IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Yes, I really do think the BP have as good a set of sources as possible given that club isn’t leaking anything.

This is exactly what I think is going on too.  City want Hughton, Hughton would like City, but both are way apart in agreeing a suitable working model.  Either some form of compromise or acceptance from either party happens, or Hughton isn’t coming.

I think any discussion around this happened back end of last week / the weekend, and it’s either announce Hughton or plan B, C, D.

So in summary then; Its 5 Pillars or no Pillars? Or is it, 'oh go on then Chris, knock one pillar down as I am sure it will stand up on four quite nicely? 

5 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

So in summary then; Its 5 Pillars or no Pillars? Or is it, 'oh go on then Chris, knock one pillar down as I am sure it will stand up on four quite nicely? 

I think it's more like a compromise from the club needed. I can't think there would be many managers or head coaches who could work with not having the final say regarding players to be sold or players coming in. Given that and time receding it leads to an internal appointment imo. All guesswork of course. 

1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

Coming from a world of Banking and in particular Operating Models and Strategy across different business areas, it’s fair to say strategies and priorities change all the time.  Fundamental principles generally remain, although sometimes rewritten.

The 5 pillars was a good starting point, but it needs to evolve.  It could well be that the financial prudence pillar trumps everything in the current covid world.  I don’t know.

A lot of our thoughts / speculation re non-appointment focus around the role of recruitment, accountability for that and MA himself.  Some of us are dubious re the role he plays.

Now you could say his role was vital with an inexperienced coach like LJ, reigning him in, maximising sales at the top of the market, etc.  But you might argue that if you get a Hughton, he doesn’t need someone micro-managing recruitment.  Therefore you change to suit the circumstances.  Being rigid is futile imho.  Stagnation occurs.  And I think that is what happened with LJ, over 18 months, luckily (shit word but hey-ho) results still came.  A good CEO will realise the skill of the person he’s appointed and manage them accordingly.  Hughton would need less hand holding than LJ for example.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Coming from a world of Banking and in particular Operating Models and Strategy across different business areas, it’s fair to say strategies and priorities change all the time.  Fundamental principles generally remain, although sometimes rewritten.

The 5 pillars was a good starting point, but it needs to evolve.  It could well be that the financial prudence pillar trumps everything in the current covid world.  I don’t know.

A lot of our thoughts / speculation re non-appointment focus around the role of recruitment, accountability for that and MA himself.  Some of us are dubious re the role he plays.

Now you could say his role was vital with an inexperienced coach like LJ, reigning him in, maximising sales at the top of the market, etc.  But you might argue that if you get a Hughton, he doesn’t need someone micro-managing recruitment.  Therefore you change to suit the circumstances.  Being rigid is futile imho.  Stagnation occurs.  And I think that is what happened with LJ, over 18 months, luckily (shit word but hey-ho) results still came.  A good CEO will realise the skill of the person he’s appointed and manage them accordingly.  Hughton would need less hand holding than LJ for example.

Are you suggesting a Kaizen approach Dave?

1 minute ago, Southport Red said:

Makes you wonder what happened to the “7-10 days” of a week ago. 

Yeah I remember at that point the reaction from fans was What?! How long?! 

Now it's day 12 and nowt...

39 minutes ago, Harry said:

A message to ‘The Humble Realist’. 
If you wish to live up to your user name, please be realistic and, as I’m about to correct you, please remain humble. 

It’s not been 5 weeks. 
It’s been 4 weeks and nearly 2 days. 
Your statement implies 35 days, when it’ll be 30 days by this evening. 
You have therefore increased the time elapsed by over 16%. 

Sorry to correct you. 

Love a correction. I particularly like how you specifically included  'over' 16%  :)

Fair enough-I still think we ultimately need to get a move on and I'm sure the majority of fans would agree.

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Exactly this. Strategy us not fixed and it evolves constantly.

9 minutes ago, mozo said:

Yeah I remember at that point the reaction from fans was What?! How long?! 

Now it's day 12 and nowt...

Could it be that we've made an offer to Cook or Neil and it's taking longer than expected to sort out compensation with PNE or Wigan Administrators? 

As has been said by others, every day that passes surely reduces the liklihood of it being Hughton......

2 hours ago, sludge said:

Could it be that we've made an offer to Cook or Neil and it's taking longer than expected to sort out compensation with PNE or Wigan Administrators? 

As has been said by others, every day that passes surely reduces the liklihood of it being Hughton......

I’m not so sure, every other appointment where Hughton was up for the role - Watford, Birmingham etc have gone elsewhere , it’s only good old City left ?(John Terry is apparently nailed on for Bournemouth)

6 hours ago, The Humble Realist said:

At what point does the lack of a new manager become negligence by the board ?

About a month ago

according to OTIB.  :whistle:

Still would be my number one choice (although Neil and Cook are good options), but I guess it depends on what he wants. It's easy to say give him what he wants, but one of the best things about us (arguably part of what makes a manager want to come here) is our stability. Getting CH would be a good statement and raise the clubs profile, but he is also a realistic option - it wouldn't be shocking if he came here, people wouldn't be scratching their heads wondering how we managed to pull that off and I'm not sure you tear up a clubs structure and systems for someone like that. For me it would need to be somone who seems unattainable to be worth changing how we do things.

Well, its time for me to get stuck into a rather large piece of humble pie isn't it fellow Reds??!!

In all honesty, I did have great faith in my "contact" - who is very respectable and generally reliable too. 

I guess its rather indicative of this whole sorry story to date.

Personally, I'll still feel very disappointed if we don't get Chris Hughton.

Anyway, I'm off to flog my "contact" with a wet Rovers shirt (I will be wearing suitable protection).

Good Evening  

Surely it cannot be money , if you can’t afford him why interview how long do players and fans have to suffer a bad start to the season can only be blamed on the boards drawn out process to interviewing and leaving little time for players and manager to gell 

10 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

The fact that Hughton is on 5/1 on SkyBet and Howe is 6/1 shows how well off we are in thinking he is coming here.

I really don’t think that means anything, the fact so many media sources have called this wrong at every stage just goes to show that you can’t judge anything by the odds. If 10 people put a tenner on hughton he would become favourite again.

Archived