IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

59 minutes ago, bcfcnick said:

I am not sure why there is such a clamour for Chris Hughton.  I find him a likeable guy with good principles but his style of play is not in tune with the flair and attacking play that City fans have always aspired to.   I don't think he is a good fit.   Managers who play with a bit of flair (as Danny Wilson did and LJ did for for a couple of seasons) will always be given a chance.   Do we really want the type of football as highlighted here?

www.wearebrighton.com/newsopinion/the-worrying-signs-that-history-is-repeating-itself-for-chris-hughton/

"Negative football
One of the biggest bugbears that Brighton supporters seem to have with Hughton is his negative approach to games, which is best summed up by the recent record-breaking 12 hours and 15 minutes that we managed to go without a goal. Connor tells us that Norwich fans had similar complaints.

“It’s fair to say it was negative. Norwich fans struggle to recall any performances under Hughton that provoke any ounce of excitement, to be honest. It was a particular problem given that he arrived after the club was playing such vibrant, fearless and attacking football under Paul Lambert. Attempting to win games converted into trying not to lose them, with the team becoming more structured and the football being overly pragmatic.”

Please give me negative football. Where do I sign? 

It's Holden.

It was always going to be Holden or MacAllister from the moment they walked into the club, or at least from when that Luke Williams or whatever his name is left, and they have always known that the supporters would hate it.

Why do you think that they didn't sack Johnson the countless times that they should have?

13 minutes ago, Superjack said:

It's Holden.

It was always going to be Holden or MacAllister from the moment they walked into the club, or at least from when that Luke Williams or whatever his name is left, and they have always known that the supporters would hate it.

Why do you think that they didn't sack Johnson the countless times that they should have?

But if it was always going to be Holden, why not appoint him a month ago?

13 minutes ago, Superjack said:

It's Holden.

I agree 100%. I believe many fans put up with the poor football served up by LJ because it was obvious that LJs replacement would be Holden or Jamie Mac.

Lansdown does have previous for this!

I suspect that those who wish to see real change are unlikely to see it under the current ownership anytime soon.

That said, if Holden is appointed and it doesn't work out, where does Lansdown go from there?

11 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

Who would be the two managers waiting by the phone then? 

Holden and Jamie Mac ?

1 minute ago, sludge said:

I agree 100%. I believe many fans put up with the poor football served up by LJ because it was obvious that LJs replacement would be Holden or Jamie Mac.

I suspect that those who wish to see real change are unlikely to see it under the current ownership anytime soon.

That said, if Holden is appointed and it doesn't work out, where does Lansdown go from there?

Does anyone know if the tea lady is doing here UEFA badges?

1 minute ago, sludge said:

Jamie mac

9 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

Who would be the two managers waiting by the phone then? 

Holden and Dave Bootstraps of The Dog & Duck FC.  (Did well in the Nempnett Thrubwell Area Over 40s Sunday League and gave a very impressive interview performance)

4 minutes ago, sludge said:

Holden and Jamie Mac ?

Why doesn't someone go down Maccas Long Ashton coffee shop and start asking questions. Or next door is a hairdresser.... Get your hair cut and start asking questions.. they will know. Maccas wife goes in there.

And before anybody asks I may be in Manila but I have my ear to the ground me babbers.

3 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Why doesn't someone go down Maccas Long Ashton coffee shop and start asking questions. Or next door is a hairdresser.... Get your hair cut and start asking questions.. they will know. Maccas wife goes in there.

I've got no hair so might look odd ?

8 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Holden and Dave Bootstraps of The Dog & Duck FC.  (Did well in the Nempnett Thrubwell Area Over 40s Sunday League and gave a very impressive interview performance)

Don’t wanna come over all “I’m ITK” but I DO know that Dave Bootstraps has an Office 365 subscription and is VERY good with PowerPoint. 

1 hour ago, chowie said:

Funnily enough I was looking at this earlier, it’s Centreline - one of their planes went from Bristol to London about an hour ago ??

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, Southport Red said:

So Holden was holidaying in London then...

No, but flying into London???

23 minutes ago, sludge said:

Holden and Jamie Mac ?

back to watching the gas

1 minute ago, Eastend said:

I’ve just stood on my garage roof and announced myself as the new Bristol City manager.

Thank **** for that.

So, how many promotions out of the championship have you achieved?

None you say?

Eastend out, someone get the banners up :(

46 minutes ago, Superjack said:

It's Holden.

Oh, really: I've heard it all now. Conflating those two things means you really do think that "they" (I assume you mean the Board) are deliberately set on a course to damage the club.

'We know we've got a poor/unpopular manager in post, but let's leave him there because the person we're going to replace him with is even worse and even less popular' 

Come on!

Archived