IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

11 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Yes, I should've left it at that, like poet John Hegley  (of Lu-ton. And Bristol).

How about EJ Thribb:

In Memoriam - Chris Hughton.

So. Farewell

Then  

Chris Hughton.

The greatest manager

City

Never had.

(Apart from Moyesie.)

(And Joe Royle.)

We'll keep the red flag

Flying high without you,

Comrade.

But now your goose is Paul Cooked.

9 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Erudite. Isn’t that a type of glue?

2 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

No, I think Erudite was an ancient Greek goddess who was particularly keen on a bit of hanky panky.

Erudités are traditional French appetizers consisting of sliced or whole raw vegetables which are typically dipped in a vinaigrette or other dipping Source.

28 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Say its an initial 3 year contract, the rumour is Hughton wanted ~20k a week, lets say Neil would start on similar to what LJ was on when he left. The difference is almost £500,000 per year in salary, so £3m release clause is effectively £1.5m more if you count the difference in wages paid. Next backroom staff, Neil knows Holden, has no real assistant to bring with him (according to PNE website he operates with 1st team coaches rather than assistant) whereas Hughton could want to bring his whole backroom staff at additional cost and could eat a fair chunk out of that £1.5m left, if he brings 1 person over you'd guess they'd be on half what Hughton is on so potentially another £500,000 out for Lawrence if he joined so £1m left. 

So the question is would Chris Hughton spend more than £1m more than Alex Neil as manager? I'd guess yes, so in reality Hughton isn't more affordable than Neil even with the release clause 

Neil takes Frankie McAvoy with him everywhere he goes.

Also lead to believe Neil is on around 20k a week at PNE, significantly more than any of our players. He wouldn't come cheap in that sense.

I think where Hughton would be more expensive is the backing he requires in the transfer market. Neil would obviously want greater backing than he has had at PNE but Hughton has always required top quality signings across the board at great expense to win promotion. Neil is quite good at inheriting squads, making a couple tweaks and building from there.

2 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Neil takes Frankie McAvoy with him everywhere he goes.

Also lead to believe Neil is on around 20k a week at PNE, significantly more than any of our players. He wouldn't come cheap in that sense.

I think where Hughton would be more expensive is the backing he requires in the transfer market. Neil would obviously want greater backing than he has had at PNE but Hughton has always required top quality signings across the board at great expense to win promotion. Neil is quite good at inheriting squads, making a couple tweaks and building from there.

Fair enough, even so I agree I think Hughton's demands in the market would involve bigger fees and bigger wages, so over 3 years I expect Hughton would still spend more than the release clause for Neil

1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

City are red

Rovers are blue

Sign someone soon

Or we’re right in the poo

there - that’s my literary contribution!!!

End of year report:

Tries hard, but room for improvement 

22 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Fair enough, even so I agree I think Hughton's demands in the market would involve bigger fees and bigger wages, so over 3 years I expect Hughton would still spend more than the release clause for Neil

He usually takes his recruitment/head scout guy Joe Savage with him too. Don't know where he would fit in in your structure.

He's basically pointless here because we never pay to sign our first choices.

He usually takes his recruitment/head scout guy Joe Savage with him too. Don't know where he would fit in in your structure.

According to some on here that's a role that needs filling. 

He wouldn’t. Our narcissistic CEO won’t have one of those. 

1 hour ago, Roger Red Hat said:

No, I think Erudite was an ancient Greek goddess who was particularly keen on a bit of hanky panky.

No, that was Anthracite.

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

Definitely right it doesn't mean much considering they're still offering odds for 2 managers, Karanka and Harry Kewell, who have both landed other jobs this week.

Cotts looks interesting at 80/1.

Nick, it would be far easier if we just went back in time to May 2015 and persuade Steve L to buy Andre Gray and Harry Maguire, and properly back the team that Cotts got promoted from League One. While you're doing that I'll pop over to China and tell the Wujan Clan that eating bats is a bad idea. Back to the future and we'll be a Premier League stalwart and Cotts will have been awarded the freedom of Bristol. Definitely, a dry Natchthorn day.

3 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Jon Lansdown awake on twitter. Perhaps a 5pm announcement?! 

I think they’d drag it out until 8 or 9. If it’s tonight, they’ll tweet mundane things on the hour from the official account to create a bit of tension. Release a teaser at 8.45 or 8.50 before a big video reveal on the hour. JL will also continue to tweet cryptically over the next few hours if something is afoot so that’s something to look out for.

Same playbook as Kalas/Palmer last summer. It’s likely the media, probably Durden or maybe O’Rouke, will tweet before it’s ‘officially’ announced.

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Something is going on. The reassuring thing is Lansdown wouldn’t bother teasing the fans if it was Holden. My guess is probably Hughton, announced tonight or tomorrow.

Could well be Cook given his resignation.

5F14C639-4441-4DD8-AC93-4C8DD16D00D7.jpeg

8838E924-DFA4-4B58-AFCF-0F1B537F490A.jpeg

9A1B44F4-13C8-4A83-9233-CB1506E7B200.jpeg

My hopelessly optimistic take is that Lansdown will know pretty much everyone wants Hughton and he wouldn’t be engaging in this sort of tease if it was anyone else.

Why does this mean something is happening? It's not his photo and he seems to just be correcting the person who posted it.

I get it's sudden banter that you'd hope he wouldn't engage in unless something is imminent, but I'd still put nothing past him.

With that said, while I want Cook, if something is happening it can't be up on the roof now, so recorded before Cook resigned.

Archived