IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

1 minute ago, Seneca the Younger said:

I think it's going to be Paul Cook, bit gutted to be honest.

I’ll be happy with either.

But I think it’s Hughton. It’s gone all very quiet and nothing has been set in stone that we haven’t agreed a deal.

Also I don’t think our board will see Cook as a man that will suit the ‘brand’.  Because no doubt that’s just as important to them!

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Lots of chatter on various sites that it’s Cook announced today. Any reason for this sudden influx?

Where? I've not found anything other than someone on the Cook thread saying 'So, Cook it is then.' 

Edit - Just seen your first reply. Any links?

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Here, twitter and Facebook. What’s a bit odd is there’s still no firm evidence that it’s happening and no journalists have said anything.. so I’m wondering why it’s suddenly come about.

You don’t mean that City till I die page?

I really wouldn’t take notice of that. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Lots of chatter on various sites that it’s Cook announced today. Any reason for this sudden influx?

Now out of work, it's a Monday (maybe better chance of announcing something today rather than a weekend), Lansdown and Tinnion posting cryptic tweets on Saturday, people want to expect something, 2+2+2+2=8

Nobody knows anything. I think the past 4 weeks prove that the club are now very good at keeping things under wraps. 

Nobody (generally) has a clue.

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think it’s probably people just guessing and trying to pre-empt it in case they’re disappointed.

Just to even it up with Red Alligators claims it will be Hughton today.

To be honest I just hope someone is announced today, either way now. Would still be a bit let down if it were Cook though.

12 minutes ago, Taz said:

Lansdown and Tinnion posting cryptic tweets on Saturday,

Tinnion told me that he thinks it's going to be Hughton but told me to tell absolutely nobody. I'm really sorry that I've split Tinns.

[Of course, Tinns said nothing to me; I don't even know the great man however the bread pun wouldn't work otherwise]

27 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I’ll be happy with either.

But I think it’s Hughton. It’s gone all very quiet and nothing has been set in stone that we haven’t agreed a deal.

Also I don’t think our board will see Cook as a man that will suit the ‘brand’.  Because no doubt that’s just as important to them!

Let’s hope so.

6 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Talk sport saying that Chris would be the idea man to get Bournemouth back up to the Premiership. We should have signed him up months ago. 

Not always up to us though is it? Perhaps, despite what the press were saying, he didn’t want to come here. Or his demands on what he could control and perhaps what he wanted to be paid were too much

Just now, JBFC II said:

Not always up to us though is it? Perhaps, despite what the press were saying, he didn’t want to come here. Or his demands on what he could control and perhaps what he wanted to be paid were too much

Or perhaps he's already signed and its just waiting to be announced. Maybe I'm just being hopeful but the truth is no-one has a clue what has gone/ is going on. Fingers crossed we find out today.

If it isn’t to be Hughton then the club’s media management needs serious looking at. It is clear the majority want Hughton, if they have known for a while it wasn’t going to be him they should have been gently managing expectations. 

IF it isn’t Hughton, there will be many disappointed fans who should have been let down more gently. 

1 minute ago, citywest30 said:

Or perhaps he's already signed and its just waiting to be announced. Maybe I'm just being hopeful but the truth is no-one has a clue what has gone/ is going on. Fingers crossed we find out today.

Exactly nobody except those in control of the situation has a clue. Doesn’t mean some on here can’t use the lack of news for a bit of club/chairman/owner bashing though!

12 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Talk sport saying that Chris would be the idea man to get Bournemouth back up to the Premiership. We should have signed him up months ago. 

Trouble is with that, they announced that he had agreed to take over us about 2 weeks ago? Last week they said he would be the ideal man to take Watford back up. This week it's Bournemouth, maybe give Norwich a try again next week?

2 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

If it isn’t to be Hughton then the club’s media management needs serious looking at. It is clear the majority want Hughton, if they have known for a while it wasn’t going to be him they should have been gently managing expectations. 

IF it isn’t Hughton, there will be many disappointed fans who should have been let down more gently. 

I wouldn't be disappointed if it wasn't Hughton.

He's one of several very good candidates imo. so it just depends who they announce instead.

Archived