IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

7 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

If it isn’t to be Hughton then the club’s media management needs serious looking at. It is clear the majority want Hughton, if they have known for a while it wasn’t going to be him they should have been gently managing expectations. 

IF it isn’t Hughton, there will be many disappointed fans who should have been let down more gently. 

Absolutely Correct Post here. The talk around most City supporters OTIB or not has been about the new manager with most favouring Hughton. If it isn't him then the club should have made it very very clear that he wasn't in the running. It's like a little kid expecting Father Xmas leaving a brand new shiny red tricycle and waking up Xmas morning to a secondhand set of roller skates !!!

11 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

If it isn’t to be Hughton then the club’s media management needs serious looking at. It is clear the majority want Hughton, if they have known for a while it wasn’t going to be him they should have been gently managing expectations. 

IF it isn’t Hughton, there will be many disappointed fans who should have been let down more gently. 

Spot on. The way the club have handled this is beyond strange IMO.

Just now, oldstandrobin said:

Absolutely Correct Post here. The talk around most City supporters OTIB or not has been about the new manager with most favouring Hughton. If it isn't him then the club should have made it very very clear that he wasn't in the running. It's like a little kid expecting Father Xmas leaving a brand new shiny red tricycle and waking up Xmas morning to a secondhand set of roller skates !!!

Yes. My view is only 3 possibilities

1). It is Hughton so no action required

2). They dont yet know who it will be in which case WTF, it has been a month

3) They know who it is, it isn’t Hughton, in which case expectations should be being managed now

4 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Personally, I think they have been subtly managing our expectations in a downward trajectory for a while.

With the absolute silence from the club and the long delay in making the announcement, I think they’ve now got us to a point where many fans would just be relieved if ANYONE is announced.  

I think a disappointing appointment will get less flack now, than it would have earlier in this process ...... initially anyway.

28 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Talk sport saying that Chris would be the idea man to get Bournemouth back up to the Premiership. We should have signed him up months ago. 

Would take no notice of TalkSPORT , they’ll look at a premier league club relegated so 2+2=. 
Until Ali Durden starts tweeting about an announcement or puts his name to a manager then all other views are ill relevant as far as I’m concerned 

11 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

If it isn't Hughton and is the impressive Cook, who worked wonders at Wigan, with what he had (didn't have) having done done a decent job at Pompey..... 

Maybe (some) people should stop acting like spoilt, entitled brats..! 

I don't think the club have any responsibility to "manage expectations" having never said anything to create those expectations. 

If people want to get themselves all excited because of what they read on social media, then it's probably best they get a harsh reality check and give their heads a wobble. 

I think it's unfair to expect the club to mange what they haven't created, because people are to stupid to question reports themselves. 

Having said that, it could be Hughton. In which case, should the club be coming out and managing expectations of the good number of people who are hoping that its Cook..? 

Or are they the more intelligent ones, who don't just want a man appointed because they know his name better...?! 

1 minute ago, Southport Red said:

Yes. My view is only 3 possibilities

1). It is Hughton so no action required

2). They dont yet know who it will be in which case WTF, it has been a month

3) They know who it is, it isn’t Hughton, in which case expectations should be being managed now

I think some people might disagree that the club should manage expectations, but the club has been hounded on Twitter to appoint Hughton for a month now and if he wasn't in the frame you'd expect the club would leak to the Post that he's out the running, just to avoid a negative reaction further down the line.

The fact that the club has not ruled out Hughton (or anyone) coupled with Gregor's assertion that a/ Hughton still in the mix, and b/ process is ongoing, would suggest that the club, for some reason, are either dragging it out or struggling to tie it up.

31 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Talk sport saying that Chris would be the idea man to get Bournemouth back up to the Premiership. We should have signed him up months ago. 

That after they said he’s agreed to join us nearly two weeks ago, and then touted him for Watford. They really are clueless. 

8 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Exactly, it would just need a little word to Gregor that he isn’t our main man and it’s job done.  

That’s the only thing I’m hanging onto now, as surely the club couldn’t mismanage fans hopes that badly could they?

