IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

Just now, bcfc01 said:

Would Holden or Hughton need second interviews ?

Holden has been here for a few years and Hughtons CV says it all - one interview should be enough for both.

they'd probably use second interviews to talk more about personal finances, living arrangements and all that kinda stuff. In Hughton's case, surely you'd want to see someone more than once before hiring them?

Just now, cheshire_red said:

Just read on another thread there is a 14 day quarantine if travelling to Guernsey, are we waiting for SL to be able to come over to the UK without having to face quarantine on his return home?

Why does he have to come over,

We've got millions working from home using programmes like Microsoft teams

10 minutes ago, petehinton said:

no second interviews, what the **** have they been doing for 5 weeks? what a shitshow

They don’t need second interviews as such, they need to agree the details of the job offer on the table, and that’s wider than salary and playing budget, but levels of control on transfers, staff set up etc.

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

they'd probably use second interviews to talk more about personal finances, living arrangements and all that kinda stuff. In Hughton's case, surely you'd want to see someone more than once before hiring them?

Depends if they’ve got a really good track record and can evidence their success in similar situations easily enough...

1 minute ago, Roadrunner said:

At the end of the day i will be happy to see the back of SL, JL and MA. The way they have treated the fans is a disgrace. We need a clean out from top to bottom of the management of this club.

Wait for it...........:boxing:

At the end of the day i will be happy to see the back of SL, JL and MA. The way they have treated the fans is a disgrace. We need a clean out from top to bottom of the management of this club.

I don’t think I ever want to see the Back of SL... although the appointment of Holden would make me question it. 

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Not saying he does but some people are incredibly hands on and want to meet a person they are trusting with millions of pounds in person, look them in the eye, feel the handshake, you know.

Deranged.

What world do you live in. The club wouldn't exist.

Communication is the same in any club, not sure what more you expect? Daily chairman updates emailed across to you or a rolling 24 hour news channel?

Our fanbase......wow

1 minute ago, cheshire_red said:

Not saying he does but some people are incredibly hands on and want to meet a person they are trusting with millions of pounds in person, look them in the eye, feel the handshake, you know.

Some people are too hands on and should employ experts in the field to save them money in the long run....

5 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

What, you mean they’ve kept the internal workings of the club confidential, instead of giving us secret titbits to discuss? Shocking!

5 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

This whole situation is no doubt a mess but I really don't understand anyone going this far. Particularly after what we've just seen happen to Wigan! We are so lucky to have the stable ownership we do.

17 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

"Bristol Live understands that both Chris Hughton and Dean Holden are still left in the race to become the new City head coach, however neither has yet been given a second interview."

Could be an appointment by Christmas at this rate

If it's a race, it's a bloody endurance one! Like a triple ironman...

13 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Perhaps Steve isn't very technical and just can't get Zoom to work?  I imagine Jon banging his head against the screen "Nooo, click the camera button.  In the middle.  Looks like a camera!"

3 minutes ago, RedHienz said:

Deranged.

What world do you live in. The club wouldn't exist.

Communication is the same in any club, not sure what more you expect? Daily chairman updates emailed across to you or a rolling 24 hour news channel?

Our fanbase......wow

In fairness to @Roadrunner - and whilst I don't share their perspective and recognise that they are asking for your responses - it's a bit of a leap from being happy to see the back of the Lansdowns to the club not existing...I suspect we'd stagger on under different ownership somehow, most football clubs have down the years!

14 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

SL and JL no, MA yes. 

Could JL be doing a better job communicating with the fans as chairman? Yes but a lot of fans would not be happy to see the back of the Lansdown's and their continued support for the club. 

27 minutes ago, petehinton said:

no second interviews, what the **** have they been doing for 5 weeks?

For a man who bangs on about being very clear about the fact he has lots of lists and plans meticulously, I'd also like to know what he was doing for the 14 weeks of lockdown too.

Even after his voluntary 20% pay cut, based on his 2018 salary he'd have earned over £100k between the Fulham and Sheffield Wednesday games, and had no plan a month later.

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

In fairness to @Roadrunner - and whilst I don't share their perspective and recognise that they are asking for your responses - it's a bit of a leap from being happy to see the back of the Lansdowns to the club not existing...I suspect we'd stagger on under different ownership somehow, most football clubs have down the years!

We could always rebuild the Wedlock. 

48 minutes ago, Harry said:

For what it’s worth, my £10 would still be on Hughton. 
I’m convinced that the Fulham interest in him has been the hold up. Holden was the back up plan if Hughton went to Fulham. 

I think the phone calls will be made today to both parties, Holden to tell him they’re resuming talks with Hughton, whilst the call to Hughton will be to nail down the requirement to keep Holden in the coaching team. 

Ridiculous - Hughton may feel he simply can't work with Holden.

Are we to miss out on him for that?

The City board seem to think DH is a Championship standard manager.

In that case don't hold him back - give him his wings and see where he lands.

I doubt it will be as manager of a Championship rival.

Just now, RedHienz said:

We could always rebuild the Wedlock. 

The only point I'm making is that - lovely though they are - Bristol City Football Club does not begin and end with the Lansdown's and their patronage. They're not a charity, they get something out of it. It existed before them and it will exist afterwards. 

Archived