IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

4 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Why would Holden have to be in the country to be ‘unveiled’ as the new manager? He already works for the club and has been standing in since LJ was sacked, all they’d have to do is tell the local press they’ve given it to him.

Thats the straws I’m clutching anyway.

Doing it like that would just add to the sense that it's a lowkey, potentially stopgap appointment that they're worried about.

If it is him it'll be the usual photoshoot, interviews etc.

While most people thought Hughton is the messiah... and he was never my first choice...

But with the talk of Holden, i'll actually be very relieved if its Hughton...

I'm not writing off Holden, but he would be a massive risk!

7 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

I know you want Hughton but do you think it will be? If both Hughton and Holden were 10/1 and you had a free £10 bet, who would it be on?

For what it’s worth, my £10 would still be on Hughton. 
I’m convinced that the Fulham interest in him has been the hold up. Holden was the back up plan if Hughton went to Fulham. 

I think the phone calls will be made today to both parties, Holden to tell him they’re resuming talks with Hughton, whilst the call to Hughton will be to nail down the requirement to keep Holden in the coaching team. 

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’m convinced that the Fulham interest in him has been the hold up. Holden was the back up plan if Hughton went to Fulham. 

I think the phone calls will be made today to both parties, Holden to tell him they’re resuming talks with Hughton, whilst the call to Hughton will be to nail down the requirement to keep Holden in the coaching team. 

This seems like the most plausible explanation IMO. We've heard that all the other candidates are out of the running (okay nothing concrete but as close as) and Gregor confirms that Hughton is still in it. Why would a very popular manager still be waiting by the phone FOR US? It must be that he thought he could be in at Fulham. Whilst some people might not like us being second choice to Hughton, that's what we have to do to get the best candidates. It happens all the time with players.

The reporting about discussing backroom staff was probably making sure plans were in place for if Hughton goes to Fulham, and we could then get things rolling quick with Holden. The reason people yesterday were saying Holden was likely was that people probably fancied Brentford over Fulham last night.

(Yes I am an optimist)

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

???

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

Dropping hints to a local journo to gage fan reaction would of changed plans imo Harry 

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

I hope you're right. No disrespect to Holden but that would be a massive let down.

13 minutes ago, Harry said:

Holden would learn a lot from Hughton and be much better equipped to take the head coach role after a stint with a proven manager. 

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

Dropping hints to a local journo to gage fan reaction would of changed plans imo Harry 

Mate, given how non-existent the PR has been in the past 5 weeks, I doubt they've got the nous to do that (or smokescreen as others have suggested).

12 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

"Bristol Live understands that both Chris Hughton and Dean Holden are still left in the race to become the new City head coach, however neither has yet been given a second interview."

Could be an appointment by Christmas at this rate

11 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

So another story then.. Holden who according to the same newspaper just yesterday was bang on to be our new head coach..  now barely 24 hours on he’s not even had a second interview.. 

what in the **** is happening 

4 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

"Bristol Live understands that both Chris Hughton and Dean Holden are still left in the race to become the new City head coach, however neither has yet been given a second interview."

What year 

9 minutes ago, mozo said:

It doesn't paint a good picture, does it? A sorry state of affairs!

9 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Good article that....

they’ve not even held second interviews? What on earth is going on? 

7 minutes ago, petehinton said:

no second interviews, what the **** have they been doing for 5 weeks? what a shitshow

5 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

4 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

So another story then.. Holden who according to the same newspaper just yesterday was bang on to be our new head coach..  now barely 24 hours on he’s not even had a second interview.. 

what in the **** is happening 

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Omnishambles

:dunno:

Archived