10 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Maybe the kids should understand that in the current climate, a (very nice) pair of second hand roller skates, that could very well get them to all the places that they want to go, were always far more likely than the shiny new mountain bike, which could just as well have a faulty chain, maybe..! 

Or, would it be even more reckless of the parents to splash out on said shiny new bike, but not be able to afford a helmet, so they could actually enjoy riding it...?! 

40 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Just because opinion is such, doesn't automatically mean Hughton would get us promoted. There is no guarantee that he'll do a great job here with this squad/level of funds available under the current climate and our set up (management structure wise). He might bomb and someone else could be a better fit for City. 

Let's just wait and see.

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Maybe the kids should understand that in the current climate, a (very nice) pair of second hand roller skates, that could very well get them to all the places that they want to go, were always far more likely than the shiny new mountain bike, which could just as well have a faulty chain, maybe..! 

Or, would it be even more reckless of the parents to splash out on said shiny new bike, but not be able to afford a helmet, so they could actually enjoy riding it...?! 

Maybe the parents could have hinted to the children that Santa couldn’t manage a bike this year then ?

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

I think he may well struggle to get us promoted. The championship is better now than ever before. 

This job for Hughton will be much harder than Brighton or Newcastle jobs.

He's actually quite far down my list. I think there's other managers who suit us better than Hughton.

Really? We didn't know that. ?

2 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Exactly, it would just need a little word to Gregor that he isn’t our main man and it’s job done.  

That’s the only thing I’m hanging onto now, as surely the club couldn’t mismanage fans hopes that badly could they?

Wanna bet?

I understand the need for secrecy but a football club is different to almost every other type of business. It's existence is for those who don't own shares, not interested in profitably, only match results.

So an idea of progress would be appreciated.

Just now, JonDolman said:

I think he may well struggle to get us promoted. The championship is better now than ever before. 

He's actually quite far down my list. I think there's other managers who suit us better than Hughton.

Don't you think, on paper anyway, next season's league actually looks fairly low quality? I think it looks far less competitive than recent seasons. No huge teams coming down from the prem, Leeds and WBA going up. One of Fulham/Brentford going up too. I think next season is a very good opportunity.

2 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Maybe the parents could have hinted to the children that Santa couldn’t manage a bike this year then ?

Why, when they'd never even suggested that it was on the cards and the child had just seen loads of adverts on the telly and ignored when it's parents had told them that due to the current financial climate, it was unlikely that they'd be able to afford something like that...?! 

Especially whilst the child had been demanding all his child benefit payments had been given back to him, whilst his parents really need it to help fund Christmas...! 

22 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

If it isn't Hughton and is the impressive Cook, who worked wonders at Wigan, with what he had (didn't have) having done done a decent job at Pompey..... 

Maybe (some) people should stop acting like spoilt, entitled brats..! 

I don't think the club have any responsibility to "manage expectations" having never said anything to create those expectations. 

If people want to get themselves all excited because of what they read on social media, then it's probably best they get a harsh reality check and give their heads a wobble. 

I think it's unfair to expect the club to mange what they haven't created, because people are to stupid to question reports themselves. 

Having said that, it could be Hughton. In which case, should the club be coming out and managing expectations of the good number of people who are hoping that its Cook..? 

Or are they the more intelligent ones, who don't just want a man appointed because they know his name better...?! 

Where have I acted like a ‘spoilt entitled brat?’  The club’s management of this process has not been great. There are a good many things they could do/have done better and, as a supporter with 56 years under my belt am entitled to give this as my opinion on a public City forum. You made about four totally unfounded assumptions about me and then turned them into allegations. Why does EVERYTHING on here have to get IMMEDIATELY nasty and personal?

just say you disagree with me, that is all. 

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Really? I thought the play-offs were there for the taking last season. We squandered a great chance IMO. 

19 minutes ago, daored said:

Would take no notice of TalkSPORT , they’ll look at a premier league club relegated so 2+2=. 
Until Ali Durden starts tweeting about an announcement or puts his name to a manager then all other views are ill relevant as far as I’m concerned 

What if he did not want to be signed up? Maybe he wanted the label MANAGER rather than head coach .Wanting total control ,something the board could not accept. Only a thought 

Archived