IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

26 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

LJ could potentially be out of a job at Watford within 3-4 weeks if he went on one of his runs 

He'd likely only have 1 of those runs at his next club, and if he did manage to blag himself out of being sacked, he wouldn't go on another long losing run!!

He had a lot of patience shown towards him here, and I'd be amazed if he was given that anywhere else.

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

I thought we'd got rid of Lee Johnson. And not before time.

Who cares what he does next. :dunno:

Actually, I do, he rescued us when we were a mess, consistently improved our league position, and developed some young players that we then moved on for a bloody fortune. I think he did a pretty good job, just couldn't go the next step.

4 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Actually, I do, he rescued us when we were a mess, consistently improved our league position, and developed some young players that we then moved on for a bloody fortune. I think he did a pretty good job, just couldn't go the next step.

Yeah I'll be interested to see what he does next - same with all the other managers that were here a while and/or achieved success. I've followed GJ's career since he left, look out for what Cotterill is up to and will with LJ.

1 minute ago, SecretSam said:

I respect that others see him that way. I don't for reasons exhaustively stated in the past. An indulged and divisive figure, one of my all time least favourite City managers. 

But that's just my view! I think the fan base should move on. 

A new era dawns!

11 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Brentford are trying to "go the next step." We have been nowhere near this. Johnson failed here.

6 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Brentford are trying to "go the next step." We have been nowhere near this. Johnson failed here.

Brentford have got one step further than us but they're doing it in a very Lee Johnson's Bristol City way! Go on a winning run to get into a position of huge opportunity. Have promotion in your own hands and blow it. And now have the playoff chance and potentially will blow that too. That's so us.

12 minutes ago, mozo said:

Brentford have got one step further than us but they're doing it in a very Lee Johnson's Bristol City way! Go on a winning run to get into a position of huge opportunity. Have promotion in your own hands and blow it. And now have the playoff chance and potentially will blow that too. That's so us.

We blow it well before we even have a chance of the play offs unfortunately 

8 hours ago, miketh2nd said:

The real question is can we make  this thread 150 pages long .... 

Well the time due diligence and the interview process is taking I would think we could easily get there. Maybe they are taking so long in the hope that most candidates will give up waiting and they will give the job to the last man standing.

Please, not Adkins.  Look at his recent record:  Reading relegated in his first season in charge; one season at Sheffield Utd in which they achieved their lowest league position for 30 years; two seasons at Hull finishing 18th and 13th in the Championship.  It’s hard to think of a less inspiring appointment.  Please no.

1 hour ago, Red Exile said:

I thought we'd got rid of Lee Johnson. And not before time.

Who cares what he does next. :dunno:

Find that stance unfathomable and pretty disrespectful.

Yes we needed a change, but he took us from relegation fodder to consistently being in the mix for a top six finish, and for his faults, absolutely loves the club and undoubtedly gave it 100% of his very best every day of his tenure.

So, I think in answer to your question, plenty of people care what he does next and will wish him well in whatever it is.

8 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Please, not Adkins.  Look at his recent record:  Reading relegated in his first season in charge; one season at Sheffield Utd in which they achieved their lowest league position for 30 years; two seasons at Hull finishing 18th and 13th in the Championship.  It’s hard to think of a less inspiring appointment.  Please no.

Plus three promotions (not so recent) - two to the Championship with Scunthorpe and Southampton and one to the Premier League with Southampton.

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Find that stance unfathomable and pretty disrespectful.

Yes we needed a change, but he took us from relegation fodder to consistently being in the mix for a top six finish, and for his faults, absolutely loves the club and undoubtedly gave it 100% of his very best every day of his tenure.

So, I think in answer to your question, plenty of people care what he does next and will wish him well in whatever it is.

Plus I'm interested in who Torquay will play in the Johnson Cup.

Archived