IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

To be fair to Hughton he is probably thinking - “hmmmm 3 months work at Watford for a 3 year contract - not a bad gig as I head towards retirement“.

If they aren’t top at Xmas he will he sacked but everyone will just see it as Watford being mercenaries again so his reputation will still be in tact.

Is anyone surprised? 

If we REALLY wanted him, and was convinced he was our man, I'm fairly sure we could have had him in place 2 weeks ago, before any other clubs even entered the mix. 

19 minutes ago, Cardy said:

To be fair to Hughton he is probably thinking - “hmmmm 3 months work at Watford for a 3 year contract - not a bad gig as I head towards retirement“.

If they aren’t top at Xmas he will he sacked but everyone will just see it as Watford being mercenaries again so his reputation will still be in tact.

Quite so. 

2 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Or is it just fantasy.....

Well, clearly, if there was a vote for a new gaffer Hughton would win by a landslide but there is simply no escaping reality; we are also rans compared to parachute watford.

3 hours ago, Leveller said:

Just a quick thought. How do any of us really know that Hughton’s interest is any more genuine than Gerrard’s? Granted, he’s out of work and it makes sense, but who first claimed he was interested? 

Sky Sports first claimed he was interested a few weeks back. No one got particularly excited about Hughton before that point if I recall correctly but it was a name many wanted.

3 hours ago, Lez said:

You get their information wrong on hughton and now you get information wrong on me there is a common theme here.

Surprised you could be arsed to draw a comparison to be honest. You’re not one to talk about common themes, Lezzer.

Just now, bcfc01 said:

He said he didn't think so...

Not that I believe he has a scooby about it anyway.

But if there was a short list of 3 last week, why did we interview hughton on Friday,

Also said about managers who are in a job,

Confusing  

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

But if there was a short list of 3 last week, why did we interview hughton on Friday,

Also said about managers who are in a job,

Confusing  

Agree, the Hughton interview on Friday doesn’t fit if he was “not on the shortlist” last week.

If he’d interviewed and it had gone badly, I’d guess some leak would come out to lessen the enthusiasm.

I’d suspect the final three are Neil, Lowe and Hughton. I’d be happy with any of those, in the order of Hughton, Neil and Lowe.

4 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Agree, the Hughton interview on Friday doesn’t fit if he was “not on the shortlist” last week.

If he’d interviewed and it had gone badly, I’d guess some leak would come out to lessen the enthusiasm.

I’d suspect the final three are Neil, Lowe and Hughton. I’d be happy with any of those, in the order of Hughton, Neil and Lowe.

Its frustrating that's for sure,

But we just have to wait and see, whoever it is will get my support no matter how underwhelmed I'll be,

Just now, RedEyez said:

Here ya go 

94AA851D-1DE0-4D49-9681-2FEFF111623E.jpeg

yea but he said the shortlist of 3 was last week,

And we know hughton was interviewed on Friday, I wouldnt trust that tweet, and nihon doesn't have the best of track records with us,

We'll just have to wait and see

8 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Are we likely to be chasing Neil if, according to GMcG and others, there is a £3m release clause in his contract? Can't see that is good value compared to other options. 

This saga has all the hallmarks of employing someone completely off the radar.

Absolutely no clues from anywhere, just gossip and rumour doing the rounds among journos.

Or maybe its just a complete **** up :shocking:

3 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Here ya go 

94AA851D-1DE0-4D49-9681-2FEFF111623E.jpeg

Someone posted that earlier - he knows jack shite about City.

Archived