IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

1 hour ago, mozo said:

Guys, guys guys...hold your horses. We're only at stage 5 (part C) of our rigorous recruitment process. 

Having done the application, interview, 2nd interview, role play, fox chicken grain puzzle group exercise and the general knowledge quiz, we're now moving on to PowerPoint skills and media training assessment.

We're still a long way off the Takeshi's Castle final round.

Hope the last stage is like the Vortex ...

The Adventure Game | Childhood memories 70s, 1980s childhood, My ...

how quickly we all forget that BCFC's No1 choice was allegedly Steven Gerrard who, according to Steven Gerrard, was never contacted and dismissed it as "paper talk".

Perhaps BCFC continue to do their business confidentially and don't care to share that info with the media or social media forums?

Just out of interest does anybody know what % of  ITK stories ( proper exclusives) from either fans or journos come true?

To save you time, the answer is 17.65%.

17 minutes ago, S_C said:

Was thinking a week or so ago that Holden as, essentially, filler, on a 12 month ‘prove it’ type deal isn’t miles down my pecking order.

Don't get me wrong, after Gerrard/Hughton it would be hugely, hugely underwhelming but I genuinely believe, contrary to what his appointment would imply, the club are aiming high. If you can't come to terms with the targets you think take you to the next level - Gerrard, Hughton, let’s throw Jokanovic etc in there as well, do you give Ryan Lowe a 2/3 year deal, turn to Robins who you don’t really want, or let Holden carry on in the hope that when a better opportunity presents itself it is no longer needed.

So let's say Hughton, Gerrard, Jokanovic are out of the picture. What about the whole of the big wide world of coaches that don't work in the EFL?

We've had half a season where WE all felt LJ was on a dodgy wicket. Now a month to search the world for a coach. No way should we have to even contemplate a stop-gap unless MA and co have been totally negligent in having a succession plan. 

5 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

So let's say Hughton, Gerrard, Jokanovic are out of the picture. What about the whole of the big wide world of coaches that don't work in the EFL?

We've had half a season where WE all felt LJ was on a dodgy wicket. Now a month to search the world for a coach. No way should we have to even contemplate a stop-gap unless MA and co have been totally negligent in having a succession plan. 

Yep..

Appointing Holden would be nothing short of an admission of failure.

I've heard we're still trying to do a deal with Hughton. No less likely than it was a few days ago, apparently. 

Cook is likely third choice. He was going to leave Wigan anyway, the timing is not related to us or Brum. 

Make of that what you will...

My feeling is the club are pissing around at the moment with little clear direction or purpose. Concerning. 

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

I've heard we're still trying to do a deal with Hughton. No less likely than it was a few days ago, apparently. 

Cook is likely third choice. He was going to leave Wigan anyway, the timing is not related to us or Brum. 

My feeling is the club are pissing around at the moment with little clear direction or purpose. Concerning. 

Who’s second choice then? Holden?

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

How disheartening. I would rather they took another 2 months than give DH the job 

Don't get me wrong, I'm impressed that we are looking at managers like Chris Hughton and Paul Cook, it shows we're moving in the right direction, both great managers.

With that being said, I feel like we are kidding ourselves. I mean can we really, and I mean can we really, kid ourselves? I don't think either of them can possibly compare to saying yes like Dean Holden can!

1 hour ago, TomF said:

I'm actually writing up some IS0 27001 documents.  It's a toss up of what is worse.. the forum eating itself or the document. 

27k, S&M mags for security professionals.

You'll tell me that you are studying for CISSP next.

29 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Possibly in our eyes, but not from their point of view - bloke has done a reasonable job and worked hard for the last few years 

It's not relevant how hard he's worked as an assistant to a sacked manager- that's the very least to be expected - he's obviously not the right man for the job.

I'd have thought they'd have more important things to do right now than wasting everybody's time on such PC nonsense.

Time is of the essence, just get on with it City. :angry:

22 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I suspect he submitted a formal application and has been given an interview out of courtesy.

Would be very, very surprised if he really is in serious contention. 

No need to be courteous to that extent - just politely, but firmly, tell him, 'thanks for the application, but NO'.

10 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

It's not relevant how hard he's worked as an assistant to a sacked manager- that's the very least to be expected - he's obviously not the right man for the job.

I'd have thought they'd have more important things to do right now than wasting everybody's time on such PC nonsense.

Time is of the essence, just get on with it City. :angry:

No need to be courteous to that extent - just politely, but firmly, tell him, 'thanks for the application, but NO'.

Sorry, but thats ridiculous. It's not as if we're saying CH can you wait outside so we can interview our current Caretaker manager. Holden is likely to leave the club when the new manger comes in - what if he goes off and manages elsewhere and is very successful? What if we then want to employ him? It not as though everything else has to go on hold to interview Holden. Personally I'm glad we're a club who have enough class to do this kind of thing. 

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Can't imagine why.

Just a waste of time, surely?

You could give Holden an interview early doors out of courtesy. Get a bottle of red and out and have a chat about football. 

But you don't shortlist him in the final 3 or four. What happens if the preferred options all fall through?!

Archived