IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

Fading doesn't mean ended. 

It's obvious there are sticking points, as the talks wouldn't have been going on for this long if everything was a breeze. 

I doubt that sticking point is salary. More likely ongoing commitments on expenditure I'd have thought and maybe promotion-triggered contract issues.

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Post reporting that the telegraph story isn't true,

I'm not one to believe the post but in gmcg's credit he was spot on rubbishing the talksport story

Exactly - the fact that we HAVEN’T appointed Hughton, or indeed anyone, yet endorses what GMcG has been saying and suggests he is a more reliable source than any national media.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Exactly - the fact that we HAVEN’T appointed Hughton, or indeed anyone, yet endorses what GMcG has been saying and suggests he is a more reliable source than any national media.

He isnt the problem the post is but credit where credits due

4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I’m bored with it to be honest and pretty much gone past caring . Have to remind myself that I’m a Bristol City fan . Don’t get your hopes up . 

I love the roller coaster of emotions this football club never fails to deliver i love it pure theatre ???

Guys, guys guys...hold your horses. We're only at stage 5 (part C) of our rigorous recruitment process. 

Having done the application, interview, 2nd interview, role play, fox chicken grain puzzle group exercise and the general knowledge quiz, we're now moving on to PowerPoint skills and media training assessment.

We're still a long way off the Takeshi's Castle final round.

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Post reporting that the telegraph story isn't true,

I'm not one to believe the post but in gmcg's credit he was spot on rubbishing the talksport story

The Post gets a lot of criticism but Gregor only appears to tweet what he genuinely believes to be true. For example, he was went against the grain when there were national press outlets such as Talksport saying he'd agreed a deal. He went on to say that nothing was close which seemed a little odd at the time. He was the first to report on Paul Cook which has since been piggy backed but a lot of other journalists.

It's difficult to get information out of the club at the moment judging by the lack of rumours but he appears to be doing a decent job. 

16 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Daily Telegraph today : edit you need to be a subscriber or registered to read but here you go

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/07/29/bristol-city-fail-reach-agreement-chris-hughton-talks/

Bristol City fail to reach agreement in Chris Hughton talks

Hughton held talks over succeeding former manager Lee Johnson following his dismissal earlier this month

ByMike McGrath 29 July 2020 • 2:27pm

Bristol City’s hopes of landing Chris Hughton as manager have faded after failing to strike an agreement with the former Brighton boss. 

Hughton, 61, held talks over succeeding Lee Johnson following his dismissal earlier this month as Championship play-off hopes tumbled, but it is thought the club will look at other options after failing to make a breakthrough with discussions.

Paul Cook is expected to be in contention following his resignation at Wigan Athletic, where he only suffered relegation due to going into administration and suffering a 12-point penalty. 

Hughton is still expected to be in the running for jobs, one year on from his departure at the Amex Stadium where he kept Brighton in the Premier League for two consecutive seasons following automatic promotion from the Championship. He was also promoted with Newcastle before spells with Birmingham City and Norwich City.

Bristol City chief executive Mark Ashton has been biding his time over an appointment, with Dean Holden taking charge of the last five games of the season as caretaker and only suffering one defeat. 

Johnson, 39, had been in charge at Ashton Gate for four years and earned a reputation as a promising young manager after keeping the club in the Championship and finishing eighth in his final full season, four points off the play-off places. 

During his time at the club, young talent from Premier League clubs have been given chances on loan with players such as Tammy Abraham, Kasey Palmer and Ryan Kent getting short-term deals. 

Johnson was dismissed after a run of nine games without a win, including seven defeats, after looking contenders for a play-off place earlier in the campaign. They ended up finishing in 12th place, seven points off top six and a chance at fighting for promotion.  

Not you’re usual standard CodeRed ?

16 minutes ago, Wilksi said:

Gregor Mcgregor face is now reporting that the Telegraph story is NOT true or correct.

So the story that he was appointed last week wasn't true, and now the story stating that he isn't joining isn't true.

He's either got some cracking story/info lined up, or he has a lot of splinters in his backside from sitting on that fence...

1 minute ago, Coppello said:

The Post gets a lot of criticism but Gregor only appears to tweet what he genuinely believes to be true. For example, he was went against the grain when there were national press outlets such as Talksport saying he'd agreed a deal. He went on to say that nothing was close which seemed a little odd at the time. He was the first to report on Paul Cook which has since been piggy backed but a lot of other journalists.

It's difficult to get information out of the club at the moment judging by the lack of rumours but he appears to be doing a decent job. 

I believe Gregor MacGregor more than i do some posters on here . KITR and HARRY are good informative posters on here the rest na . GM gets a hard time but he’s been pretty much spot on 

3 minutes ago, Taz said:

So the story that he was appointed last week wasn't true, and now the story stating that he isn't joining isn't true.

He's either got some cracking story/info lined up, or he has a lot of splinters in his backside from sitting on that fence...

I think it's more the case that he's just telling the truth tbh, he hasn't committed one way or the other as seemingly the club havent either!

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

Guys, guys guys...hold your horses. We're only at stage 5 (part C) of our rigorous recruitment process. 

Having done the application, interview, 2nd interview, role play, fox chicken grain puzzle group exercise and the general knowledge quiz, we're now moving on to PowerPoint skills and media training assessment.

We're still a long way off the Takeshi's Castle final round.

Don't forget "Pin the tail on the Donkey" and "Pass the balloon between your legs"

32 minutes ago, Dingbat said:

The cynic in me wonders if the club leaked the Cook interview to gauge fan reaction, knowing that there will more than likely be a backlash when we fail to land Hughton. 

or to put pressure on Hughton into making his mind up...

4 minutes ago, M.D said:

or to put pressure on Hughton into making his mind up...

Quite possible, Hughton could have terms waiting in front of him waiting to see if Howe goes or Watford make a move etc and we leak details of other options to imply we're ready to move on to make him hurry up.

Archived