IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

11 minutes ago, RedHienz said:

As you mentioned you have spent money so want to know what you have paid for, its just that a want. No business you do business with will give you or anyone the level of detail we all crave, sure ask questions but dont expect answers.

Challenge gives balance to perspective however democracy gives endless opinions, Ebbsfleet tried it and wasn't easy nor successful.

Id rather a firm hand steering the sub...and see whats comes...

Good post.

Thanks. I've always had a sneaky regard for Burnley's Board set up - more what I had in mind than the full Ebbsfleet! I met their former Chairman years ago, very nice man...it's a Board full of local boys made good who are fans:

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/club/contact/

58 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Thanks. I've always had a sneaky regard for Burnley's Board set up - more what I had in mind than the full Ebbsfleet! I met their former Chairman years ago, very nice man...it's a Board full of local boys made good who are fans:

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/club/contact/

Its what many would call a 'proper' club, don't see that much these day's. 

Have to say that they run a tight ship which many would do well to follow. 

6 hours ago, cheshire_red said:

You missed the earlier post stating there is a 14 day quarantine for reentering Guernsey, it may be a question of waiting for that to be removed before he comes over, if of course he feels he needs to. He does appear very hands on still so.......

You can still fly into Guernsey for meetings as long as you have it at the airport and from a social distance.  As such if needs be they could have met in person.

https://covid19.gov.gg/guidance/travel/business

9 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

If there is any sign that CH will become our new head coach he don’t seem to be strongly linked with any other jobs going about 

I live in hope 

Me too Dolman. Fed up with waiting for an announcement, hoping that it is CH. Big chance lost if not.

6 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

658 votes atm with 95% being Hughton, I don’t even know what to say...

They didn't tag it with #BristolCity which will limit the reach. 

Holden's up to 6%, Maybe Pato and Wells have voted.

I am not sure why there is such a clamour for Chris Hughton.  I find him a likeable guy with good principles but his style of play is not in tune with the flair and attacking play that City fans have always aspired to.   I don't think he is a good fit.   Managers who play with a bit of flair (as Danny Wilson did and LJ did for for a couple of seasons) will always be given a chance.   Do we really want the type of football as highlighted here?

www.wearebrighton.com/newsopinion/the-worrying-signs-that-history-is-repeating-itself-for-chris-hughton/

"Negative football
One of the biggest bugbears that Brighton supporters seem to have with Hughton is his negative approach to games, which is best summed up by the recent record-breaking 12 hours and 15 minutes that we managed to go without a goal. Connor tells us that Norwich fans had similar complaints.

“It’s fair to say it was negative. Norwich fans struggle to recall any performances under Hughton that provoke any ounce of excitement, to be honest. It was a particular problem given that he arrived after the club was playing such vibrant, fearless and attacking football under Paul Lambert. Attempting to win games converted into trying not to lose them, with the team becoming more structured and the football being overly pragmatic.”

1 minute ago, bcfcnick said:

I am not sure why there is such a clamour for Chris Hughton.  I find him a likeable guy with good principles but his style of play is not in tune with the flair and attacking play that City fans have always aspired to.   I don't think he is a good fit.   Managers who play with a bit of flair (as Danny Wilson did and LJ did for for a couple of seasons) will always be given a chance.   Do we really want the type of football as highlighted here?

www.wearebrighton.com/newsopinion/the-worrying-signs-that-history-is-repeating-itself-for-chris-hughton/

"Negative football
One of the biggest bugbears that Brighton supporters seem to have with Hughton is his negative approach to games, which is best summed up by the recent record-breaking 12 hours and 15 minutes that we managed to go without a goal. Connor tells us that Norwich fans had similar complaints.

“It’s fair to say it was negative. Norwich fans struggle to recall any performances under Hughton that provoke any ounce of excitement, to be honest. It was a particular problem given that he arrived after the club was playing such vibrant, fearless and attacking football under Paul Lambert. Attempting to win games converted into trying not to lose them, with the team becoming more structured and the football being overly pragmatic.”

That's a problem for once you're in the PL though

6 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

That's a problem for once you're in the PL though

Yes and it’s hard to imagine he’d produce anything worse than we’ve seen over the past couple of seasons. He might even make us hard to beat at home.... or was being awful at home one of the “5 pillars”? 

15 hours ago, Port Red said:

You can still fly into Guernsey for meetings as long as you have it at the airport and from a social distance.  As such if needs be they could have met in person.

https://covid19.gov.gg/guidance/travel/business

Looking at that link, Pula own a business flight service to and from Guernsey. Sure I have seen that name before somewhere?

I don’t think the comment by Gregor that the players are all onboard with the appointment is a growing endorsement!

Of course they will be happy that he is going to manager, nothing further to prove, job security, bit of an easy life for some which a new manager would give rise to.

Looks like it will be the same old same old, same players which if in truth we are looking at top 6, our attacking line up would struggle to make a top 6 Championship team, I couldn’t see who would get in there!

(Sorry should have been posted in the Holden thread)

Just now, Old Rascal said:

Looking at that link, Pula own a business flight service to and from Guernsey. Sure I have seen that name before somewhere?

Funnily enough I was looking at this earlier, it’s Centreline - one of their planes went from Bristol to London about an hour ago ??

Archived