IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

15 minutes ago, SX227 said:

Jeez lighten up people.

If Lez wants to troll - let him.

Robbo's been doing it for years.

It's a forum.

If he wants to call out harry or KITR - then let him.

He will either look clever or a dick.

I know which way I'd bet, but that's neither here nor there.

Personally - I think it's a welcome bit of banter in what is becoming a sad situation.

From Prem contenders to managerless and rudderless ship in a matter of months.

Every day that passes makes it harder for players to be retained / sold / bought.

Thats more concerning than Lez/ Lesley / Simon / Londoner trolling a few people.

All we know for sure is Flynn,Robins, Hughton have been interviewed. People like Gerrard were sounded out. Chancers like Fowler put himself in the frame.

I'm sure people can add others to the list of 'interviewed' - if you can, please do.

As it stands, Harry and KITR say Hughton is still #1 choice, so that's good enough for me until proved incorrect.

It is ominous that betting is re-opened and Watford seem keen.

Not what you would hope for with our #1 choice.

Like many others, I can see Hughton going elsewhere and mass disappointment for the forum.

Personally - Robins, with Flynn as #2 would be my guess if Hughton goes elsewhere.

And that's only because I am 100% certain they have both been interviewed, and both are keen.

Again, it's a forum - and I really hate the public calling for bannings of posters.

People wanna troll - let them. Don't nibble and they go away.

Wheres Katchina when you need a wind-up!

Even if not Hughton- and he'll be in demand no doubt and this process has taken some while.

We can surely with respect to those two, do better? Slightly lower than Hughton but higher than those 2 certainly. Cook or Jokanovic are two other strong choices for me if Hughton interview or he got a stronger offer from say Watford- or Fulham if they stay down (perhaps even if they go up- Hughton and Parker could work as a team there).

Who knows who we will get but even if not Hughton, I maintain- we should be aiming for more than Robins, Flynn or some combination of the two IMO.

7 hours ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Bel-Air 

And before you say bollocks, you started making up stories. 

Bel Air, Manila is nout to write home about mind. 

7 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

This is better than the season was

Not hard as others have said.

Has Pearson been disparaging of City in the past? I seem to recall someone saying so not that SL would consider the fella I personally feel he would not be a bad choice. Others may be better, for sure, but they may slowly be falling through the grasp like sand through fingers as the cogitation continues apace.

3 hours ago, SX227 said:

Jeez lighten up people.

It's a forum.

Personally - I think it's a welcome bit of banter in what is becoming a sad situation.

Every day that passes makes it harder for players to be retained / sold / bought.

Thats more concerning than Lez/ Lesley / Simon / Londoner trolling a few people.

All we know for sure is Flynn,Robins, Hughton have been interviewed. People like Gerrard were sounded out. Chancers like Fowler put himself in the frame.

I'm sure people can add others to the list of 'interviewed' - if you can, please do.

As it stands, Harry and KITR say Hughton is still #1 choice, so that's good enough for me until proved incorrect.

Like many others, I can see Hughton going elsewhere and mass disappointment for the forum.

Personally - Robins, with Flynn as #2 would be my guess if Hughton goes elsewhere.

And that's only because I am 100% certain they have both been interviewed, and both are keen.

Again, it's a forum - and I really hate the public calling for bannings of posters.

Kachina-prison

As for the betting, there's been no movement over night on hughton,

1/4 to us

8/1 to watford

Puel is far at Watford 3/1

Alex Neil is 2nd favourite here at 8/1 

25 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Kachina-prison

As for the betting, there's been no movement over night on hughton,

1/4 to us

8/1 to watford

Puel is far at Watford 3/1

Alex Neil is 2nd favourite here at 8/1 

Strange that the market has reopened - I suspect the bookies were expecting a quick appointment.  Lowe 12/1

7 minutes ago, daored said:

Strange that the market has reopened - I suspect the bookies were expecting a quick appointment.  Lowe 12/1

The market reopening was a given, it closed on Friday expecting him to be appointed its Tuesday and no one has been appointed yet,

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

we should be aiming for more than Robins, Flynn or some combination of the two IMO

Absolutely....

Would be galling to feel with the new appointment/s,,,,,"what then was the point in firing Lee" ???.

And a damning indictment of Steve Lansdown?

4 hours ago, SX227 said:

Jeez lighten up people.

It's a forum.

Agree 100%, I'm not into banning people from forums, can't believe so many people are getting their knickers in a twist though, he's so obviously on a wind-up so just ignore him

11 hours ago, Lez said:

With the amount of cash I have In the bank no chance.

8 hours ago, Superjack said:

Oh Jesus Christ....

No, he's just a very naughty boy!

8 hours ago, Superjack said:

8 hours ago, Mendip City said:

I thought about that. Just being a bloody annoying, smug, wind-up merchant probably isn’t against the rules but it makes this a poorer place. 

Exactly this, and it's why I've reported a few of the posts. How can having a wind up merchant who contributes nothing to the forum be a good thing and allowed to stand? 

It puts posters like myself off from posting, and makes this place much worse. The guy likes the sound of his own voice, and posts at every opportunity. 

3 minutes ago, Akira said:

Exactly this, and it's why I've reported a few of the posts. How can having a wind up merchant who contributes nothing to the forum be a good thing and allowed to stand? 

It puts posters like myself off from posting, and makes this place much worse. The guy likes the sound of his own voice, and posts at every opportunity. 

Pathetic..

Trying to get someone a ban.

Get outa' the nursery.

8 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Pathetic..

Trying to get someone a ban.

Get outa' the nursery.

Ah, perfect. Someone to defend the troll by slinging the 'grow up' insult. 

If you think someone constantly posting shite, bragging about this and that, and just being an obnoxious ****t is good for the forum, then it says a lot more about you than me, sadly. 

