IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

4 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

For me it is as simple as this. 

A). Holden (as Assistant to LJ) is either partly responsible for the poor performance of the team this last season, or

B). He was stealing SL’s money by taking a salary and doing nothing. 

I don’t see a C) option. 

C) Given the hubris of LJ, he was only ever going to be putting cones out and collecting training bibs so to speak?

1 hour ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm impressed that we are looking at managers like Chris Hughton and Paul Cook, it shows we're moving in the right direction, both great managers.

With that being said, I feel like we are kidding ourselves. I mean can we really, and I mean can we really, kid ourselves? I don't think either of them can possibly compare to saying yes like Dean Holden can!

I always tried it on with best looking girls on a night out..........but never took one home 

32 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

For me it is as simple as this. 

A). Holden (as Assistant to LJ) is either partly responsible for the poor performance of the team this last season, or

B). He was stealing SL’s money by taking a salary and doing nothing. 

I don’t see a C) option. 

C the above?

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

My feeling is the club are pissing around at the moment with little clear direction or purpose. Concerning. 

I do wonder if this happens as a result of the way SL runs it in reality while JL and MA are doing the legwork.

They may have their own ideas on trying to do a deal but always have to go back to Steve. You can see how this would cause delay/paralysis in making decisions. 

39 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Sorry, but thats ridiculous. It's not as if we're saying CH can you wait outside so we can interview our current Caretaker manager. Holden is likely to leave the club when the new manger comes in - what if he goes off and manages elsewhere and is very successful? What if we then want to employ him? It not as though everything else has to go on hold to interview Holden. Personally I'm glad we're a club who have enough class to do this kind of thing. 

They've seen him about the club as the failed managers' failing assistant for ages.

You think it's 'classy' to consider him, I see it as a pathetic gesture and they're taking the piss out of the fans after leading us to believe there is no shortage of serious, experienced applicants.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I've heard we're still trying to do a deal with Hughton. No less likely than it was a few days ago, apparently. 

Cook is likely third choice. He was going to leave Wigan anyway, the timing is not related to us or Brum. 

Make of that what you will...

My feeling is the club are pissing around at the moment with little clear direction or purpose. Concerning. 

Encouraging that its not dead in the water with Hughton at least. I wonder what is holding things up, his demands possibly? 

On 28/07/2020 at 17:48, Red_Alligator said:

It seems clear that there are indeed a number of strong candidates under consideration. However, Mr Hughton remains the stand out choice for me. 

Fingers crossed.... The most qualified man for the Bristol City Job.... Will get the Job.... 

Hoping for Chris to be announced soon. 

I wish Cook all the best at Brum. 

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I've heard we're still trying to do a deal with Hughton. No less likely than it was a few days ago, apparently. 

Cook is likely third choice. He was going to leave Wigan anyway, the timing is not related to us or Brum. 

Make of that what you will...

I hope this is true as if DH gets appointed, it would be the most uninspiring appointment ever!

Cannot believe that Mark Ashton is on the verge of making such a huge mistake re. DH.

The club has the opportunity to re-unite everyone/thing by appointing CH - just hope they make the right decision!

Does anyone else feel the longer this goes on the less chance of getting CH?

I understand there is a waiting game to deal with applications and interviews but to be honest, CH was avaliable from day one and if the club really wanted him they would have had the deal done by now.

Pretty pissed off with it all (again) to be honest, wanted CH to lead us into 2020/21 but got a horrible feeling it aint going to happen.

5 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Does anyone else feel the longer this goes on the less chance of getting CH?

I understand there is a waiting game to deal with applications and interviews but to be honest, CH was avaliable from day one and if the club really wanted him they would have had the deal done by now.

Pretty pissed off with it all (again) to be honest, wanted CH to lead us into 2020/21 but got a horrible feeling it aint going to happen.

DBB, I think it would have been quicker to elect a New Pope. Still waiting to see the white smoke from the burger van down the Gate !!

It's become very frustrating. From day one C H made it it clear (SKY NEWS) that he was interested. He, in my opinion, was the right man to take over. The Gerrard fuss, was a distraction. Gerrard quoted in the Daily Mail that , neither he nor his agent had any contact from City.  As for DH, just gas supporting mischief from Post sport room.

Part of me is frustrated by the time it is taking for what would look to be an obvious (and easy?) appointment.

However, if CH is prepared to stick with BCFC while they conduct the worlds longest interview, I think you would have to say he clearly wants the job here.

I can believe that SL maybe sounded out Stevie G.   Perhaps he is the sort of person he personally would like to see as head coach.  Young, dynamic, closer to the players age than his own.

And I can understand it is only right to allow DH to apply and be interviewed.  Weren't Derby keen on him?

1 hour ago, fatchers said:

It's become very frustrating. From day one C H made it it clear (SKY NEWS) that he was interested. He, in my opinion, was the right man to take over. The Gerrard fuss, was a distraction. Gerrard quoted in the Daily Mail that , neither he nor his agent had any contact from City.  As for DH, just gas supporting mischief from Post sport room.

But we've been told he was our first choice, so someone is lying? Don't particularly trust the mail about anything!

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

But we've been told he was our first choice, so someone is lying? Don't particularly trust the mail about anything!

Not sure where that came from tbh ?

But I would take anything coming out of the Mail with complete disdain - unlike the Bristol Post who seem to be on the ball more than any media outlet.

I have no idea who the new manager will be but Alex Neil appears to be a good fit as would Gerrard have been. But they can't ignore Hughtons record and should tweak the structure to accommodate him imo - not sure if they'd do that though.

Can't be too far from an announcement.

Archived