IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

23 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Nick, it would be far easier if we just went back in time to May 2015 and persuade Steve L to buy Andre Gray and Harry Maguire, and properly back the team that Cotts got promoted from League One. While you're doing that I'll pop over to China and tell the Wujan Clan that eating bats is a bad idea. Back to the future and we'll be a Premier League stalwart and Cotts will have been awarded the freedom of Bristol. Definitely, a dry Natchthorn day.

We had time bids accepted the players didn't want to come here, as for maguire we had everything agreed and then our dog at the time thought he could get a better deal and it fell through

12 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yep my thoughts too, hence why I posted here and not the Paul Cook thread! 

I dont mind ether cook hughton and adkins all good managers one standout one decent and one up and coming,

Hughton

Cook

Adkins

Me

Lez

Holden

In that order

6 minutes ago, Olé said:

Why does this mean something is happening? It's not his photo and he seems to just be correcting the person who posted it.

I get it's sudden banter that you'd hope he wouldn't engage in unless something is imminent, but I'd still put nothing past him.

With that said, while I want Cook, if something is happening it can't be up on the roof now, so recorded before Cook resigned.

I’m pretty certain something is going on, it’s exactly what I’d expect Jon Lansdown to do if something was imminent.

4 minutes ago, Redpool said:

With Cook resignation confirmed today. JL and BT now "on to something". I'll put two and two together and guess Cook is incoming as HC/Manager. 

But it can't be on the roof today because the Sports Bar is open for the FA Cup so someone would have seen it and tweeted about it by now.

Which means it was done before today and can't be Cook - probably Hughton. Perhaps the balance of his Brighton contract expired July 31st.

Just now, Olé said:

But it can't be on the roof today because the Sports Bar is open for the FA Cup so someone would have seen it and tweeted about it by now.

Which means it was done before today and can't be Cook - probably Hughton. Perhaps the balance of his Brighton contract expired July 31st.

Unless it hasn't been done on the roof etc due to these circumstances of Cook's confirmed resignation today. If it was Hughton perhaps it was done earlier this morning or yesterday afternoon at AG.

I'm going to stop myself now with further speculation because I'm sure I am getting my hopes up waiting for an announcement today. When it's more realistic we will get nothing.

1 minute ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Is Cook a big enough name to get the eyes from Tinnion and a cheeky comment from Lansdown?

They know most fans are keen for Hughton.

they also like trolling the fans and have done in the past

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

they also like trolling the fans and have done in the past

They wouldn’t bother with something like this, not worth the backlash. I’m pretty certain something will happen tonight now Tinnion has joined in. Likely Hughton or less likely someone from left field of huge profile.

40 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Something is going on. The reassuring thing is Lansdown wouldn’t bother teasing the fans if it was Holden. My guess is probably Hughton, announced tonight or tomorrow.

Could well be Cook given his resignation.

5F14C639-4441-4DD8-AC93-4C8DD16D00D7.jpeg

8838E924-DFA4-4B58-AFCF-0F1B537F490A.jpeg

9A1B44F4-13C8-4A83-9233-CB1506E7B200.jpeg

The most interesting thing about that is that Jon’s scribbled arrow on his edited photo is very reminiscent of his training gear design from a couple of years ago. ?

My head wants to link it to the previous ‘Done Deal’ press speculation (no smoke without fire), the fact that it is Aug 1st (previous contract compo) & that radio story yesterday where it mentioned Bristol City’s Chris Hughton is live at 3pm on Sunday.....

2 minutes ago, Cardy said:

My head wants to link it to that Radio story yesterday where it mentioned Bristol City’s Chris Hughton is live at 3pm on Sunday.....

The only link I could make there would be "would CH book himself to be at an event if he was in the middle of negotiations?" But then would they even be negotiating on a Sunday? ? Not sure there's much we can learn from that one

2 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

The only link I could make there would be "would CH book himself to be at an event if he was in the middle of negotiations?" But then would they even be negotiating on a Sunday? ? Not sure there's much we can learn from that one

My instinct is the deal was done some time ago (when the press reported it) and this now has more to do with today’s date.

5 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

Just realised I've had it in my calendar wrong all year ?

***** sake :laugh:

Also a public holiday in Canada on Monday, probably easier to make it to Scotland though. Maybe your location is wrong, and your calendar is correct?

1 minute ago, Cardy said:

My instinct is the deal was done some time ago (when the press reported it) and this now has more to do with today’s date.

Possibly.

@Olé Mentioned that his contract may have wound down on the 31st so couldn't announce before then as it may have jeopardised his payment from Brighton which is a good point.

Then again, the timing of Cooks departure from Wigan fits in...

One of the two - which isn't a bad outcome.

4 minutes ago, Cardy said:

Just checked, hughton signed a 4 year contract in 2016, and contracts usually run until july as far as i know? In which case his contract expired yesterday.

Archived