IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

8 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Feels more like Meteb x Coppell if Hughton is shooting his mouth off to Radio Verulam without Lisa Knights’ say so. Unprofessional if that is what has happened and doesn’t bode well. 

That’s a wild leap !

10 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Don’t take the piss mate, I work with the man every now and then 

I don’t doubt what you’re saying at all to be honest.

It would make sense as to why it’s taking longer than expected. I believe Hughton is our number one target and we will get him in, eventually.

I think it’s just a case of going over the deal, discussing coaching staff, targets for the club next season etc. 

Doesn’t surprise me if City are changing the goalposts with the deal but not too much to scare CH away...

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

It would make sense as to why it’s taking longer than expected. I believe Hughton is our number one target and we will get him in, eventually.

I think it’s just a case of going over the deal, discussing coaching staff, targets for the club next season etc. 

Doesn’t surprise me if City are changing the goalposts with the deal but not too much to scare CH away...

I think it would be more to accommodate Hughton rather than the other way round.

Makes perfect sense - the club would have to change a bit of the structure to get him in I suspect. Things like the transfer process, player sign offs, back room staff, etc. 

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I think it would be more to accommodate Hughton rather than the other way round.

Makes perfect sense - the club would have to change a bit of the structure to get him in I suspect. Things like the transfer process, player sign offs, back room staff, etc. 

Exactly. I actually think it’s a good sign that all this has gone very quiet...

5 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Now let me get this straight. Hughton is the fans' (and my) first choice, but the club's second choice. Cook is the second first choice and Neill is the bookies' choice. Holden is the housewives choice and Robbie Fowler is the choice of people with more money than sense and a vivid imagination. 

Do we have any other choice?

Just asking for a friend.

Thanks for the choice words

51 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

48 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Would think budget, not CH’s wages per se, but overall playing budget might have actually put CH off....and now having interviewed a couple of others, they need to think about whether there needs to be some compromise with CH.  almost like CH was interviewing them, if that makes sense.

2 hours ago, glen humphries said:

Been told exactly the same thing from a former player, also told me city have moved the goalposts a couple of times on the deal, no idea if it’s true but don’t see why he would bullshit me .

LJ wanted the goal post moved so we would have some shots on target. 

I reckon we've strung this out so CH can take the Watford job, get sacked, pick up a bundle of compo and then be appointed here, and all before the start of pre-season.

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Would think budget, not CH’s wages per se, but overall playing budget might have actually put CH off....and now having interviewed a couple of others, they need to think about whether there needs to be some compromise with CH.  almost like CH was interviewing them, if that makes sense.

If the playing budget is a major issue then we have no chance of getting him with Watford coming down with their parachute monies and him living round the corner from them despite them being a basket case re managers.

I think the level of control may be a primary sticking point with us where the club would need to make compromises. Playing budget may be a secondary issue. 

Who knows, all supposition and guess work.

45 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Interviews work 2 ways

Archived