Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I reckon we've strung this out so CH can take the Watford job, get sacked, pick up a bundle of compo and then be appointed here, and all before the start of pre-season.

I reckon we have messed him about for that long in the hope he will go somewhere so the spineless board can say well we wanted to sign  him but he went somewhere be else. We needed him more than he needed us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

I reckon we have messed him about for that long in the hope he will go somewhere so the spineless board can say well we wanted to sign  him but he went somewhere be else. We needed him more than he needed us.

Well aren't you a ray of sunshine?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, xerox6060 said:

I'm speculating... perhaps the drawbacks are the cost of appointing Hughton (and his team) and also that SL really wants a long term appointment and maybe does not see Hughton as in the mould ..

If they’ve kept CH hanging around since the day after LJ was sacked he may well have a bit of mould on his suit. Warm weather, bit of rain, trying to shelter back of the Lansdown.

Link to post
Share on other sites

CH done and dusted ages ago, players already knew before their break, just can’t be announced til after July, but he’s been busy behind the scenes signing loads of players & it’ll be announced with the kit

the above is not true as far as I know, but the way this past few weeks have been something fishy is going on 🧐

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Loosey Boy said:

Gonna be CH - he’s been the big mover today; almost as if City have been negotiating with him and have now come to an agreement 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Like several different people over the course of the last week each day 🙃

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nugget said:

CH done and dusted ages ago, players already knew before their break, just can’t be announced til after July, but he’s been busy behind the scenes signing loads of players & it’ll be announced with the kit

the above is not true as far as I know, but the way this past few weeks have been something fishy is going on 🧐

 

Should be announced with Houghton WEARING the kit 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Saunders87 said:

Neil an experienced manager in the championship with promotions on his CV from the division ...

Neil got Norwich promoted via the play offs in 2015 - who else has he promoted then?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely the sensible solution would be , narrow down to let’s say 5 or 6 

place a poll on line and ask for fans options / choice , then in 2-3 , 6 months time if all is not going to plan and section 82 is calling for the managers head at least the board can say , you had a choice , let’s give him time ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Robins 82 said:

Surely the sensible solution would be , narrow down to let’s say 5 or 6 

place a poll on line and ask for fans options / choice , then in 2-3 , 6 months time if all is not going to plan and section 82 is calling for the managers head at least the board can say , you had a choice , let’s give him time ? 

And get Gasheads interfering with it like the Russians?

I don't think so.

  • Robin 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, xerox6060 said:

I'm speculating... perhaps the drawbacks are the cost of appointing Hughton (and his team) and also that SL really wants a long term appointment and maybe does not see Hughton as in the mould ..

Maybe. I don’t think cost comes into it if the club is seriously considering paying Neil’s £3m buyout, that could cover Hughton’s salary for almost three years. If cost is a problem, we simply sell some high earners (Diedhiou will likely be one who leaves anyway this summer) and reallocate those funds to Hughton. 

The days of a long-term appointment are sadly gone. Howe and Dyche, the second and third longest-serving managers are likely to leave this summer. SL should get with the times and appoint the best manager available to get us into the PL, if that’s what he wants. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...