IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

8 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

For what it's worth my take on today's proceedings fall broadly as follows... There was negotiation and agreement with a Manager but no room for Jamie Mac. The quid pro quo was the new Manager would accept Dean Holden as head coach because the board truly value the work he has done at the club; let's just say more than Jamie who was a very unfortunate pawn in the negotiation. 

Dean has now gone home, saddened he has lost both Lee and Jamie and with the prospect of working under a new Manager and another coach... A good offer but he is unsure he will accept.

That to me sounds a lot closer to reality.

The post by McGregor is simply a tease to us fans and I don't personally take kindly to it but he may have been asked to say it exactly like that until the finer details of Howe or Hughton s contract is agreed.

Let's wait and see folks.

For now, it serves little purpose getting upset, angry and throwing vitriol especially at our brilliant owner.

Think you’ll being a little optimistic 

9 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

For what it's worth my take on today's proceedings fall broadly as follows... There was negotiation and agreement with a Manager but no room for Jamie Mac. The quid pro quo was the new Manager would accept Dean Holden as head coach because the board truly value the work he has done at the club; let's just say more than Jamie who was a very unfortunate pawn in the negotiation. 

Dean has now gone home, saddened he has lost both Lee and Jamie and with the prospect of working under a new Manager and another coach... A good offer but he is unsure he will accept.

The post by McGregor is simply a tease to us fans and I don't personally take kindly to it but he may have been asked to say it exactly like that until the finer details of Howe or Hughton s contract is agreed.

For now, it serves little purpose getting upset, angry and throwing vitriol especially at our brilliant owner.

The reality is Holden has been offered the job. 

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We dont know that for sure yet though do we, Havanatopias post does make some sense.Also i dontreally think Mcgregor knows anything. Why would he say he’s been offered the job but is thinking about it.

The club would only say anything to him if he had accepted the role.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Relegation scrap incoming...

Yeah- you're right. The sheer backlash though, could make him think twice?

But he will back himself to make a change , a few unhappy fans in the grand scheme of things are not relevant (I don’t believe he’s the right guy the job but looking at it from his perspective)

If people are unhappy with Holden and he says no, who do we turn to next? That will be a depressing list 

7 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Or a subtle 2 fingers up at some of the fans on here not to beleive everything that gets tweeted.

If it does turn out to be Hughton or Cook i'm sure there will be lots of threads on here saying how we have the best, most ambitious board and we'll be in the PL season after next. 

I wouldn’t.

It that we’re too happen it would horrifically unprofessional and just wrong. 

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I wouldn’t.

It that we’re too happen it would horrifically unprofessional and just wrong. 

Why would that be horrifically unprofessional and wrong? There is a lot worse that goes on in the world of football. They as individuals take so much shit on here aimed at them personally that I'm sure it would be very tempting and they're only human.  If (some) fans dish it out, some have to take it too.

Just now, Loco Rojo said:

Why would that be horrifically unprofessional and wrong? There is a lot worse that goes on in the world of football. They as individuals take so much shit on here aimed at them personally that I'm sure it would be very tempting and they're only human.  If (some) fans dish it out, some have to take it too.

Maybe we have different expectations of how to act?

I don’t think a race to the bottom is one we need to win.

3 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Maybe we have different expectations of how to act?

Not necessarily - I absolutely feel people should be treated with respect. We just have different opinions. That's OK. 

I'm just saying I can understand why some people might have had enough of taking so much verbal crap from people they don't know - or people that don't know enough about this situation and what's gone on behind the scenes.

I personally don't like some of the comments aimed at the board on here.

3 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Not necessarily - I absolutely feel people should be treated with respect. We just have different opinions. That's OK. 

I'm just saying I can understand why some people might have had enough of taking so much verbal crap from people they don't know - or people that don't know enough about this situation and what's gone on behind the scenes.

I personally don't like some of the comments aimed at the board on here.

That’s fair enough.

Ive always held the belief that there’s no need for personal or offensive comments.

As for the board, I’m respectful of some things, skeptical of others and free to question the rest.

