Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Chris Hughton

I’ve just got a horrible feeling that we will miss the boat on this one. It’s the City way, it’s never simple. 

He’s clearly the stand out candidate and I’ll be bitterly disappointed if he’s not the boards choice. Just get that feeling we will continue to go down the young coach route until we get it right. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
3 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I’ve just got a horrible feeling that we will miss the boat on this one. It’s the City way, it’s never simple. 

He’s clearly the stand out candidate and I’ll be bitterly disappointed if he’s not the boards choice. Just get that feeling we will continue to go down the young coach route until we get it right. 

I hope I'm wrong Lew but I'm with you. With Fulham allegedly looking to replace Parker if they don't go up, CH would be perfect for them. Hopefully, they'll get Jokanovic back instead eh. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, everreddy said:

Absolutely! See: posting at top of page 22 of this thread, which received a certain amount of abuse from some of the wise guys on here! 

I can’t see any ‘abuse’ in the replies to your post ‘at top of page 22 of this thread’ - bit of an overreaction? Just reasoned, balanced replies from the likes of @The Dolman Pragmatist and @BRISTOL86 from what I can see ... if people disagree with you, it isn’t abuse ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I hope I'm wrong Lew but I'm with you. With Fulham allegedly looking to replace Parker if they don't go up, CH would be perfect for them. Hopefully, they'll get Jokanovic back instead eh. 

Don’t think Hughton will be perfect, Fulham want to play attractive attacking football and are more invested in the youth than we are. Also with a couple of weeks left, Fulham still have a chance of automatics and if they don’t get there then they are definitely in the playoffs. Meaning we have plenty of time to get Hughton done if we wanted him 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Can’t see Jokanovic coming back. There will be a number of offers for Hughton in the coming weeks when the season comes to an end, so we need to act fairly quickly.

We have an advantage as we’re 9 days into the process. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I can’t see any ‘abuse’ in the replies to ‘at top of page 22 of this thread’ - bit of an overreaction? 

Sorry, that should have read “one of the wise guys on here”!

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Can’t see Jokanovic coming back. There will be a number of offers for Hughton in the coming weeks when the season comes to an end, so we need to act fairly quickly.

We have an advantage as we’re 9 days into the process. 

Can’t see Fulham changing their approach so much, think we’re preferred to Birmingham. The one I’m slightly worried about is Sheffield Wednesday as they could sack Monk

4 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Can’t see Fulham changing their approach so much, think we’re preferred to Birmingham. The one I’m slightly worried about is Sheffield Wednesday as they could sack Monk

Aren't Wednesday expecting a points deduction that could put them down or am I not up to date?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Aren't Wednesday expecting a points deduction that could put them down or am I not up to date?

Very much a possibility,  they are waiting on a points deduction but it’s only 9 which will take them to 46 points. 1 point ahead of the drop. Still a good squad on them which could interest Hughton

10 hours ago, everreddy said:

Absolutely! See: posting at top of page 22 of this thread, which received a certain amount of abuse from some of the wise guys on here! 

I think it’s down to how we both phrased it. We were essentially making a similar point but I didn’t make an assumption that we aren’t being urgent about the appointment because I don’t know we aren’t. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Lew-T said:

What if , just saying , that it’s Hughton who’s stringing us along ? 

Maybe he’s using the City interest as a ‘ shop window ‘ . 

Hughton Out 

:protest:

If he doesn’t want to come here he can do one .

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Very much a possibility,  they are waiting on a points deduction but it’s only 9 which will take them to 46 points. 1 point ahead of the drop. Still a good squad on them which could interest Hughton

Wednesday wouldn't interest him in the slightest IMO.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

Wednesday wouldn't interest him in the slightest IMO.

I think it may as he will look at the squad and think it’s a good experienced squad and how Sheffield United are doing right now and see it as a challenge, but I suppose it depends if they go down or keep Monk as if either happens then no chance he’ll go there

Edited by Charlie BCFC
6 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

What if , just saying , that it’s Hughton who’s stringing us along ? 

Maybe he’s using the City interest as a ‘ shop window ‘ . 

Hughton Out 

:protest:

If he doesn’t want to come here he can do one .

Settle down Your Maj, its Bastille day and you won't be able to buy incontinence pads this afternoon 

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

its Bastille day and you won't be able to buy incontinence pads this afternoon 

Only available on the European mainland I believe.........

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Good , my son bought one of those from Apple the other day , I prefer my portable telephone. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Just putting the cat amongst the pigeons - if Fulham don’t go up and sack Scott Parker to then replace him with Hughton, would Parker then be an option for us?

No thanks, that Fulham team should be romping this league

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Monkeh said:

Not with West brom and Leeds in it they shouldn't both have much better squads

I'd take Fulham's squad if they had an experienced manager, I think Leeds/West Brom are ahead of them because they've got Bielsa/Bilic not because of the quality of their squads

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

In to 4/7 now from 8/13 at the bookies.

Oddschecker reporting that 72% of all bets on the market have gone on Hughton in the past 24 hours.

giphy.gif

Sorry Kid, you're not as smart (or ITK) as you think. You see, I happen to keep abreast of the insights of RigoNews, that bastion of football intel...

Get your money on Big Sam!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, mozo said:

Sorry Kid, you're not as smart (or ITK) as you think. You see, I happen to keep abreast of the insights of RigoNews, that bastion of football intel...

Get your money on Big Sam!

It’s so obvious, Deano as his assistant. 👀

• phantom changed the title to Chris Hughton