IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

17 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

yea but he said the shortlist of 3 was last week,

And we know hughton was interviewed on Friday, I wouldnt trust that tweet, and nihon doesn't have the best of track records with us,

We'll just have to wait and see

How do we “know” that? It’s a rumour, just like all the other rumours.

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Do you know... the more this goes on, the more I’d probably do an air punch if we appoint Paul Cook. 

Isn't there something a bit depressing about that?! 

Originally I wanted either Hughton or some exotic overseas master of gegenpress. Gerrard sounded risky but at least it was exciting.

But now...I feel like Alex Neil would be a huge relief. Ughh.

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Isn't there something a bit depressing about that?! 

Originally I wanted either Hughton or some exotic overseas master of gegenpress. Gerrard sounded risky but at least it was exciting.

But now...I feel like Alex Neil would be a huge relief. Ughh.

Neil warnock would be a relief now!!

26 minutes ago, HomerRed said:

North west is his patch I believe. 

Correct. He knows several agents and managers based in the NW (note - based in, not necessarily employed in) very well and there will be certain deals and moves that he will genuinely be very clued up on. Anything outside of that scope and he probably knows about as much as most of us on here.

That's not to say he doesn't get stuff right, but he shouldn't be treated as some sort of oracle.

36 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Do you know... the more this goes on, the more I’d probably do an air punch if we appoint Paul Cook. 

It was all a devious plan, sack the manager, pretend to struggle to recruit a replacement and then reappoint LJ on a lifetime contact.

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Correct. He knows several agents and managers based in the NW (note - based in, not necessarily employed in) very well and there will be certain deals and moves that he will genuinely be very clued up on. Anything outside of that scope and he probably knows about as much as most of us on here.

That's not to say he doesn't get stuff right, but he shouldn't be treated as some sort of oracle.

Probably why he blocked me for asking . If he puts names out on behalf of agents .

59 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I wanted to laugh and like the post. Take a robin instead. 

Paul Cook probably top of my list if you take out the “best/biggest” names like Hughton, Jokanovic and Gerrard. So yea if we go through all this time and don’t get one of the big names we could do worse than Cook

6 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

He was not the right person for the job at the time, nobody on here had one thought that he would be our next manager at the time that Cotterill was sacked. We had 2-3 weeks ( like now) of name after name being put forward, his name wasn  on the lips of any City fan. His record was underwhelming to say the least, Barnsley and Oldham fans laughed at us for employing him. 

SL wanted someone who looked up to him, and LJ turned out to be that person. It’s comical in some respects. 

I’m not knocking SL for what he has done for this club, but his own choice of managers are not something he has done very well. Even when LJ was clearly struggling he gave him a new 4 year contract, the mind boggles.

I'll get me coat

9 hours ago, DC10 said:

This isn’t meant as a negative post towards CH but can anyone enlighten me as to what makes him the ideal candidate?? 

Is it just his two promotions with Newcastle and Brighton? 

CH hasn’t got experience in doing this! He took a Newcastle side up that Kevin Keegan built, admittedly he got them playing the way they did that season but he didn’t build the team. Similarly he did the same with Brighton, a lot of the players that are still at the club playing in the Premier League were already at the club when he arrived, he did bring in Sidwell and Murray who were great for them but he also spent millions on players who barely played for Brighton and were let go a loss. 

He may be the answer to City’s prayers but I’m not fully convinced he’s the right man, although if he is announced as head coach I would loved to be proven wrong! 

Not just his two promotions - how about when CH took Norwich to an 11th place finish in the premier league in his first season at Carrow Road? And it’s very harsh to say Hughton took Newcastle United into the premier league with Keegan’s team. Firstly Hughton was first team coach for a while at Newcastle under Keegan before Keegan left Newcastle in September 2008. So he probably had more influence than you think.

But Hughton wasn’t appointed as Newcastle’s permanent manager until November 2009 (over a year after Keegan left) after being caretaker for the first few months of the 2009/10 season. Furthermore Hughton brought in eleven new players at the start of that season and Newcastle’s promotion was confirmed on 5 April 2010 (a record) and they were crowned champions of the championship in mid-April 2010 - it wasn’t Keegan’s team.

A new manager needs to be appointed in the next week or so, how ch hasnt been apointed yet baffles me, theres only 6 weeks or so till the new season, thats not alot of time to set up a project, at this rate next season will just be another wasted year transitioning players and systems.

3 minutes ago, Lez said:

@Kid in the Riot has said this was going to happen any day 2 weeks ago....all the forum go mad on delight. Turns out he was full of shit just another chancer.

Flattery will get you everywhere sir. 
And Kid is a very handsome chap too. 
Don’t blow your chances Lez, sorry, Simon. 

Archived