Jump to content
IGNORED

Chris Hughton


Mattredrobin

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Agree Mr P.  I’d say we’ve build more territory pressure through possession under Holden in 4 games than we have in countless games over the past 18 months under LJ.  I can’t really think of too many games in that 18 months where we’ve had a team “under the cosh”.

There have been numerous games where LJ has had a team under the cosh.

Trouble is it was always us!

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

More experience doesn't equal more reliability then? 

Off the top of my head I'll throw a name at you.....Phil Brown.

Lots of experience including experience of taking a team up from the Championship. Surely not many people would fancy him as our next manager? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It’s the only game I’ve ever left early....the chap giving me a lift wanted to leave at half-time.  We got to his car in the Wickes Car Park as Agard was missing his penalty!

My Dad left early [ he wanted to do that a lot mind] when we were 4/0 down to Oxford the first year the Dolman was open.

Early in the season were top Oxford 4th i think, he tried to get out of the ground after 20mins but don't think he made it until H/T.

To be fair bless him he was  a typical City fan.  Even went back to the car when we went 1 down to Walsall last game in the promotion season.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

The singular benefit of Villa potentially staying up would be them probably not looking at Hughton as a potential replacement for Smith.... I know I'm reaching on good reasons for Villa staying up

When you’ve got 2 potentials and a probably in your post you know it’s clutching at whassnames 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Kenny Brown (Millwall head of Coaching) tweeted congratulations to Chris Hughton but then took it down. Looks like he's our new head coach.

Any truth in this?

As said it appeared to be on the back of a fake tweet but It does say , ‘ sorry may have gone a bit early , So I say Chris Hughton would be a great appointment ‘ 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

As said it appeared to be on the back of a fake tweet but It does say , ‘ sorry may have gone a bit early , So I say Chris Hughton would be a great appointment ‘ 

Just looked at his twitter page, clearly not the sort of bloke who would be on a wind up. On a separate note, if you go on his twitter page, have a look at the video of the goal Porto scored 👏👏👏

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Just looked at his twitter page, clearly not the sort of bloke who would be on a wind up. On a separate note, if you go on his twitter page, have a look at the video of the goal Porto scored 👏👏👏

No seems straight up guy , agreed Porto goal worth a look indeed !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

If I was Hughton, I would seriously think about telling City to do one if I'm honest. He will get another job imminently and we appear to be messing him about chasing Gerrard. 

IF Hughton is 2nd choice then it won’t be a new experience for him when he is up against quality opposition when applying for a job. He will understand the process better than most OTIB contributors I suspect and wait for the call if it comes.

IF reports of us looking for another young and upcoming coach are accurate then whilst he might tick supporters boxes he certainly fails to tick those of the people that make the decisions. We I think are not messing anyone around but are in fact applying due care and diligence in selecting the candidate that best fits the requirements. Promotion whilst massively important is not the only consideration otherwise Steve L would just throw money at a Warnock or McCarthy for a short term fix. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

If I was Hughton, I would seriously think about telling City to do one if I'm honest. He will get another job imminently and we appear to be messing him about chasing Gerrard. 

The longer this goes on without announcing Hughton, the more likely it becomes that we aren't, or weren't interested that much him in the first place.

Whether discussions have taken place and both parties are miles apart from the financial side of things, or whether it's because we do genuinely want someone else over him, I guess nobody (or very few people) will ever know.

It could be that rather than appointing someone now to get us up, and then worrying about staying in the Prem when we get there, the club are actually thinking longer term and trying to get someone to get, and keep us there.

Hughton has a history of getting clubs there, but isn't so successful at the latter. Maybe the club are actually thinking outside of the box and hoping for more of an Eddie Howe "type", someone to build a squad, get up and run with it.

Then again maybe they've thrown a dart and are so bad they've completely missed the board and don't know what to do now!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

We wont announce a new manager until the season is over, even if its signed sealed and delivered

Why do you say that mate?? Once the play offs were out of reach it would of made sense to me to let the new guy have a couple of free hit games to start assessing the players.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, milo1111 said:

Why do you say that mate?? Once the play offs were out of reach it would of made sense to me to let the new guy have a couple of free hit games to start assessing the players.

Totally agree if Hughton is our man then he’s lost the opportunity to watch the players train, watch games and get to know the players. A wasted couple of weeks if all signed 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

We wont announce a new manager until the season is over, even if its signed sealed and delivered

Tend to agree now.

Worth watching Dean Holden’s presser yesterday. Looked choked imho. Like he’d been told he was leaving after the game. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Tend to agree now.

Worth watching Dean Holden’s presser yesterday. Looked choked imho. Like he’d been told he was leaving after the game. 

But we’ve wasted weeks of giving the new guy time to assess ? If our target is out of work makes no sense , obviously if it’s a Cook Neil , Gerrard then understandable - but it Hughton with the short turnaround between seasons makes no sense 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Taz said:

The longer this goes on without announcing Hughton, the more likely it becomes that we aren't, or weren't interested that much him in the first place.

Whether discussions have taken place and both parties are miles apart from the financial side of things, or whether it's because we do genuinely want someone else over him, I guess nobody (or very few people) will ever know.

It could be that rather than appointing someone now to get us up, and then worrying about staying in the Prem when we get there, the club are actually thinking longer term and trying to get someone to get, and keep us there.

Hughton has a history of getting clubs there, but isn't so successful at the latter. Maybe the club are actually thinking outside of the box and hoping for more of an Eddie Howe "type", someone to build a squad, get up and run with it.

Then again maybe they've thrown a dart and are so bad they've completely missed the board and don't know what to do now!!!

We tend to live in a Bristol City bubble. While we wonder if he is waiting for us, he is concurrently high in the betting for jobs at Watford, Birmingham and Huddersfield - and no doubt a few others that won’t have a vacancy until later in the week. Of course he isn’t holding his breath for Ashton Gate.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, daored said:

But we’ve wasted weeks of giving the new guy time to assess ? If our target is out of work makes no sense , obviously if it’s a Cook Neil , Gerrard then understandable - but it Hughton with the short turnaround between seasons makes no sense 

Perhaps our  targets are out of work. Hughton and McCarthy are the only two main ones that aren’t.

We just don’t know.

I thought we had someone ready. But if appears not. 

Looks like nobody had even bee. Interviewed yet 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Davefevs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Perhaps our  targets are out of work. Hughton and McCarthy are the only two main ones that aren’t.

We just don’t know.

I thought we had someone ready. But if appears not. 

Looks like nobody had even bee. Interviewed yet 🤷🏻‍♂️

That's because they are desperate for Gerrard....and all this "rigorous interview process" is to spin the fact they are trying to convince SG and that is where their time and energy is going.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Perhaps our  targets are out of work. Hughton and McCarthy are the only two main ones that aren’t.

We just don’t know.

I thought we had someone ready. But if appears not. 

Looks like nobody had even bee. Interviewed yet 🤷🏻‍♂️

Were you typing this whilst driving Dave. It doesn’t read well 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to Chris Hughton

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...