Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Chris Hughton

10 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Kenny Brown (Millwall head of Coaching) tweeted congratulations to Chris Hughton but then took it down. Looks like he's our new head coach.

Any truth in this?

He read a fake tweet of his appointment, congratulated him and then realized his error and removed it. Nothing to see here.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Exactly this. Saw that fake tweet (posted earlier in the thread) and thought it was official. 

Maybe im an old fart but all the misinformation flying around the world is sending us all mad. I preferred the simpler days of the News of the World 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Don't think I could take months more of dull football, endless passing across the pitch, hardly any shots etc.

If it's to be uneventful attritional football solely with the aim of amassing points rather than having an eye for entertainment I'd probably morph into one of the thousands who just turn up for the last few games when we've got a sniff of going up.

I hope one of the primary aims when appointing the new manager will be to get jaded fans like me enthused about attending AG again.

That takes more than just appointing a 'name', to me it means giving genuine hope supporting City will be enjoyable again.

But thats what johnson dished up except we lost more often then not

43 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Maybe im an old fart but all the misinformation flying around the world is sending us all mad. I preferred the simpler days of the News of the World 

My Dad used to call it News of the Screws. Wassat all about TTT. I was too young to understand 😇

@Nogbad the Bad @Monkeh

We didn't even have the boost or stabilising factor of good possession often this season under LJ- check the stats! 

Worst of all worlds. Lack of control (good possession) lack of creativity ie flair, lack of chance creation though the conversion rate decent and for all that you'd think defensive security. 

Err..no. Goals conceded and chances conceded put paid to that!

4 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Looked pretty good when Brighton totally dominated us at AG for the first 45 minutes of the game on Fireworks Night a few years ago.

I mean, agree to a point. They were better but quite clinical too.

We missed a big early chance and that goes in, different game? Crowd was up, we had good form but performances were more variable- Tammy to Tomlin.

Under the lights in front of the Sky cameras.

As I recall one of their goals was a lob/shot from around the halfway line, how often do these come off- they were good but outright dominance, unsure.

EDIT: Just checked. Opener was the wonder strike. This changes the dynamic of the game, as Brighton under Hughton were quite a counterattacking side albeit with shot dominance.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We missed a big early chance and that goes in, different game? Crowd was up, we had good form but performances were more variable- Tammy to Tomlin. 

As I recall one of their goals was a lob/shot from around the halfway line, how often do these come off- they were good but outright dominance, unsure.

EDIT: Just checked. Opener was the wonder strike. This changes the dynamic of the game, as Brighton under Hughton were quite a counterattacking side albeit with shot dominance.

Was it the return fixture that we prevented them going up as champions?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Under the lights in front of the Sky cameras.

I was sat in the South Stand, quite central, and just knew it was in as soon as he hit it. 

I thought they were brilliant in that 45 minutes and they carved us open a few times with relative ease. They seemed to relax a bit in the 2nd half but we couldn’t break them down at all. 

• phantom changed the title to Chris Hughton