IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

1 minute ago, Galley is our king said:

But head coach under a DOF? 

Maybe CH feels that at his age and having been out of the game on a day to day basis, DOF suits him best now?

We won’t appoint DOF. 

I’m sure one of the main reasons we will appoint Holden, is because he fits into the current structure....

4 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

You realise your rep on here will be trashed if, on Monday, they announce DH as our mew HC - full stop....... 

I am not seeking a reputation. I merely wish to point out what I was told which you can read a few pages back, ref MA, and what I explained which I believe to be a logical analysis of why this has taken as long as it has vis a vis the events of the past 24 hours. 

Moreover, I would suggest those who have castigated the ownership will likely be chastised by many. Emotions run high, I get that, but some of the things said are a bit over the top.

That said one fact remains that I think we can all agree on; the PR management of this process has been appalling and needs repairing by the club... That may be put to the back for a while IF news comes through that my thoughts are borne out. 

If not the club will reap the whirlwind.

A new structure remains plausible in my eyes. Let's say the top job was offered to DH. Whoever gets the top job decides on the coaches right? Well that's the way it was when LJ was at the club. He picked his coaches. Yet JM is sacked whilst DH is on holiday. It doesn't  make sense, unless someone else is involved. Then the whole illogical fiasco would have some coherence. We'll just have to wait and see.

5 hours ago, havanatopia said:

I am not seeking a reputation. I merely wish to point out what I was told which you can read a few pages back, ref MA, and what I explained which I believe to be a logical analysis of why this has taken as long as it has vis a vis the events of the past 24 hours. 

Moreover, I would suggest those who have castigated the ownership will likely be chastised by many. Emotions run high, I get that, but some of the things said are a bit over the top.

That said one fact remains that I think we can all agree on; the PR management of this process has been appalling and needs repairing by the club... That may be put to the back for a while IF news comes through that my thoughts are borne out. 

If not the club will reap the whirlwind.

Totally agree that the reactions have been OTT given it is all just rumours. 

I prefer to wait until it is official before passing any judgement on the owners. One thing that is difficult to dispute is that the PR has been a disaster as you say. 

I hope your suspicions turn out to be right but I fear the worst. 

We have set ourselves back many years with this lack of ambition selection.

I just can't for the life of me fathom out the logic!?!

Proven manager/coach with impressive credentials with a lot of humility and integrity who will easily fit in as a Bristol City person with an impressive CV who's turned down many opportunities who's played and managed at the highest level and who WANTS to take Bristol City to the next level.

V

A coach who's been part of the flawed decision making that got the previous head coach the sack who's head coaching record runs to an unimaginative stint at Oldham and a mere five games at this level with no pressure but who is a nice bloke.

If you looked at this objectively there can only be one logical outcome with who is selected.

If something isn't working and you replace it with exactly the same thing it would be folly to think it will change, wouldn't it?????

1 minute ago, Swede said:

We have set ourselves back many years with this lack of ambition selection.

I just can't for the life of me fathom out the logic!?!

Proven manager/coach with impressive credentials with a lot of humility and integrity who will easily fit in as a Bristol City person with an impressive CV who's turned down many opportunities who's played and managed at the highest level and who WANTS to take Bristol City to the next level.

V

A coach who's been part of the flawed decision making that got the previous head coach the sack who's head coaching record runs to an unimaginative stint at Oldham and a mere five games at this level with no pressure but who is a nice bloke.

If you looked at this objectively there can only be one logical outcome with who is selected.

If something isn't working and you replace it with exactly the same thing it would be folly to think it will change, wouldn't it?????

I'm fed up with us appointing "nice blokes". We need a nasty, successful bastard. 

2 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

I prefer to wait until it is official before passing any judgement on the owners. One thing that is difficult to dispute is that the PR has been a disaster as you say. 

We can only hope. 

2 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

I'm sure its only rumours, Hughton's still just dotting the i's and crossing the t's

On 07/08/2020 at 20:57, Kid in the Riot said:

I suspect the likelihood is Holden has already accepted, or at least given an indication he is likely to accept. GMG helping buy the club a bit of time to sort contract/media. 

I think it's obvious by loans being agreed and players getting released that Holden has been offered the job in some way shape or form.

27 minutes ago, BcfcDuncs said:

Its happening, here comes the twist ?

A simple, short and very well conjugated sentence. The best bit? .... its hilarious!!!!!

27 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Yes, but loads on here hate him & he went to Middlesborough

I thought he went to Watford and then got sacked... blimey imagine if we had appointed Nigel Pearson... he would have torn this league apart with us next season. Auto promotion without a doubt. What could have been... arghhhh but wait, Its not over yet ;) 

Archived