9 hours ago, Superjack said:

Thanks.

I'll be disregarding your choice then.

because he did so badly ?

Established us as a top half club after being relegation candidates.

You probably just want a big name.

There's plenty of speculation and hype that we've built up about getting Hughton that if we went for someone else I could see a bit of a backlash from the fan base. 

Of course on paper he's an attractive option but maybe it's worth considering if we go for someone else less 'proven' it could still be a successful choice. 

Consider the managers of the top 6 this season:

Bielsa - came with a great reputation but this had come from coaching rather than winning silverware. Also never managed in England
Bilic - arguably the most 'proven' with relative success with West Ham in the prem
Frank - only had one job managing mens football in Denmark before joining Brentford as assistant then head coach
Parker - months of experience getting relegated from the Prem with Fulham
Harris - success getting millwall out of L1 but hadn't taken a team up from this league (and won't based on last night!)
Cooper - had only managed youth teams

Season before?

Farke - only had success in German lower divisions, had never managed in England
Wilder - only had success in the lower leagues
Smith - had built a good reputation with his style of football but hadn't won promotion until going up with Villa

My point is we're all calling for Hughton because he's 'been there and done it'. I can understand why completely, as I said on paper it looks like a good appointment, however there's more to it than whether a coach has done it before. There's little point on us getting Hughton in if he isn't aligned with how we want to operate as a club so if we don't get Hughton try and trust the board, get behind the new man and remember some of the examples above which worked out well despite little or no success in England or the Championship. 

3 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

There's plenty of speculation and hype that we've built up about getting Hughton that if we went for someone else I could see a bit of a backlash from the fan base. 

Of course on paper he's an attractive option but maybe it's worth considering if we go for someone else less 'proven' it could still be a successful choice. 

Consider the managers of the top 6 this season:

Bielsa - came with a great reputation but this had come from coaching rather than winning silverware. Also never managed in England
Bilic - arguably the most 'proven' with relative success with West Ham in the prem
Frank - only had one job managing mens football in Denmark before joining Brentford as assistant then head coach
Parker - months of experience getting relegated from the Prem with Fulham
Harris - success getting millwall out of L1 but hadn't taken a team up from this league (and won't based on last night!)
Cooper - had only managed youth teams

Season before?

Farke - only had success in German lower divisions, had never managed in England
Wilder - only had success in the lower leagues
Smith - had built a good reputation with his style of football but hadn't won promotion until going up with Villa

My point is we're all calling for Hughton because he's 'been there and done it'. I can understand why completely, as I said on paper it looks like a good appointment, however there's more to it than whether a coach has done it before. There's little point on us getting Hughton in if he isn't aligned with how we want to operate as a club so if we don't get Hughton try and trust the board, get behind the new man and remember some of the examples above which worked out well despite little or no success in England or the Championship. 

Hay!!!! You can’t be posting sensible well thought out posts like that on here!!!

Hughton is not happening IMO.

I think we're more likely to see a foreign coach employed, more in the mould of Farke. 

If it is going to be somebody in this country already, then I'm now edging towards more of a Lowe appointment.

I'd still like to see Hughton announced, but the longer this has gone on, the more unlikely it seems to get.

8 minutes ago, Taz said:

I think we're more likely to see a foreign coach employed, more in the mould of Farke. 

If it is going to be somebody in this country already, then I'm now edging towards more of a Lowe appointment.

I'd still like to see Hughton announced, but the longer this has gone on, the more unlikely it seems to get.

Arne Slot was mentioned early on - there’s no particular reason to think he’s being considered, but could be the sort the club would be interested in.

I sincerely believe Hughton is the man to take city forward, you can't argue with his CV and in my opinion it's a "no brainer" to appoint him if we can. If it's not Hughton; and surely if the board saw things the same way as the majority of us he would have been offered the job by now; then I think the most likely outcome will be the appointment of The Cowleys. They would seem to fit the city mould of coaches who can bring the best out of young players and are very much hands on. It wouldn't be that much of a culture shift from The Johnson Era. Whether it would work and whether they would attract the right calibre of player to the club is a different matter 

Hughton tends to stick to 433 and picks trusted players week in week out -He is highly respected all over the game and surely has contacts with many players who would be glad to work for him. I think he is more of disciplinarian but in my opinion is still the best option. 

26 minutes ago, Riaz said:

because he did so badly ?

Established us as a top half club after being relegation candidates.

You probably just want a big name.

If you're happy for the club to finish mid table every season while playing dreadful unwatchable football that empties the AG stands LJ was doing just fine.

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

If you're happy for the club to finish mid table every season while playing dreadful unwatchable football that empties the AG stands LJ was doing just fine.

'Empties the Ashton Gate stands'. City had their highest average attendances since the late 70s with Johnson in charge.

27 minutes ago, Taz said:

If Lowe is a Cotterill type figure who can create a great squad spirit, inspire every player to play to their best, get the fans enthused again by playing exciting football, and all the while also not putting the board's nose out of joint so we present a united front as a club, then we could do a lot worse.

Same applies to Cook.

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

If Lowe is a Cotterill type figure who can create a great squad spirit, inspire every player to play to their best, get the fans enthused again by playing exciting football, and all the while also not putting the board's nose out of joint so we present a united front as a club, then we could do a lot worse.

Same applies to Cook.

I think Lowe comes across well, but going from Plymouth/Bury to a Championship club is a huge jump.

Has he got what it takes to manage players with egos? Lot of millionaires at this level and players who have played in the top flight. 

Just now, Badger08 said:

Mate, this. 

Have you noticed throughout the years, that we as a fan base are always wrong haha.

Whenever we get excited about something, it's rubbish, and when we are annoyed about it, it always turns out for the best. 

Yep!  You can just see it happening! 

Archived