32 minutes ago, FramptonRed said:

We dont know that for sure yet though do we, Havanatopias post does make some sense.Also i dontreally think Mcgregor knows anything. Why would he say he’s been offered the job but is thinking about it.

The club would only say anything to him if he had accepted the role.

I suspect the likelihood is Holden has already accepted, or at least given an indication he is likely to accept. GMG helping buy the club a bit of time to sort contract/media. 

15 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

As I said ... As Head Coach. Firstly this may or may not be true. If it is true he may be under a manager.

Yes I wondered same on the Holden thread. JM’s departure today would make more sense to me then, i.e. Manager/DOF doesn’t want JM but does want DH. 

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Erm, why would the club wait until Dean was back in Bristol before offering him the job?  The whole world is operating by phone or zoom at the moment.  Makes absolutely no sense.

In fairness this is supposed to be his time away from football, if you offer it to him beforehand he either spends his whole holiday thinking about it and can't get his mind away from football or he's offered it before and accepts it and probably can't take his mind off football with planning etc.

I have always taken the view in life that you don't criticise until you know the outcome. At least not in the way some are just accepting, as gospel, what a journalist tweets.

Let's consider that very act for a moment. Do we assume the information is given by the club to the journalist? I assume that is the only way for certain fans to believe it so it's a yes.

Given that assumption the wording, or at least the meaning, of the text is clear. An offer has been made and it's being considered.

Let that sink in... When, if ever, have you seen a message like that? I never have. But there is a subtle message in there which in addition to what I wrote earlier is articulated further in the sky sports article that followed saying 'head coach' and then, later, when talking about Hughton it said the word 'manager'. 

I still hold my position that this is a deputy role and fine details are being negotiated with Howe or Hughton and Dean is considering if he wishes to work with a new boss.

Had he been offered a Head Coach position with no 'Manager' above him I do not believe for one moment he would have asked for a weekend to consider it and nor would the City hierarchy have obliged him in it. 

You don't go home and think about the best job you have ever been offered when the season starts on Monday. 

14 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Not a chance.

You don’t have a head coach & a manager.

6 minutes ago, Riaz said:

What would be the point of agreeing to be a head coach under a manager ???

Thats basically his job now. Under a different name.

think people ?

The titles are irrelevant. The messaging and actions here are not.

14 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Not a chance.

“We’re Bristol City - we’ll have what we want!”. :laugh:.

Our goal GIFs were groundbreaking at the time maybe our new Management structure will be now aswell.

Then again - probably not!

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Not a chance.

You're right Graham, but what I don't understand is why Dean supposedly needs the weekend to make a decision. Is he really concerned about a supporter backlash? Having met Dean he seems a very personable guy. 

2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

It really is the only explanation that makes any kind of sense..  I’ve assumed all along that the issue might be which of the backroom staff support the new man (who I thought would be Cook), and the main question was whether he would accept Holden as his deputy.  I hadn’t expected Jamie Mac to go, but that in itself is a strong argument against Dean getting the top job.  The silence also suggests that there is a big story to come, which the club have been careful not to leak.  If they were thinking of appointing a Dean, surely they would have wanted to leak it?

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Because the Bristol Post says so, or do you have proof?

10 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

You're right Graham, but what I don't understand is why Dean supposedly needs the weekend to make a decision. Is he really concerned about a supporter backlash? Having met Dean he seems a very personable guy. 

He’s considering whether he wants to be no. 2 to the new manager...

4 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Because the Bristol Post says so, or do you have proof?

There’s not much reason to doubt.

during the last 5 weeks, McGregor has been the only person getting things right.

When many media outlets were saying we were about to appoint Hughton, he come out and said that’s not true and an appointment was not imminent.

he was spot on.

Chances are, he’s right. 

5 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

He’s considering whether he wants to be no. 2 to the new manager...

I hope your are right, but thats not how its coming over.

Maybe when the cider and wine have worn off I'll be more receptive to what you are saying - it does make sense.

Archived