IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

Assuming the interviews were finished sometime last week then maybe the decision is made but the new boss is not available yet. Cook and Neil and any other person in employment until the end of the season would probably need to squeeze a holiday in before players start back next week so may well be away this week. After a year long season it’s not unreasonable for them to have a week off before another long season.  Its not an ideal situation but may be unavoidable. 

8 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

There’s either going to have to be some sort of super announcement, like Hughton + 3 players already signed, or I think the club have massively ballsed this up. 

Tinnion and Jon Lansdown’s weekend tweets suggest a level of confidence that I don’t think could be attributed or justified to any manager that isn’t going to excite the majority of the fan base. 

Something better be cooking, and imminently. To hinder ourselves like this in the time it’ll take a new manager to get to know his side and make the inevitable necessary additions, is incredibly short sighted, and I struggle to believe the club have been this blinkered in their approach.

I’m all for due diligence, but not at any cost. Without a pre season, the new manager is going to take 5 matches of the new season to know which way is up. 

The longer it goes on, the more concerned I’m getting that this is a becoming a massive balls up. What else explains the wait?

What about the kit?

The way it’s going with everyone else having announced their flashy new Hummel kits, we’ll be cobbling together a shirt using their off-cuts.

Thought we were about ‘continuous improvement’. Our centenary shirt comprised a load of off-cuts sown together, surely we’re going to improve on that. 

7 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I think thats a bit of a leap tbh.

Its much more likely the club will move to appoint someone other than Hughton (if they're not able to reach agreement with him) and that person looks increasingly likely to be Holden imo due to the lack of time now available and due to the fact he knows and accepts the constraints of the job - recruitment etc etc. Another leap, but more likely imo.

I just have the feeling that if the club sticks to its current processes regarding recruitment, selling players, and promoting academy players, they'll find it difficult to get anyone through the door. They have to compromise - maybe they have, I don't know, but given the time this is taken, I doubt it.

The timing just now appears quite specific.

If it's Holden they could've appointed him Friday, Saturday, today etc etc 

Why wait till a couple of days before training restarts? 

26 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Based on what I think I know, it's a theory.

Given it seems we're highly unlikely to appoint anyone before tomorrow night's game, but highly likely to appoint someone by the end of the week (as training restarts next week), it's either a coincidence, or there is indeed something riding on the game for us. 

I'm starting to think it's the latter.

I suppose that makes me and a fair number of us on here Fulham fans tomorrow night!

2 hours ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

The fact that Hughton is on 5/1 on SkyBet and Howe is 6/1 shows how well off we are in thinking he is coming here.

The odds only reflect the money staked by people. The bookies are exactly the same as everyone on this forum, they haven’t got a clue who will get the job.

54 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

What club takes nearly 5 weeks to appoint a successor when numerous realistic candidates are readily available?

A simple statement acknowledging fans concerns and offering reassurance that the process remains ongoing, with every intention to appoint the right candidate to take the club forwards, wouldn’t be inappropriate.

I know you’ll say that’s obvious, but after such a long time I would argue a simple acknowledgement is better than continuing to say nothing.

I think we need to get ready for disappointment. This has all the hallmarks of Dean Holden getting the gig.

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Agree , it won’t be Holden 

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

The odds only reflect the money staked by people. The bookies are exactly the same as everyone on this forum, they haven’t got a clue who will get the job.

I can never understand how people don’t know how bookmakers work, no wonder so many are taken as mugs.

I don’t bet btw.

4 minutes ago, RedRock said:

What about the kit?

The way it’s going with everyone else having announced their flashy new Hummel kits, we’ll be cobbling together a shirt using their off-cuts.

Thought we were about ‘continuous improvement’. Our centenary shirt comprised a load of off-cuts sown together, surely we’re going to improve on that. 

If we’re holding off a managerial announcement to reveal the kit at the same time then the powers that be have hugely misunderstood the general feeling of the fan base!

Unless wearing the new kit makes you look 15 years younger and guarantees you a date with Sienna Miller then they’re having an absolute crisis.

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

They’re getting the sand bags and water cannon in place.

20 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

Regarding JL and Tinns tweets, do we actually think Tinnion would be privvy to who the new manager will be? 

Yes, because he is the go between from the Academy to the first team coaching staff, SL would want his opinion on certain things I would say. 

22 hours ago, Davefevs said:

You, you may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you will join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine there's a manager

The man without a name

Some say that he was interviewed

Or that he never came

Imagine Stevie Lansdown

waiting by his phone

Oh ho ho-a-oh

42 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Holden now favourite ?‍♂️?‍♂️

I just hope this doesn’t become reality 

2 hours ago, Red Grovesy said:

Wow. Took voluntary redundancy almost four years ago - Not heard 'Kaizen' since I left. Sent a shiver down my spine!

Sat here in a cold sweat now ? 

Strangely enough i just took VR 4 hours ago! No Kaizen mentioned but definitely lots of changes afoot. 

Holden has been part of the Lee Johnson set up from day one. 

A set up that failed, like it or not. 

So how can the club ever consider to take on part of Lee Johnson’s team for the new coach job is beyond me. 

He’s not high profile enough and will never temp top players into the club. 

Chris Hughton certainly would. 

I understand the club has to work within its means but quite frankly if Holden is given the job I cannot see it being successful. 

It’s rumoured the current squad like him! Maybe but you don’t chuck a No2 into the depend because current squad players like him. 

We need a new man with fresh ideas and someone who can enter the market and have a really good chance of bringing in top quality players who can push the club to a playoff place at least. 

And of course will our fan base be happy with DH getting the job?  That’s a big fat no

Whereas Hughton will get us all buzzing 

1 hour ago, ScottishRed said:

I think we need to get ready for disappointment. This has all the hallmarks of Dean Holden getting the gig.

I dunno, it’s all so confusing! A contact of a City employee told me today that the ‘2nd interview short list’ was Hughton, Cook, Neil and Adkins - but I don’t know who or what to believe at the moment! It’s fun though! All this angst over a guy who will be sacked in two years time, then off we go again!!! Wahey!! ?????

7 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Holden has been part of the Lee Johnson set up from day one. 

A set up that failed, like it or not. 

So how can the club ever consider to take on part of Lee Johnson’s team for the new coach job is beyond me. 

He’s not high profile enough and will never temp top players into the club. 

Chris Hughton certainly would. 

I understand the club has to work within its means but quite frankly if Holden is given the job I cannot see it being successful. 

It’s rumoured the current squad like him! Maybe but you don’t chuck a No2 into the depend because current squad players like him. 

We need a new man with fresh ideas and someone who can enter the market and have a really good chance of bringing in top quality players who can push the club to a playoff place at least. 

And of course will our fan base be happy with DH getting the job?  That’s a big fat no

Whereas Hughton will get us all buzzing 

Let's face it, SL and those in charge were probably happy with LJ's performance up until it was near impossible for us to get 6th place this season. Despite playing rubbish football for the past two seasons, the crap tactics and the losing runs.

I really hope they're not thinking that Holden he can just build upon what LJ has done.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Unless all other avenues have turned into dead ends and Holden is the only option left even if as a temporary measure.

How the odds have changed on the 4 favourites this evening is alarming. Neil from 3/1 to 10/1, Cook from odds on to 6/1 and Holden has shortened from over 10/1 to odds on favourite.

Now I know odds are dependent on money being placed but thats a massive change. Does someone know something?

Archived