IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

3 minutes ago, Jacki said:

This is hilarious.... nobody has the slightest clue what's going on!! 

The forum is actually eating itself alive, i'm just sitting back and admiring its complete meltdown. 

8 minutes ago, TomF said:

The forum is actually eating itself alive, i'm just sitting back and admiring its complete meltdown. 

It’s a joy to behold. People completely losing their minds right, left and centre over a myriad of things that haven’t even happened yet ?

6 minutes ago, Desso said:

Sitting back? We're not paying you to sit back. Do some work. ?

I'm actually writing up some IS0 27001 documents.  It's a toss up of what is worse.. the forum eating itself or the document. 

1 minute ago, Nuno Gomez said:

As long as it can cope @TomF

I expect it might slow/wobble when Paul Hughton is appointed but we'll be alright. 

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

:redcard:

I know it's endorsed by Tom, but that's just wrong, wrong, wrong.

Straight red. No chance of card being rescinded.

Quite impartial to a Cloudy Lemon/Haze mixer myself.  

Just now, sinenomine said:

Should be a forum ban.

Be tough to ban the man who makes it all work, SM, but I firmly believe that cider should taste of apples and nothing else.

A friend once made me undertake a blindfold taste test of Brothers Parma Violet Cider.

I'm still having therapy.

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

Be tough to ban the man who makes it all work, SM, but I firmly believe that cider should taste of apples and nothing else.

A friend once made me undertake a blindfold taste test of Brothers Parma Violet Cider.

I'm still having therapy.

If it means the forum is offline for a few days, it would probably do a few people on here the world of good!

As for the therapy, have a a hatful of Black Rat and you'll forget all about the Parma Violet nonsense. 

43 minutes ago, Taz said:

So the story that he was appointed last week wasn't true, and now the story stating that he isn't joining isn't true

I suspect the truth is:

hughton turns down our terms 

telegraph reports it

city tell Gregor it’s not true. They don’t want to appear rejected, nor show any other candidate that they weren’t first choice. Better to say nothing is decided and then pick someone else. 

23 minutes ago, Jacki said:

It’s a joy to behold. People completely losing their minds right, left and centre over a myriad of things that haven’t even happened yet ?

Apparently, this thread is being studied by the psychology department at Bristol Uni.

Loads of material :laughcont:

2 minutes ago, eric04 said:

I suspect the truth is:

hughton turns down our terms 

telegraph reports it

city tell Gregor it’s not true. They don’t want to appear rejected, nor show any other candidate that they weren’t first choice. Better to say nothing is decided and then pick someone else. 

I don’t believe City are telling Gregor or James anything.  Suspect their sources are not City, but Agents and other contacts.

• Admin
57 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

He isnt the problem the post is but credit where credits due

When we look back through all the wrong names and rumours around the net I would bet the majority have come from Bristol Live

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t believe City are telling Gregor or James anything.  Suspect their sources are not City, but Agents and other contacts.

and bookies, they must be making a fortune on all this nonsense

The amount of times the favourites and odds have changed is hilarious

Just now, phantom said:

When we look back through all the wrong names and rumours around the net I would bet the majority have come from Bristol Live

They are saying holden in the final list 

If holden gets it I'm done with the club

9 minutes ago, sinenomine said:

If it means the forum is offline for a few days, it would probably do a few people on here the world of good!

As for the therapy, have a a hatful of Black Rat and you'll forget all about the Parma Violet nonsense. 

If its any consolation I've generally been drinking vintage lately. 

23 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

They are saying holden in the final list 

If holden gets it I'm done with the club

Was thinking a week or so ago that Holden as, essentially, filler, on a 12 month ‘prove it’ type deal isn’t miles down my pecking order.

Don't get me wrong, after Gerrard/Hughton it would be hugely, hugely underwhelming but I genuinely believe, contrary to what his appointment would imply, the club are aiming high. If you can't come to terms with the targets you think take you to the next level - Gerrard, Hughton, let’s throw Jokanovic etc in there as well, do you give Ryan Lowe a 2/3 year deal, turn to Robins who you don’t really want, or let Holden carry on in the hope that when a better opportunity presents itself it is no longer needed.

I can’t see they’ll give it to Holden, it wouldn’t wash, would scream from the rooftops that we tried and failed with other candidates. I suspect the interview is in part courtesy and could pave the way for him leaving the club with a feather in his cap. But, without doubt, I’d rather they sat tight with Holden than appointed someone they weren’t sold on.

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

Bristol City’s hopes of landing Chris Hughton as manager have faded after failing to strike an agreement with the former Brighton boss. 

Hughton, 61, held talks over succeeding Lee Johnson following his dismissal earlier this month as Championship play-off hopes tumbled, but it is thought the club will look at other options after failing to make a breakthrough with discussions.

Paul Cook is expected to be in contention following his resignation at Wigan Athletic, where he only suffered relegation due to going into administration and suffering a 12-point penalty. 

Hughton is still expected to be in the running for jobs, one year on from his departure at the Amex Stadium where he kept Brighton in the Premier League for two consecutive seasons following automatic promotion from the Championship. He was also promoted with Newcastle before spells with Birmingham City and Norwich City.

Bristol City chief executive Mark Ashton has been biding his time over an appointment, with Dean Holden taking charge of the last five games of the season as caretaker and only suffering one defeat. 

Johnson, 39, had been in charge at Ashton Gate for four years and earned a reputation as a promising young manager after keeping the club in the Championship and finishing eighth in his final full season, four points off the play-off places. 

During his time at the club, young talent from Premier League clubs have been given chances on loan with players such as Tammy Abraham, Kasey Palmer and Ryan Kent getting short-term deals. 

Johnson was dismissed after a run of nine games without a win, including seven defeats, after looking contenders for a play-off place earlier in the campaign. They ended up finishing in 12th place, seven points off top six and a chance at fighting for promotion.  

Reads like a writing assignment, when you've had to copy every piece of information and stitch it together.

Does not look like an sightful piece of journolism to me

Archived