Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

The fact that Hughton is on 5/1 on SkyBet and Howe is 6/1 shows how well off we are in thinking he is coming here.

How many times odes it need to be proven that this market is priced solely on placed bets. It means the square root of **** all in this case. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So when does pre season begin? This is all getting rather close. People say getting in the play offs and losing is a disadvantage as they can't make plans for the following season. Every day that goes past is a day that the new manager can get stuck in working out what we need.

Only we can make such a circus of employing someone. Love to know what actually is the hold up.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

Well, its time for me to get stuck into a rather large piece of humble pie isn't it fellow Reds??!!

In all honesty, I did have great faith in my "contact" - who is very respectable and generally reliable too. 

I guess its rather indicative of this whole sorry story to date.

Personally, I'll still feel very disappointed if we don't get Chris Hughton.

Anyway, I'm off to flog my "contact" with a wet Rovers shirt (I will be wearing suitable protection).

Good Evening  

 

Why, what’s changed?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

Where's your dough then Dao? Any preference?

I’m not a betting man, but I’ve said before if our man was Hughton he would be in the role now. No compensation to be paid , purely personal terms to be agreed or disagreed. Have we spoken to Hughton , no idea. I imagine our choice is either currently in a job (Neil maybe Robbins) or just left a role (Cook). I think the delay is due to arranging compensation with an existing employer

I don’t agree @Monkehit will be Holden , again a relatively easy negotiation process you would expect 

Edited by daored
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

Well, its time for me to get stuck into a rather large piece of humble pie isn't it fellow Reds??!!

In all honesty, I did have great faith in my "contact" - who is very respectable and generally reliable too. 

I guess its rather indicative of this whole sorry story to date.

Personally, I'll still feel very disappointed if we don't get Chris Hughton.

Anyway, I'm off to flog my "contact" with a wet Rovers shirt (I will be wearing suitable protection).

Good Evening  

 

I repeat.... knob head! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

Right. I'm off to the bookies then. Never say die.

Is that the new James Bond film?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, daored said:

I’m not a betting man, but I’ve said before if our man was Hughton he would be in the role now. No compensation to be paid , purely personal terms to be agreed or disagreed. Have we spoken to Hughton , no idea. I imagine our choice is either currently in a job (Neil maybe Robbins) or just left a role (Cook). I think the delay is due to arranging compensation with an existing employer

I don’t agree @Monkehit will be Holden , again a relatively easy negotiation process you would expect 

I think you are spot on 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Are you suggesting a Kaizen approach Dave?

Wow. Took voluntary redundancy almost four years ago - Not heard 'Kaizen' since I left. Sent a shiver down my spine!

Sat here in a cold sweat now 😁 

Edited by Red Grovesy
Spelling
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, daored said:

I’m not a betting man, but I’ve said before if our man was Hughton he would be in the role now. No compensation to be paid , purely personal terms to be agreed or disagreed.

As many have already said on here just because he’s not currently under contract to anyone it’s not that simple.

Personal stuff obviously needs to be agreed but I suspect applicants of the calibration we hope to be attracting for the vacancy will also be interrogating the club regards budgets (not easy with Covid ongoing), club strategy and expectation regard youth players, assistants and backroom staff to buy into the new managers ‘identity’ plus acceptance of our own 5 pillars or what remains of them. 

No good accepting a nice wedge for yourself then find the piggy bank has been emptied so there’s no further funds are available to get the squad to be able to deliver to the expectation of the Board and fans.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Red DNA said:

As many have already said on here just because he’s not currently under contract to anyone it’s not that simple.

Personal stuff obviously needs to be agreed but I suspect applicants of the calibration we hope to be attracting for the vacancy will also be interrogating the club regards budgets (not easy with Covid ongoing), club strategy and expectation regard youth players, assistants and backroom staff to buy into the new managers ‘identity’ plus acceptance of our own 5 pillars or what remains of them. 

No good accepting a nice wedge for yourself then find the piggy bank has been emptied so there’s no further funds are available to get the squad to be able to deliver to the expectation of the Board and fans.  

Don’t disagree but Johnson was sacked on 4 July - if he is out number one target I don’t believe it will take this length of time to agree to the above. If after this time it’s not agreed it never will be 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, daored said:

I’m not a betting man, but I’ve said before if our man was Hughton he would be in the role now. No compensation to be paid , purely personal terms to be agreed or disagreed. Have we spoken to Hughton , no idea. I imagine our choice is either currently in a job (Neil maybe Robbins) or just left a role (Cook). I think the delay is due to arranging compensation with an existing employer

I don’t agree @Monkehit will be Holden , again a relatively easy negotiation process you would expect 

Was he not still being paid by Brighton until the end of July?

So whilst not compensation as such, still under a contract of sorts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

Was he not still being paid by Brighton until the end of July?

So whilst not compensation as such, still under a contract of sorts.

End of June I think, in line with traditional contract end dates....his wasn’t affected by Covid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The only other role currently available... 

he won’t go to Watford , that’s Gotti’s job because of the link with Udinese. So only other reasonable job is Bournemouth 

6 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

Was he not still being paid by Brighton until the end of July?

So whilst not compensation as such, still under a contract of sorts.

If he was under contract until 31 July then it’s naive of us to wait until that date for negotiations began , no other club would. @Davefevshas suggested end of June 

Edited by daored
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m tired of being patient now. I’m struggling to believe the board intended the process to take this long, because it now presents a serious threat to our preparations for the new season - which can only mean the process has failed. Either that or it’s an extraordinarily convaluted process that isn’t fit for purpose.

Either way, piss poor. And the complete lack of any communication from the club - showing complete disregard for a fan base clearly anxious for answers - is also pissing me off.

Edited by ChippenhamRed
  • Like 14
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Maybe Hughton is still our no.1 choice but we aren't Hughtons no.1 choice 

Let’s be honest, who could blame him?

I must admit he wasn’t my first choice (I wanted Mick) but having sacked LJ a month ago tomorrow it is inconceivable that he shouldn’t be in post by now if we wanted him.

Hardly going to take this long to do due diligence on someone with a great reputation within the game who is presently out of work, either.

A shambles.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GrahamC said:

Let’s be honest, who could blame him?

I must admit he wasn’t my first choice (I wanted Mick) but having sacked LJ a month ago tomorrow it is inconceivable that he shouldn’t be in post by now if we wanted him.

Hardly going to take this long to do due diligence on someone with a great reputation within the game who is presently out of work, either.

A shambles.

Unless he just said no, for all we know he could have been offered it within 2 days of LJ departing

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I’m tired of being patient now. I’m struggling to believe the board intended the process to take this long, because it now presents a serious threat to our preparations for the new season - which can only mean the process has failed. Either that or it’s an extraordinarily convaluted process that isn’t fit for purpose.

Either way, piss poor. And the complete lack of any communication from the club - showing complete disregard for a fan base clearly anxious for answers - is also pissing me off.

What are you actually expecting them to say? What club actually comments on an ongoing managerial recruitment process? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Parker isn’t going to get sacked after getting them to a playoff final. 

Don’t think it’s unlikely based on the squad they’ve got , plus if board believe he’s underachieved 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...