within the financial constraints to maintain sustainability in order to ensure ffp compliance( whatever those limits by be in the next year or so) and the club remaining solvent.

Whoever is chosen will have my backing. 

That's good to know Downend. I'm happy to agree. Who knows - we may be top at Christmas........

Just now, Red_Alligator said:

That's good to know Downend. I'm happy to agree. Who knows - we may be top at Christmas........

I suspect that's what the board are trying to ensure in making the right decision - even if it's not the quick decision many seem to think is essential.

21 hours ago, Floatn Over said:

Could it just be as simple as CH being on holiday ?  Just saying.

That has been my thought for a while now. Having a good holiday with his Mrs so he can hit the ground running 

Plus, getting his back room staff sorted, whose to say that the people he wants working with him aren’t currently employed by other clubs.

It wouldn’t be good to have him answering questions at a press conference about his assistant coaches, and he answers with a name that is working for another club whose season hasn’t finished yet!

3 hours ago, Harry said:

Chief Scouts no longer here under Ashton’s watch :

Russ Richardson. 
Keith Burt. 
Des Taylor. 
Mervyn Day. 
Current Chief Scout : Vacant since Sept 19. 

We have Damian Butt who is HoR for the Academy. We don’t have a first team HoR. 

We also have Sean Gillespie who is "head of the rucruitment" as far as every interview mark Ashton has given

I would still love Hughton, but if he is not happening as he wouldn't fit in with our structure and the board feel he might put our stability at risk, then it's the right decision to not go with him. 

Not sure what other candidates excite me, I would like to see Robins or Cook, but people seem to have written them out already?  Would be intrigued by a manager from abroad coming in; has worked well for other clubs if you get the right person. I wish they'd hurry up though just so I can stop compulsively reading these threads!

Talksport and Daily Mail claimed we would announce Hughton this weekend (forget Gregor for now)... 

I'm hoping for a Saturday evening bumper announcement. They surely wouldn't do it on a Sunday... The last day of the prem. 

Keep that F5 button going... :laugh:

Archived