IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Not sure where that came from tbh ?

But I would take anything coming out of the Mail with complete disdain - unlike the Bristol Post who seem to be on the ball more than any media outlet.

I have no idea who the new manager will be but Alex Neil appears to be a good fit as would Gerrard have been. But they can't ignore Hughtons record and should tweak the structure to accommodate him imo - not sure if they'd do that though.

Can't be too far from an announcement.

1 hour ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Told by whom?

21 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

First choice was the DJ-punching scouser 

On 29/07/2020 at 21:42, Saunders87 said:

No they want me to pay a fee the robbing bar stewards. But

...but i suppose they need to make a bit of money so they can pay the staff??

21 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

How disheartening. I would rather they took another 2 months than give DH the job 

That's a terrible idea.. Dean will have us top of the league as caretaker whereupon the board will tell him he's got the job. You gotta think these things through proper job Red.?

8 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Does anyone else feel the longer this goes on the less chance of getting CH?

I understand there is a waiting game to deal with applications and interviews but to be honest, CH was avaliable from day one and if the club really wanted him they would have had the deal done by now.

Pretty pissed off with it all (again) to be honest, wanted CH to lead us into 2020/21 but got a horrible feeling it aint going to happen.

Well according to the press, Vladimir Icic is going to Watford, Aitor Karanka is going to Birmingham so the only decent job left for CH is ours 

3 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Well according to the press, Vladimir Icic is going to Watford, Aitor Karanka is going to Birmingham so the only decent job left for CH is ours 

Yeah, still a question mark over Howe but if he's got £40m coming in for Ake and a few other assets likely to bring a few quid in, he might fancy the rebuild project/budget at Bournemouth. 

24 minutes ago, mozo said:

Yeah, still a question mark over Howe but if he's got £40m coming in for Ake and a few other assets likely to bring a few quid in, he might fancy the rebuild project/budget at Bournemouth. 

apparently they still owe over 80 million outstanding transfer fees,

If true he won't see a penny of it 

2 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

Depends how long he’s prepared to wait.... the Watford job will probably be available again in September! 

• The title was changed to Chris Hughton
46 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It came from @Kid in the Riot - he posted earlier on this thread that our first choice was “the DJ punching scouser”

I may be losing the plot but I was talking about Hughton being our number one target and where did that assertion come from.

6 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I may be losing the plot but I was talking about Hughton being our number one target and where did that assertion come from.

Ohhh..... soz, uhh nowhere, as far as I know. It was once reported that we were his preferred option vs Brum.

13 hours ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

Overheard phone conversation, MA to CH...

”Look, I’m glad you want the job Chris but you have to take Dean and Jamie as your assistants. We’re not going to budge on that. You have another three weeks to decide or you’re out”

I think the retaining of Holden & McAllister will be an imposition on the new Head Coach that someone like Rowe or Robins would accept but Hughton, Neil or any decent manager would not.

Coppell had to accept good old Keefy Millen on top of SL making the vanity signing of David James. Coppell's success at Reading was in no small part due to Wally Downes on the training ground and Nicky Hammond on player contracts / recruitment.

For me - Hughton is the man that we will announce. Breaking it down, Neil and Cook both come with compensation clauses, and both will expect a relatively high salaries alongside it, Neil an experienced manager in the championship with promotions on his CV from the division, and Cook is in demand so is in a great position to negotiate. Holden although thought highly of by some of the board, will be a risk that the club can not afford to make in this current time. 

10 hours ago, headhunter said:

I think the retaining of Holden & McAllister will be an imposition on the new Head Coach that someone like Rowe or Robins would accept but Hughton, Neil or any decent manager would not.

Coppell had to accept good old Keefy Millen on top of SL making the vanity signing of David James. Coppell's success at Reading was in no small part due to Wally Downes on the training ground and Nicky Hammond on player contracts / recruitment.

Yep.... the fact that Ashton Gate seemingly don’t understand the value of a ‘team’ that gels and delivers probably behind their desire to shoehorn the new coach into the existing set up.

Anyhows, massive risk that Holden and Jamie will soon be gone to rejoin Lee when he gets his new Premier League Manager appointment.

Just now, bcfc01 said:

You've been pretty adamant that he's coming here since it was first mooted.

Hope you are right...

Thanks 01. I don't know any more than anyone else on here. However, this is a golden opportunity to show real ambition and intent in a managerial appointment. I trust the board will not let this one pass us by. 

21 minutes ago, mozo said:

The club's Twitter account is still being pestered on an hourly basis to announce Hughton as it has been for a month now!

It's changed from 'Announce Hughton' to 'Announce a manager' now though, everyone just desperate for someone/something!

Now let me get this straight. Hughton is the fans' (and my) first choice, but the club's second choice. Cook is the second first choice and Neill is the bookies' choice. Holden is the housewives choice and Robbie Fowler is the choice of people with more money than sense and a vivid imagination. 

Do we have any other choice?

Just asking for a friend.

5 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Now let me get this straight. Hughton is the fans' (and my) first choice, but the club's second choice. Cook is the second first choice and Neill is the bookies' choice. Holden is the housewives choice and Robbie Fowler is the choice of people with more money than sense and a vivid imagination. 

Hobson ?

1 hour ago, Curr Avon said:

Junior's?

2 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

He’s odds are shortening 

Archived