Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Chris Hughton

1 hour ago, Roger Red Hat said:

No, I think Erudite was an ancient Greek goddess who was particularly keen on a bit of hanky panky.

No, that was Anthracite.

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

Definitely right it doesn't mean much considering they're still offering odds for 2 managers, Karanka and Harry Kewell, who have both landed other jobs this week.

Cotts looks interesting at 80/1.

Nick, it would be far easier if we just went back in time to May 2015 and persuade Steve L to buy Andre Gray and Harry Maguire, and properly back the team that Cotts got promoted from League One. While you're doing that I'll pop over to China and tell the Wujan Clan that eating bats is a bad idea. Back to the future and we'll be a Premier League stalwart and Cotts will have been awarded the freedom of Bristol. Definitely, a dry Natchthorn day.

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Jon Lansdown awake on twitter. Perhaps a 5pm announcement?! 

I think they’d drag it out until 8 or 9. If it’s tonight, they’ll tweet mundane things on the hour from the official account to create a bit of tension. Release a teaser at 8.45 or 8.50 before a big video reveal on the hour. JL will also continue to tweet cryptically over the next few hours if something is afoot so that’s something to look out for.

Same playbook as Kalas/Palmer last summer. It’s likely the media, probably Durden or maybe O’Rouke, will tweet before it’s ‘officially’ announced.

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Something is going on. The reassuring thing is Lansdown wouldn’t bother teasing the fans if it was Holden. My guess is probably Hughton, announced tonight or tomorrow.

Could well be Cook given his resignation.

5F14C639-4441-4DD8-AC93-4C8DD16D00D7.jpeg

8838E924-DFA4-4B58-AFCF-0F1B537F490A.jpeg

9A1B44F4-13C8-4A83-9233-CB1506E7B200.jpeg

My hopelessly optimistic take is that Lansdown will know pretty much everyone wants Hughton and he wouldn’t be engaging in this sort of tease if it was anyone else.

• Like 6

Why does this mean something is happening? It's not his photo and he seems to just be correcting the person who posted it.

I get it's sudden banter that you'd hope he wouldn't engage in unless something is imminent, but I'd still put nothing past him.

With that said, while I want Cook, if something is happening it can't be up on the roof now, so recorded before Cook resigned.

23 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Nick, it would be far easier if we just went back in time to May 2015 and persuade Steve L to buy Andre Gray and Harry Maguire, and properly back the team that Cotts got promoted from League One. While you're doing that I'll pop over to China and tell the Wujan Clan that eating bats is a bad idea. Back to the future and we'll be a Premier League stalwart and Cotts will have been awarded the freedom of Bristol. Definitely, a dry Natchthorn day.

We had time bids accepted the players didn't want to come here, as for maguire we had everything agreed and then our dog at the time thought he could get a better deal and it fell through

12 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yep my thoughts too, hence why I posted here and not the Paul Cook thread! 

I dont mind ether cook hughton and adkins all good managers one standout one decent and one up and coming,

Hughton

Cook

Adkins

Me

Lez

Holden

In that order

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Olé said:

Why does this mean something is happening? It's not his photo and he seems to just be correcting the person who posted it.

I get it's sudden banter that you'd hope he wouldn't engage in unless something is imminent, but I'd still put nothing past him.

With that said, while I want Cook, if something is happening it can't be up on the roof now, so recorded before Cook resigned.

I’m pretty certain something is going on, it’s exactly what I’d expect Jon Lansdown to do if something was imminent.

• Robin 1
4 minutes ago, Redpool said:

With Cook resignation confirmed today. JL and BT now "on to something". I'll put two and two together and guess Cook is incoming as HC/Manager. 

But it can't be on the roof today because the Sports Bar is open for the FA Cup so someone would have seen it and tweeted about it by now.

Which means it was done before today and can't be Cook - probably Hughton. Perhaps the balance of his Brighton contract expired July 31st.

• Like 4
Just now, Olé said:

But it can't be on the roof today because the Sports Bar is open for the FA Cup so someone would have seen it and tweeted about it by now.

Which means it was done before today and can't be Cook - probably Hughton. Perhaps the balance of his Brighton contract expired July 31st.

Unless it hasn't been done on the roof etc due to these circumstances of Cook's confirmed resignation today. If it was Hughton perhaps it was done earlier this morning or yesterday afternoon at AG.

I'm going to stop myself now with further speculation because I'm sure I am getting my hopes up waiting for an announcement today. When it's more realistic we will get nothing.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Is Cook a big enough name to get the eyes from Tinnion and a cheeky comment from Lansdown?

They know most fans are keen for Hughton.

they also like trolling the fans and have done in the past

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

they also like trolling the fans and have done in the past

They wouldn’t bother with something like this, not worth the backlash. I’m pretty certain something will happen tonight now Tinnion has joined in. Likely Hughton or less likely someone from left field of huge profile.

• Like 1