IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

48 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I'm not sure I completely agree.

To give one example, the club is currently sitting on a mountain of cash paid by ordinary folk for season tickets for next year. Literally millions of pounds if 12k fans have paid an average of £400 a ticket. As things stand, in these unusual times, we have no firm idea what we've bought and been told precisely nothing to enlighten us.

The season starts in a few weeks. We have no manager. The club appears ill prepared. I don't think it's 'entitled' to ask questions and expect answers. I'm always baffled by the mindset of supporters who don't ask questions and appear happy to go along with whatever happens.

You are twisting the course of this but ill bite, my original post was aimed at someone wanting SL gone, a mad statement and my opinion is my own which is with uncle Steve we wouldnt be pushing the playoffs.

Ask questions, demand change even but this is not a democracy, its s business. You pay more for other products and get less information.

You see it as ill prepared, ill take it as precautionary. Right or wrong.

5 minutes ago, RedHienz said:

You are twisting the course of this but ill bite, my original post was aimed at someone wanting SL gone, a mad statement and my opinion is my own which is with uncle Steve we wouldnt be pushing the playoffs.

Ask questions, demand change even but this is not a democracy, its s business. You pay more for other products and get less information.

You see it as ill prepared, ill take it as precautionary. Right or wrong.

I don't see replies to my posts as 'bites' - fine if you want to discuss something.

You initially said that without SL the club wouldn't exist. I don't think that's true. It might be worse or it might be better. We don't know. It would certainly be different. 

You then spoke of entitlement - all I'm saying is that I believe supporters are entitled to know something of what is happening. We invest in the club. We should ask questions, I believe that challenge is a good thing.

Football clubs would be better run, in my opinion, if they were more like democracies, and less like dictatorships. A greater variety of perspectives brought to decisions would be a good thing. I think. 

I have no problem with you disagreeing.

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Let's sell it to the Chinese and end up like wigan, or the russians and end up like Portsmouth

Or another local businessman and end uo like bury and Chester........

oh so easy and lazy to quote the dodgy ones, for every dodgy one there’s probably double the amount of good ones. people like you are just frightened of change so we will never move forward

41 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

What do you make of our financial position dave? If we could get 5m for either elliasson or fam ive no doubt we will take it, but i just dont see them being replaced with anything but loans or free transfers. We are 5 million or so in profit from the brownhill/ wells deal, plus the kelly and webster income was not all spent on transfer fees.

its galling to thing how much weve spent on players who never play, and now the money has dried up we are in trouble.

I think we’ve built up a bit of FFP contingency to spend some of what we get in. For Hughton it could be he gets to use all of it.

Key will be keeping wage bill sensible, and there will be some clubs desperate to offload at low prices as well as freebies and loans (as you say). The only issue with loans is our place in the pecking order and we know from Nketiah that it can fall through too. 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I think we’ve built up a bit of FFP contingency to spend some of what we get in. For Hughton it could be he gets to use all of it.

Key will be keeping wage bill sensible, and there will be some clubs desperate to offload at low prices as well as freebies and loans (as you say). The only issue with loans is our place in the pecking order and we know from Nketiah that it can fall through too. 

That's where hiring a Hughton over a Holden will prove it's worth.

Undecided about going on loan to a club who hasn't been in the top flight in most players lifetimes, and hired the old number 2? No thanks.

Going to a club on the up, who has just hired Hughton who has got a proven track record of getting clubs to the Premiership? I'll give it a go then.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Probably somewhere between £3-4m’s worth.

Why do you think clubs sell season tickets in March?  To cover cash flow during the summer months of no income.  It’s not just sat there in a mahoosive shoe box is it.  It’s covering the costs of the club over the summer for a business that costs more to run than it brings in, and is only kept running by handouts from the owner and / or by selling players.

I don’t disagree that we look ill prepared though.  Last Friday was my self-imposed cutoff for an announcement.  We are running a risk of being under cooked, but I guess Holden is still in charge and preparing for pre-season with the fitness guys, so BAU in some respects.  It’s recruitment/ trading that is being hamstrung at the mo most definitely.  

Holden is on his holidays isn't he ? 

