IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

Who are Radio Verulam and why should we pay any attention to them?

2 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Now let me get this straight. Hughton is the fans' (and my) first choice, but the club's second choice. Cook is the second first choice and Neill is the bookies' choice. Holden is the housewives choice and Robbie Fowler is the choice of people with more money than sense and a vivid imagination. 

Do we have any other choice?

Just asking for a friend.

Sophie's?

Good luck Matty.

Whether he was good enough is up for debate, but as mentioned in the OP he didn’t get a huge number of opportunities. An intelligent player who always put in a shift and seemed like a good character too. All the best to him. 

Edit - oops, wrong thread, mods please can you move to the Matty Taylor thread????

1 minute ago, Offside said:

Good luck Matty.

Whether he was good enough is up for debate, but as mentioned in the OP he didn’t get a huge number of opportunities. An intelligent player who always put in a shift and seemed like a good character too. All the best to him. 

Hang on. Are we talking about Chris Hughton, Bob Houghton or Matty Taylor on this thread?

I’m just clinging to the fact he would’ve had to agreed to appear at that kick off at 3 charity thing on Sunday, and has said to them he’s taken the job or something. Much more likely that they’ve just assumed that talksport/fake tweet was real 

Just spoken to Andy Cole (yes, that Andy Cole!!) at my local golf club (incidentally he plays golf left handed and hit a cracking shot off the first tee!!) I spoke to him about City - his first comment was “you’re looking for a new manager” He said that Watford were really interested as well but that if CH came to us he would definitely get us promoted- he said he’s a great manager and one of the nicest men you could meet.

8 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I’m just clinging to the fact he would’ve had to agreed to appear at that kick off at 3 charity thing on Sunday, and has said to them he’s taken the job or something. Much more likely that they’ve just assumed that talksport/fake tweet was real 

Funny how more than one random tweet has made a mistake. 
it probably is a mistake... or...

Signed and sealed ready to be announced on 1 August. Clutching at straws....

Gotta wonder if August 1st / a new month has some sort of contractual impact even from a past employer.

I also agree if it were an accident surely if it’s a novice googling him they would just use his wikipedia or something of previous clubs 

4 hours ago, Saunders87 said:

For me - Hughton is the man that we will announce. Breaking it down, Neil and Cook both come with compensation clauses, and both will expect a relatively high salaries alongside it, Neil an experienced manager in the championship with promotions on his CV from the division, and Cook is in demand so is in a great position to negotiate. Holden although thought highly of by some of the board, will be a risk that the club can not afford to make in this current time. 

Neil has only got one promotion on his CV from this division, Hughton has a much better track record and won’t come cheap. But I hope Hughton will be our next Manager ...

1 minute ago, Nugget said:

Gotta wonder if August 1st / a new month has some sort of contractual impact even from a past employer.

In terms of pay off from Brighton you'd assume his contract would've ran to end of June, so he'd be into what would have been the last year of his contract at Brighton now

3 minutes ago, Sturny said:

The fact we had Gerrard as our first choice does seem rather ambitious, some might disagree but he would for sure raise our profile. That does feel me with more confidence that we're somewhat aiming high.

Feel you with more confidence? surely that's you wife/ girlfriends job!!

54 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

They are interviewing Chris this afternoon fella 

Would fit with Gregor's 7-10 day timeframe he put out a week ago, more than likely to announce on a Monday even if whoever it is was all agreed today, weekend for the new guy to sort out arrangements etc, start watching videos etc before getting announced.

32 minutes ago, petehinton said:

The original tweet says @ex-spurs instead of @ Bristol City. 

this is starting to feel like the Eddie Nketiah thread. Hope it doesn’t end the same way. 

56 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Been told exactly the same thing from a former player, also told me city have moved the goalposts a couple of times on the deal, no idea if it’s true but don’t see why he would bullshit me .

Any chance that former player is you though Psycho? Just checking. 

18 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

this is starting to feel like the Eddie Nketiah thread. Hope it doesn’t end the same way. 

It definitely didn't, it said Bristol City, then taken down and replace with Ex Spurs... Unless I missed another previously deleted tweet? 

27 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Feels more like Meteb x Coppell if Hughton is shooting his mouth off to Radio Verulam without Lisa Knights’ say so. Unprofessional if that is what has happened and doesn’t bode well. 

Archived