IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

1 minute ago, Kid on a diet said:

No it's not, my previous username was CityLew, I'd only post now and again.

I don't understand the big deal, I wanted a new username, its a play on words.

How educated are you? Just out of interest? ?

13 minutes ago, Harry said:

Ha ha. 
I know you’ve started running recently mate, but didn’t think you were on the old Nigel Adkins diet too!! 

Funny you should mention Nigel Adkins .... ????? 

(when it comes down to it we are all equally ‘in the know’ really - Kid In The Riot getting pissy about a username similar to his adds to the hilarity! Especially as he told us to expect ‘news today or tomorrow’ bloody ages ago but nothing, absolutely nothing materialised! ? He hasn’t got a clue either!)

12 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

(when it comes down to it we are all equally ‘in the know’ really - Kid In The Riot getting pissy about a username similar to his adds to the hilarity! Especially as he told us to expect ‘news today or tomorrow’ bloody ages ago but nothing, absolutely nothing materialised! ? He hasn’t got a clue either!)

That is honestly the most surprising thing in all of this. How many times does this happen in football? To be manager-less for a month and yet no one really has a clue who we're appointing! Quite impressive really (assuming it's not just because the board don't know either yet!)

1 minute ago, YGBjammy said:

That is honestly the most surprising thing in all of this. How many times does this happen in football? To be manager-less for a month and yet no one really has a clue who we're appointing! Quite impressive really (assuming it's not just because the board don't know either yet!)

It's not like he posts about how in  ITK he is or tries to get some kind of glory from it. Just posts stuff that he has heard and it more often than not has been - thats it. If you really think he just makes stuff up then just put him on ignore. Personally - If he does just make stuff up then I'm still quite happy to listen to him as someone not ITK but incredibly and consistently good at predicting things! 

2 hours ago, LocoPal said:

One think for sure. I'd rather we were putting that 500k plus towards getting the manager we want, than paying it to a chief executive every year.

...and where’s the millions of pounds of transfer fee income going to come from then?

Whatever fans might think of MA, his negotiating skill has paid for his and the manager’s salary for a few years. For everyone who thinks we would have got the fees anyway, how many honestly thought we could get £33m for Kelly and Webster?  MA’s involvement probably got us around £10m more than we could reasonably have expected.

Whether we like it or not, that ability is crucial in funding the club's on field efforts and will be even more important in the next few seasons. 

23 minutes ago, downendcity said:

...and where’s the millions of pounds of transfer fee income going to come from then?

Whatever fans might think of MA, his negotiating skill has paid for his and the manager’s salary for a few years. For everyone who thinks we would have got the fees anyway, how many honestly thought we could get £33m for Kelly and Webster?  MA’s involvement probably got us around £10m more than we could reasonably have expected.

Whether we like it or not, that ability is crucial in funding the club's on field efforts and will be even more important in the next few seasons. 

Its a bit like this :grr:

1 hour ago, Kid on a diet said:

1 hour ago, Kid on a diet said:

No it's not, my previous username was CityLew, I'd only post now and again.

I don't understand the big deal, I wanted a new username, its a play on words.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

57 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Brilliant! Don’t worry, you’ve only upset the ITK merchant who clearly isn’t - high comedy! Top notch! ✌️???

Kid is not upset or pissy. No one is. Everyone thinks it’s quite funny. 

5 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

So in summary:

My sources, theoretically, tell me we may (or may not) likely appoint someone soon. Then again maybe not

Cheers for the inside info

I think it actually lines up with what @Kid in the Riot is saying quite nicely.

City want Hughton (after Gerrard turned us down).  Hughton wanted City.  City interview Hughton (Talksport assume deal done - Gregor says not, which is correct).  Hughton snd City not on same page.  If they can’t get on same page, need to look at others (Cook, maybe Neil).  In the meantime, Watford, Bournemouth jobs become available.  Hughton has bargaining power.  City panicking now.  Hughton still might have his ace (Fulham) up his sleeve.  City can’t move / force a decision until after tomorrow nights match.  Which leads us to....

4 hours ago, daored said:

Agree , it won’t be Holden 

...if Hughton won’t be forced into coming here....it might still be Holden.

Now, of course all of that might sounds like a bizarre set of circumstances, but I reckon Kid might say it’s pretty near the truth....according to what he knows.

22 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Are we back to bread puns FFS? Someone needs to prove to me that there are adults on this forum. 

I think that's a bread from the Levant no?

15 hours ago, Mr Hankey said:

Christ ???

Always comes across as the biggest simpleton (probably on a par with Garth Crooks) when on the likes of Match of the Day. Would rather Dean Holden i think.

I said something along those lines, albeit with a tad more respect, and got shouted down by a few on otib like I was the anti Christ. 

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think it actually lines up with what @Kid in the Riot is saying quite nicely.

City want Hughton (after Gerrard turned us down).  Hughton wanted City.  City interview Hughton (Talksport assume deal done - Gregor says not, which is correct).  Hughton snd City not on same page.  If they can’t get on same page, need to look at others (Cook, maybe Neil).  In the meantime, Watford, Bournemouth jobs become available.  Hughton has bargaining power.  City panicking now.  Hughton still might have his ace (Fulham) up his sleeve.  City can’t move / force a decision until after tomorrow nights match.  Which leads us to....

...if Hughton won’t be forced into coming here....it might still be Holden.

Now, of course all of that might sounds like a bizarre set of circumstances, but I reckon Kid might say it’s pretty near the truth....according to what he knows.

In your scenario, our back up option could still be Cook or Neil?

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

In your scenario, our back up option could still be Cook or Neil?

I agree with @Davefevs comments I think we’ve been unable to agree terms with Hughton and now Bournemouth job has been available (potentially Fulham) I think the club has a backup Neil & Cook but obviously the longer we wait the bigger chance we’ll end up with Holden as the club will be backed into a corner with options. Watch the spin if he’s appointed , 

26 minutes ago, !james said:

This is getting confusing now!

So Bournemouth get Parker, Fulham get Hughton and we get Holden... ?

So the only way to break the chain of events is for Fulham to win. They then keep Parker, Bournemouth go Terry, Hughton reluctantly joins us. Score.

2 hours ago, daored said:

I agree with @Davefevs comments I think we’ve been unable to agree terms with Hughton and now Bournemouth job has been available (potentially Fulham) I think the club has a backup Neil & Cook but obviously the longer we wait the bigger chance we’ll end up with Holden as the club will be backed into a corner with options. Watch the spin if he’s appointed , 

SPIN......it will be worse than watching the Whirling Dervishes ???

Should have got Hughton on the roof with a can of thatchers in-hand before the playoffs even started. 

How the hell are we in a situation where we're getting involved with things relating the the playoff final, a whole month after we sacked LJ. 

Archived