Don't blame him and hope he can relax - he probably doesn't know if he's hit the jackpot or out of work. In that respect, he's probably being pissed about more than anyone else. 

Players back in on Monday I think - not a lot of prep time..

2 hours ago, Riaz said:

He seems to have got more right than anyone else!

When the media was reporting that we were going to appoint Chris Hughton, he said not true, still 7-10 days away!

He was right!

Well, not really! It will be 14 days tomorrow since Talk Sport tweeted we had appointed Hughton!  13 since McGregor tweeted that it will be 7-10 days ?

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Well, not really! It will be 14 days tomorrow since Talk Sport tweeted we had appointed Hughton!  13 since McGregor tweeted that it will be 7-10 days ?

Just to follow that timeline up, if McGregor was told 7-10 days from 24th July, whoever the source was would have know that Holden would be away on his holiday’s at the time of the expected announcement............?

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

Just to follow that timeline up, if McGregor was told 7-10 days from 24th July, whoever the source was would have know that Holden would be away on his holiday’s at the time of the expected announcement............?

It was 7-10 days from the end of the season. Technically today is day 1 ?

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Holden is on his holidays isn't he ? 

Don't blame him and hope he can relax - he probably doesn't know if he's hit the jackpot or out of work. In that respect, he's probably being pissed about more than anyone else. 

Players back in on Monday I think - not a lot of prep time..

Hopefully the most prep time Holden will need is getting his training cones out of the store cupboard.

33 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

931C2508-7608-4220-867D-0B76D8E86FE8.png

Not with Covid in charge right now.. that's why I think we might be going down the Holden route. All those empty season ticket holder threats that they will burn their tickets. When there's only 30% capacity planned this season it wont have any impact.

5 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Not with Covid in charge right now.. that's why I think we might be going down the Holden route. All those empty season ticket holder threats that they will burn their tickets. When there's only 30% capacity planned this season it wont have any impact.

We don't yet know what the deal for ST holders is...will there be a refund option? How many more would take it?

39 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Posted 23rd July :laugh:

38 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

Can't find this on their page?

36 minutes ago, Coppello said:

The post is from the 23rd July. 

Just had it sent to me by a Watford friend, I'm sure it was rubbish either way!

59 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Not if a vaccine is found and it seems we are close.

Could be back to full houses by Christmas 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The Bears Rugby alternative announced today looks very poor value for money (imho).

Thanks Dave. Gosh...it is poor value. Home games TV only and priority for a match ticket when spectators are allowed doesn't seem very generous compared to our offer of home and away matches a few months back, with the remaining value donated to their academy.

https://www.bristolbearsrugby.com/news/bears-reveal-season-card-and-matchday-ticket-options/

But there is a refund offer.

Personally I can't see how I will be able to get to any City matches until there is greater certainty over the health risks. I could see me taking the refund and buying access to TV matches as and when. 

3 hours ago, Red Exile said:

I don't see replies to my posts as 'bites' - fine if you want to discuss something.

You initially said that without SL the club wouldn't exist. I don't think that's true. It might be worse or it might be better. We don't know. It would certainly be different. 

You then spoke of entitlement - all I'm saying is that I believe supporters are entitled to know something of what is happening. We invest in the club. We should ask questions, I believe that challenge is a good thing.

Football clubs would be better run, in my opinion, if they were more like democracies, and less like dictatorships. A greater variety of perspectives brought to decisions would be a good thing. I think. 

I have no problem with you disagreeing.

As you mentioned you have spent money so want to know what you have paid for, its just that a want. No business you do business with will give you or anyone the level of detail we all crave, sure ask questions but dont expect answers.

Challenge gives balance to perspective however democracy gives endless opinions, Ebbsfleet tried it and wasn't easy nor successful.

Id rather a firm hand steering the sub...and see whats comes...

Good post.

4 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Has anyone else noticed that Championship clubs are now lining up players to move on and bring in?

Via Twitter admittedly but is all this bollocks in us trying to bring on a head coach going to put us well behind in the transfer market?

Doing my head in tbh 

This can go both ways, I'm sure if its not a done deal already then some of our players are looking to move with the uncertainty around. I would be..

Archived