IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

2 hours ago, RedRock said:

Don’t worry.

These people who say Johnson did a good job are the same people who have been defending him for the last few months. They will eventually come round to the fact that post that Wolverhampton match we’ve been in steady decline and that Johnson(and others) after 4.5 years has created a bit of a squad monster with a massive hole in the middle (eg no midfield), no identity, shape or formation.

I think the midfield- or perhaps more accurately the individual midfielders (talking CM) are better than what they've shown this season certainly..

This feeds into the second part of your point. Identity, shape, formation. What we've got, we've had, players who have played Championship, briefly Champions League, PL- can't all be crap and shapeless surely. 

Quite sure a different manager would've got higher output from many.

9 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Just a quick thought. How do any of us really know that Hughton’s interest is any more genuine than Gerrard’s? Granted, he’s out of work and it makes sense, but who first claimed he was interested? 

Seems a long time ago now, but Rob Dorsett from Sky was the first to report it I think. 

• Admin
59 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

It’s a good point but if that’s the case we should have acted much sooner

Maybe we did and it was CH stalling for time.  Or maybe it’s all just a smokescreen that the club are happy to go with and they have never intended to employ CH?

• Admin
10 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Why would Hughton go to Watford? Absolute basket case of a club when it comes to treating managers. He is far too experienced of a manager to need to take that chance. Don't believe it for a minute. 

££££££ What’s not to like, a decent payday, probably a huge bonus if you achieve target and a pay off if you get sacked, with no stain in your reputation as Watford are hatchet merchants with Managers........

15 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Why would Hughton go to Watford? Absolute basket case of a club when it comes to treating managers. He is far too experienced of a manager to need to take that chance. Don't believe it for a minute. 

I can see the appeal. Prem(ish) squad, if he gets them back up it keeps CH's stock high in the game and if gets sacked a couple of months into the Prem season then people will blame the club and excuse CH - plus he'll get his contract paid up!

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It's your nickname, Simon. I'm sure some of our London based reds could fill us in on some of your other nicknames! 

You get their information wrong on hughton and now you get information wrong on me there is a common theme here.

I think the one thing that stands out is how little anyone knows outside of the Club inner circle handling the appointment.   

It's bizarre the betting has been suspended given CH is supposedly just one of many under consideration.

A few media sources have shown how little information is really available. The false information that CH had been appointed came from some of the largest media organisations.

The Bristol post has tried to sound authoritative and 'in the know' by correctly dismissing the story that CH had been appointed, however, they appear to know very little beyond that.   They ran a story saying 8 candidates were being interviewed from a 'short-list.  Unfortunately, aside from CH, they can't specify a single candidate on that list.  I asked Gregor for a name or two from that 'definite' 8 in his lunchtime Q & A but he wasn't able to name one beyond CH.  Another person asked him who represented the foreign candidate interest the Post has referenced.  Again, he didn't know. 

The Steven Gerrard story was denied by City and the man himself and City even rang Rangers to confirm they had made no unofficial contact whatsoever.  The Bristol Post, however, ran countless stories on it.  They also represented it as fact rather than wild speculation. I suspect the way City operate is they throw a few red herrings out there and, just like the transfer business, keep things very much under wraps

It's fine if the media don't know but it's the pretending to have special insight with references to 'our sources' that's a bit tiresome.  I suppose an honest story headlined "Bristol City next Manger: We haven't got a clue" isn't very likely.

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Danny Murphy on talk sport talking about it this morning will be the source 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

The same Talksport that basically said we’d appointed him about a week ago!

Am I right in saying that their convo re Watford was all hypothetical and not suggesting any actual rumour?

Whereas they reported as news that Hughton had agreed terms with us. 

Archived