Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Chris Hughton

4 hours ago, SX227 said:

As I said yesterday:

Wasserman (Gerrard's agent) also represent Afobe, O'Dowda, Andi W, Walsh,Vyner and Hinds.  Ex-players such as Pack,Matthews,Rose are all Wasserman.

In fact - BCFC hold the current championship record of 6 transfers using Ashtons preferred agent (err...Wasserman Group) from the Wasserman Agency themselves. 

Yes BCFC used Wasserman 6 times to buy 6 Wasserman players......via Wasserman.

So, yes, if Gerrard was coming,  as his agent is commonly used (and preferred) by Ashton, then I'm certain we would know.

Seeing as once again we would be using the same agency to represent both sides.

Small world eh?

I don't think there's as much correlation as you believe there to be here. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, 'Orns said:

I also have a 100% ITK track record

Mine made the 'classic thread' session though

Does that make me more ITK than you? Because it bloody well should

I think I’m ITK for the same rumour... only problem is, I can’t remember who the rumour was about!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Superjack said:

So have I.

At the time that O'Driscoll was sacked I was in daily contact with a family member of the major player in Cotterill's appointment.

He told me that SOD was going to be sacked in the morning and Cotterill was coming in. So I told everyone on here that they might want to keep Sky Sports News on in the morning. I got loads of kudos.

Am I ITK now?

Am I ****.

You knew Jack .

• Haha 1

#announcehughton

He's the man, with the track record to go with it.

The outstanding candidate.

Come on City, do the business and give the man the tools he needs and make a bold statement. 

Time to show some real ambition to go with the revamped Ashton Gate and new training complex.

Come on City cheer me up!

COYR.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I’m sort of ITK, if I see a rumour on here I take it as gospel and tell my wife. So far I’ve got about 10% correct and she thinks I’m really clever. 

Same, I've told everyone I know that we're appointing Gerrard. Better be him, otherwise I'll look a fool.

• Haha 1

Just watching David James a few minutes ago on GMB talking about his NHS support 👏 👏 (Well done DJ)

They asked about him getting into football management to which he responded along the lines of “I issued a CV to a club only last week” when pressed to name the club he declined but said that he understood the position has now been filled.  Might be relevant, might not. If it was last week it couldn’t have been his former club Watford, or Hudds.

(Posted this on the CH thread as seemed logical and not worth a new thread)

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Harry said:

That’s all a bit sour lads. 
People on here love speculation and rumour and when a tiny bit of insider info is available it’s nice to be able to share it. 
I myself love hearing of any little inside info and don’t believe those who post them are seeking attention, merely sharing what they’ve heard to a very captive audience. 

I certainly don’t post info to act “all itk” and grab attention. I’m a regular poster with many views on many topics on here so it’s not like I’m some spotty oik on a wind-up or a school holiday. There’s a simple matter though of not being able to say too much, so that you can still maintain trust in the people you know, whilst also saying enough to sow the seeds of the info. If you prefer not to read it or to believe it, then fine, that’s your prerogative, but many posters like the info - I certainly do when I’m not privy to it. 

You have to understand that one can’t simply say “yes, I spoke to Chris tonight and he told me he’s had a chat, wants £1.2m per year and is waiting for City’s response”.*  That would be disrespectful to all parties (*by the way - that’s not true)! 

I don’t post info to be big, clever or seek attention. I do so because I know many people are interested. You may not be, and that’s fine. But your comments come across as very sour. 

Good response H - and I get all of that, but my point was about just posting the ‘eyes’ emoji and nothing else in a post. How is that sharing a titbit of info? That will inevitably lead to follow up questions from those hungry for info at a time like this. If you aren’t able to post more than ‘eyes’ (to protect a source) then surely it’s reasonable for some to ask “why post them?”

And (not aimed at you) but I don’t understand why some who post “ITK” stuff then simply ignore all questions/replies when it turns out to be untrue... but anyway, as I said, I like your reply, great stuff. Have a good one ...

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, Floatn Over said:

Just watching David James a few minutes ago on GMB talking about his NHS support 👏 👏 (Well done DJ)

They asked about him getting into football management to which he responded along the lines of “I issued a CV to a club only last week” when pressed to name the club he declined but said that he understood the position has now been filled.  Might be relevant, might not. If it was last week it couldn’t have been his former club Watford, or Hudds.

(Posted this on the CH thread as seemed logical and not worth a new thread)

If he put his name forward last week, that certainly limits the number of clubs that it could have been as you say.

Also encouraging that if it was us, which seems entirely possible, especially considering he played here and will know the board etc, there must be a reason he believes the position has been filled...

9 hours ago, Harry said:

That’s all a bit sour lads. 
People on here love speculation and rumour and when a tiny bit of insider info is available it’s nice to be able to share it. 
I myself love hearing of any little inside info and don’t believe those who post them are seeking attention, merely sharing what they’ve heard to a very captive audience. 

