Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

I've heard we're still trying to do a deal with Hughton. No less likely than it was a few days ago, apparently. 

Cook is likely third choice. He was going to leave Wigan anyway, the timing is not related to us or Brum. 

Make of that what you will...

My feeling is the club are pissing around at the moment with little clear direction or purpose. Concerning. 

Who’s second choice then? Holden?

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I've heard we're still trying to do a deal with Hughton. No less likely than it was a few days ago, apparently. 

Cook is likely third choice. He was going to leave Wigan anyway, the timing is not related to us or Brum. 

My feeling is the club are pissing around at the moment with little clear direction or purpose. Concerning. 

How disheartening. I would rather they took another 2 months than give DH the job 

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I'm impressed that we are looking at managers like Chris Hughton and Paul Cook, it shows we're moving in the right direction, both great managers.

With that being said, I feel like we are kidding ourselves. I mean can we really, and I mean can we really, kid ourselves? I don't think either of them can possibly compare to saying yes like Dean Holden can!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, TomF said:

I'm actually writing up some IS0 27001 documents.  It's a toss up of what is worse.. the forum eating itself or the document. 

27k, S&M mags for security professionals.

You'll tell me that you are studying for CISSP next.

29 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Possibly in our eyes, but not from their point of view - bloke has done a reasonable job and worked hard for the last few years 

It's not relevant how hard he's worked as an assistant to a sacked manager- that's the very least to be expected - he's obviously not the right man for the job.

I'd have thought they'd have more important things to do right now than wasting everybody's time on such PC nonsense.

Time is of the essence, just get on with it City. :angry:

22 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I suspect he submitted a formal application and has been given an interview out of courtesy.

Would be very, very surprised if he really is in serious contention. 

No need to be courteous to that extent - just politely, but firmly, tell him, 'thanks for the application, but NO'.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

It's not relevant how hard he's worked as an assistant to a sacked manager- that's the very least to be expected - he's obviously not the right man for the job.

I'd have thought they'd have more important things to do right now than wasting everybody's time on such PC nonsense.

Time is of the essence, just get on with it City. :angry:

No need to be courteous to that extent - just politely, but firmly, tell him, 'thanks for the application, but NO'.

Sorry, but thats ridiculous. It's not as if we're saying CH can you wait outside so we can interview our current Caretaker manager. Holden is likely to leave the club when the new manger comes in - what if he goes off and manages elsewhere and is very successful? What if we then want to employ him? It not as though everything else has to go on hold to interview Holden. Personally I'm glad we're a club who have enough class to do this kind of thing. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Can't imagine why.

Just a waste of time, surely?

You could give Holden an interview early doors out of courtesy. Get a bottle of red and out and have a chat about football. 

But you don't shortlist him in the final 3 or four. What happens if the preferred options all fall through?!

• Like 1

For me it is as simple as this. 

A). Holden (as Assistant to LJ) is either partly responsible for the poor performance of the team this last season, or

B). He was stealing SL’s money by taking a salary and doing nothing. 

I don’t see a C) option. 

Edited by Southport Red
4 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

A). Holden (as Assistant to LJ) is either partly responsible for the poor performance of the team this last season, or

I don’t see a C) option. 

C) Given the hubris of LJ, he was only ever going to be putting cones out and collecting training bibs so to speak?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm impressed that we are looking at managers like Chris Hughton and Paul Cook, it shows we're moving in the right direction, both great managers.

With that being said, I feel like we are kidding ourselves. I mean can we really, and I mean can we really, kid ourselves? I don't think either of them can possibly compare to saying yes like Dean Holden can!

I always tried it on with best looking girls on a night out..........but never took one home 

32 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

I don’t see a C) option. 

C the above?

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I do wonder if this happens as a result of the way SL runs it in reality while JL and MA are doing the legwork.

They may have their own ideas on trying to do a deal but always have to go back to Steve. You can see how this would cause delay/paralysis in making decisions. 

39 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Sorry, but thats ridiculous. It's not as if we're saying CH can you wait outside so we can interview our current Caretaker manager. Holden is likely to leave the club when the new manger comes in - what if he goes off and manages elsewhere and is very successful? What if we then want to employ him? It not as though everything else has to go on hold to interview Holden. Personally I'm glad we're a club who have enough class to do this kind of thing. 

They've seen him about the club as the failed managers' failing assistant for ages.

You think it's 'classy' to consider him, I see it as a pathetic gesture and they're taking the piss out of the fans after leading us to believe there is no shortage of serious, experienced applicants.

• Like 3
  • Flames 2
1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Encouraging that its not dead in the water with Hughton at least. I wonder what is holding things up, his demands possibly? 

• phantom changed the title to Chris Hughton