IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

18 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Talksport and Daily Mail claimed we would announce Hughton this weekend (forget Gregor for now)... 

I'm hoping for a Saturday evening bumper announcement. They surely wouldn't do it on a Sunday... The last day of the prem. 

Keep that F5 button going... :laugh:

So we still haven’t had it from a reputable and reliable source that it’s happening. 

4 hours ago, downendcity said:

Wonder whether he knows how to pronounce Magdalen?

3 hours ago, Southport Red said:

Don’t be so Maudlin @downendcity

Now then, the pronunciation of Magdalen College Oxford is the source of debate I believe. There is a church St Mary of Magdalen in Oxford which is pronounced the way it is spelt, so its a little unclear. 
Magdalene college in Cambridge is definitely pronounced Maudlin, the reason I subscribe to is that the original benefactor had the family name of Maud and was insistent that his name should be incorporated into the college in some way, but there are other theories.

This gives Lez some leeway I guess in what he wishes to claim as his alma mater.

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

We also have Sean Gillespie who is "head of the rucruitment" as far as every interview mark Ashton has given

Nope. He’s the head ‘analyst’. He’s basically the bloke who looks at data and tells others to look at data. 
Definitely NOT ‘talent ID’ or a scout in any way shape or form. 
Also a Leeds fan. 

I can't think of time since Danny Wilson that there was a manager that fans were so widely supportive of as Hughton. The club has been tweeted nearly every hour of every day about #announcehughton.

The board will be aware of the groundswell of opinion and you wonder how much it creeps into their minds during the 'process'.

Don’t know what thread to put this on, so thought here!!

Couple things. 1 Mark Robins ( people are still linking him with our job)  is currently on the touch line at Ibrox where Rangers are playing Coventry in a pre season friendly. 

2, not big news, but I’m watching Weymouth v Dorking in the non league play offs atm, and interestingly for us City fans, Gerry Gow’s grandson is playing for Weymouth ?

10 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

So we still haven’t had it from a reputable and reliable source that it’s not happening.

Big Roy our Alien friend said it’s happening so as far as I’m concerned it’s a done deal. I’m going to get Hughton tattooed on my backside tomorrow 

5 minutes ago, BCFC_95 said:

Big Roy our Alien friend said it’s happening so as far as I’m concerned it’s a done deal. I’m going to get Hughton tattooed on my backside tomorrow 

Come on now you need to be more committed than that...get it on your face instead?

7 minutes ago, BCFC_95 said:

You’ll look an arse unless you spell it properly. It is HOUGHTON 

7 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Or maybe they have a gentlemen's agreement that they aren't going to announce it until next week, as they've just made a shed load of people redundant? 

Why does everything have to be so negative with our support?

Because the club is Satan and can do no right,

Lansdown could give each support 30k and thes people would still moan about him not giving them 40k

6 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Or maybe they have a gentlemen's agreement that they aren't going to announce it until next week, as they've just made a shed load of people redundant? 

I highly doubt a football club would delay the announcement of a new manager because a few people were made redundant in another company. 
Sorry to those people affected but there is no way in the world they’d delay Hughton being announced because of that. 

7 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

I'm still in belief hughtons our man and willbe appointed ?But I want to agree with what was mentioned on podcast the redundancies where done all wrong it should of been someone at the top or players (5 goalkeepers on the books) that where cut back not the lower paid staff.. Bad business.

Just now, Street red said:

I'm still in belief hughtons our man and willbe appointed ?But I want to agree with what was mentioned on podcast the redundancies where done all wrong it should of been someone at the top or players (5 goalkeepers on the books) that where cut back not the lower paid staff.. Bad business.

different companies its like getting rid of the manager at mcdonalds to save the staff at kfc

31 minutes ago, Harry said:

I highly doubt a football club would delay the announcement of a new manager because a few people were made redundant in another company. 
Sorry to those people affected but there is no way in the world they’d delay Hughton being announced because of that. 

29 minutes ago, Street red said:

28 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

different companies its like getting rid of the manager at mcdonalds to save the staff at kfc

I kind of promised I'd leave it but the optics are terrible in that respect. Well maybe not terrible but less than ideal I'd say.

Number of Championship clubs announcing redundancies...Over to @Monkeh Your last list following research was suspect. ;)

Point about company structure, is just while technically true, more complex- especially how it would play.

AGL, Bristol City FC and Bristol City Holdings- these all have the same ultimate beneficial owner/

The KFC and McDonalds comparison is simply misleading.

Irrespective, it wouldn't have a technical effect but it would look pretty bad.

42 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

I wasn't being negative, in the slightest. I was being very droll... I shall spell it out ... Watford have a reputation for hiring and firing at will. I merely made the remark that Hughton was waiting for Watford to hire and then fire their next manager before hiring him. I trust that clarifies.

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

Don’t know what thread to put this on, so thought here!!

Couple things. 1 Mark Robins ( people are still linking him with our job)  is currently on the touch line at Ibrox where Rangers are playing Coventry in a pre season friendly. 

2, not big news, but I’m watching Weymouth v Dorking in the non league play offs atm, and interestingly for us City fans, Gerry Gow’s grandson is playing for Weymouth ?

Soft spot for the terracotta, seeing as every holiday was spent in grandparents caravans in Weymouth.  They got close to winning the conference in the 80s.  All went downhill when they sold their ground.

20 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

This whole Robbie Fowler thing is weird, isn't it?

In fairness Jon, not even I can be bothered to research this one to give him some benefit of the doubt ???

Archived