IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

6 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Now let me get this straight. Hughton is the fans' (and my) first choice, but the club's second choice. Cook is the second first choice and Neill is the bookies' choice. Holden is the housewives choice and Robbie Fowler is the choice of people with more money than sense and a vivid imagination. 

Do we have any other choice?

Just asking for a friend.

Thank God there isn't a bloke called Hobson applying otherwise it will be Hobson's choice.

8 minutes ago, Swede said:

Thank God there isn't a bloke called Hobson applying otherwise it will be Hobson's choice.

You're thinking of the Palace manager, Roy Hobson. He had his chance in 82, albeit with bugger all cash and a team of kids fighting and failing to stop relegation. Stick with me Swede. I know all the greats. Tom Cheesley, Paul Ritchie, Gill Merrick, Aaron Dicks. You never forget.

44 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I reckon we've strung this out so CH can take the Watford job, get sacked, pick up a bundle of compo and then be appointed here, and all before the start of pre-season.

I reckon we have messed him about for that long in the hope he will go somewhere so the spineless board can say well we wanted to sign  him but he went somewhere be else. We needed him more than he needed us.

19 minutes ago, xerox6060 said:

I'm speculating... perhaps the drawbacks are the cost of appointing Hughton (and his team) and also that SL really wants a long term appointment and maybe does not see Hughton as in the mould ..

If they’ve kept CH hanging around since the day after LJ was sacked he may well have a bit of mould on his suit. Warm weather, bit of rain, trying to shelter back of the Lansdown.

CH done and dusted ages ago, players already knew before their break, just can’t be announced til after July, but he’s been busy behind the scenes signing loads of players & it’ll be announced with the kit

the above is not true as far as I know, but the way this past few weeks have been something fishy is going on ?

1 hour ago, Loosey Boy said:

Gonna be CH - he’s been the big mover today; almost as if City have been negotiating with him and have now come to an agreement ????

Like several different people over the course of the last week each day ?

1 hour ago, Nugget said:

CH done and dusted ages ago, players already knew before their break, just can’t be announced til after July, but he’s been busy behind the scenes signing loads of players & it’ll be announced with the kit

the above is not true as far as I know, but the way this past few weeks have been something fishy is going on ?

Should be announced with Houghton WEARING the kit 

Surely the sensible solution would be , narrow down to let’s say 5 or 6 

place a poll on line and ask for fans options / choice , then in 2-3 , 6 months time if all is not going to plan and section 82 is calling for the managers head at least the board can say , you had a choice , let’s give him time ? 

23 minutes ago, Robins 82 said:

Surely the sensible solution would be , narrow down to let’s say 5 or 6 

place a poll on line and ask for fans options / choice , then in 2-3 , 6 months time if all is not going to plan and section 82 is calling for the managers head at least the board can say , you had a choice , let’s give him time ? 

And get Gasheads interfering with it like the Russians?

I don't think so.

Archived