I certainly don’t post info to act “all itk” and grab attention. I’m a regular poster with many views on many topics on here so it’s not like I’m some spotty oik on a wind-up or a school holiday. There’s a simple matter though of not being able to say too much, so that you can still maintain trust in the people you know, whilst also saying enough to sow the seeds of the info. If you prefer not to read it or to believe it, then fine, that’s your prerogative, but many posters like the info - I certainly do when I’m not privy to it. 

You have to understand that one can’t simply say “yes, I spoke to Chris tonight and he told me he’s had a chat, wants £1.2m per year and is waiting for City’s response”.*  That would be disrespectful to all parties (*by the way - that’s not true)! 

I don’t post info to be big, clever or seek attention. I do so because I know many people are interested. You may not be, and that’s fine. But your comments come across as very sour. 

I don't doubt you know a bit, I know you're involved with the game to some degree. You must admit your eyes could have meant pretty much anything though!

You're one of the better posters on here when it comes to "knowledge" so apologies - wasn't really directed at you although I see how it looked like it was which was my fault.

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Med/MadHatter said:

You're lucky, I'm a full 7 hrs behind GMT, so have alot to catch up on when I wake up, especially on match days!

You're lucky, I'm in Fenland, so a full 20 years behind here!

I'm still waiting to hear who has taken over from Benny.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Some Brighton fans are saying that CH football is as dull as ditch water.

Just saying

The one thing that puts me off CH - after the last couple of years entertaining football at AG really is paramount for me.

• Like 5
Just now, Nogbad the Bad said:

The one thing that puts me off CH - after the last couple of years entertaining football at AG really is paramount for me.

We haven't had entertaining football at ashton gate since the man u game.....

I'd take a bit of dull football if it meant we actually won the majority of home games instead of loosing or drawing them as we did under johnson, his home record is a disgrace 

• Like 8
4 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Some Brighton fans are saying that CH football is as dull as ditch water.

Just saying

This has been discussed a fair bit on here

To summarise I think his football in the championship was pretty good (saw some of it first hand) but became more pragmatic in the Prem 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I read that as "after the last couple of years of entertaining football at AG"

:argh:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Good response H - and I get all of that, but my point was about just posting the ‘eyes’ emoji and nothing else in a post. How is that sharing a titbit of info? That will inevitably lead to follow up questions from those hungry for info at a time like this. If you aren’t able to post more than ‘eyes’ (to protect a source) then surely it’s reasonable for some to ask “why post them?”

And (not aimed at you) but I don’t understand why some who post “ITK” stuff then simply ignore all questions/replies when it turns out to be untrue... but anyway, as I said, I like your reply, great stuff. Have a good one ...

27 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I don't doubt you know a bit, I know you're involved with the game to some degree. You must admit your eyes could have meant pretty much anything though!

You're one of the better posters on here when it comes to "knowledge" so apologies - wasn't really directed at you although I see how it looked like it was which was my fault.

Thanks both for your measured responses. 
I acknowledge that the ‘eyes’ was probably a bit mystic and I should’ve expanded more on that. ✅

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

This has been discussed a fair bit on here

To summarise I think his football in the championship was pretty good (saw some of it first hand) but became more pragmatic in the Prem 

Looked pretty good when Brighton totally dominated us at AG for the first 45 minutes of the game on Fireworks Night a few years ago.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
52 minutes ago, Taz said:

If he put his name forward last week, that certainly limits the number of clubs that it could have been as you say.

Also encouraging that if it was us, which seems entirely possible, especially considering he played here and will know the board etc, there must be a reason he believes the position has been filled...

While I agree to an extent, to those who don’t get past round 1 it’s pretty common to say ‘the position’s been filled’, even if it hasn’t. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I think I’m ITK for the same rumour... only problem is, I can’t remember who the rumour was about!

The first rule of the ITK club, we don't talk about previous ITK happenings

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Badger08 said:

That's what everyone on here was saying about SC before he joined 😂

I still say, the 0-4 defeat to Brighton at AG the year they went up was the best team display I've seen in a long, long time

I'll take me some of that

• Like 7
  • Robin 1
14 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

We haven't had entertaining football at ashton gate since the man u game.....

I'd take a bit of dull football if it meant we actually won the majority of home games instead of loosing or drawing them as we did under johnson, his home record is a disgrace 

Don't think I could take months more of dull football, endless passing across the pitch, hardly any shots etc.

If it's to be uneventful attritional football solely with the aim of amassing points rather than having an eye for entertainment I'd probably morph into one of the thousands who just turn up for the last few games when we've got a sniff of going up.

I hope one of the primary aims when appointing the new manager will be to get jaded fans like me enthused about attending AG again.

That takes more than just appointing a 'name', to me it means giving genuine hope supporting City will be enjoyable again.

• Like 1
  • phantom changed the title to Chris Hughton