IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

13 minutes ago, red panda said:

Hmmm. Forest had SIX different permanent managers (plus countless caretakers) during the time LJ managed us. I know which I'd choose

Or a person might opt for Forest knowing than in a few months time they might be getting a nice pay off, easy money! I guess it will depend if someone wants to jump on board our next project where they will be under pressure to deliver, they probably will get time ( although not as much as Lee) and some £££ backing or go to a less patient club for a shorter stint.

15 minutes ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

Yeah but somehow they always have good names showing interest in the job so their mad man of an owner isn’t enough to put people off 

"Big club" syndrome.

3 minutes ago, Lez said:

Well done you got there in the end. 

I got completely what you meant. What has his politics got to do with it - I’ll ask again. He’s a member of the Labour Party. Big deal. Seems to me you’re already looking for angles on someone we haven’t even appointed yet. Beyond sad.  

2 minutes ago, Renaissance Williams said:

Perhaps you could kindly educate me - this is a polite request for you to explain to a dim witted numbskull like me what the connection between Hughton and Momentum is. Please don’t waste your valuable time replying with abuse. Many thanks.

I'm assuming it's a reference to this section of his Wikipedia page:

"Hughton wrote a column for the Workers' Revolutionary Party publication News Line in the 1970s.[74][82] Hughton plays down the Trotskyist connection: "it's probably not as dramatic as it sounds. I've always had strong views on social issues such as hospitals - I think we should have a good health system - and the education system, too ... These days, players can do as many interviews and columns as they want. Back in the day, it wasn't like that. Anyway, I'm sure I wrote about football and football issues. Nothing else."[74] He is a member of the Labour Party.[83]"

Not massively relevant to football management. I suspect a number of player and managers are members or supporters of one political party or another. Not sure it has an impact on their job...

5 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I'm probably one of the only people not excited by this.

I’ve said before....he’s my no1 choice but I’m not excited.  I think that is because he’s the right choice.

3 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

I really don't think we do. 

Hughton likes a 4-4-2 doesn't he, who our are quality wingers? Eliasson possibly, but he's apparently off. We could need two of those.
both Knockaert and Skalak were hard working wingers, pests in a sense.  Knockaert in particular grafted much more then than he does now at Fulham.  You’d expert him to want effort from widemen if he plays 442.

Jack Hunt isn't a top quality right back. 

Possibly need a CB. Williams is hopefully off & We'll be left with Baker, Kalas, Vyner & Moore. 

As you've said, an experienced CM, hopefully could tempt someone like Dale Stephens (available on a free) to join us. 

38 minutes ago, red panda said:

Hmmm. Forest had SIX different permanent managers (plus countless caretakers) during the time LJ managed us. I know which I'd choose

This fascinates me. Why is managerial stability a good thing if it doesn't lead to success? If we had had 6 different managers in the past 4 years, had played sumptuous football and were comfortably established as a Premier League club, would the number of managers matter? I ask because managerial stability was often cited as a positive in not getting rid of LJ, no matter how we were performing. I'd have sacked him a couple of years ago...I think we'd be in a better position of we had.

3 minutes ago, Renaissance Williams said:

Perhaps you could kindly educate me - this is a polite request for you to explain to a dim witted numbskull like me what the connection between Hughton and Momentum is. Please don’t waste your valuable time replying with abuse. Many thanks.

Hughton is a lefty always has been quite far left I believe. Probably matured with age.

3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm assuming it's a reference to this section of his Wikipedia page:

"Hughton wrote a column for the Workers' Revolutionary Party publication News Line in the 1970s.[74][82] Hughton plays down the Trotskyist connection: "it's probably not as dramatic as it sounds. I've always had strong views on social issues such as hospitals - I think we should have a good health system - and the education system, too ... These days, players can do as many interviews and columns as they want. Back in the day, it wasn't like that. Anyway, I'm sure I wrote about football and football issues. Nothing else."[74] He is a member of the Labour Party.[83]"

Not massively relevant to football management. I suspect a number of player and managers are members or supporters of one political party or another. Not sure it has an impact on their job...

He gets my vote.

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

This fascinates me. Why is managerial stability a good thing if it doesn't lead to success? If we had had 6 different managers in the past 4 years, had played sumptuous football and were comfortably established as a Premier League club, would the number of managers matter? I ask because managerial stability was often cited as a positive in not getting rid of LJ, no matter how we were performing. I'd have sacked him a couple of years ago...I think we'd be in a better position of we had.

I meant - I know which I'd choose if I was Chris Hughton

4 minutes ago, Lez said:

Hughton is a lefty always has been quite far left I believe. Probably matured with age.

And the relevance of this to his potential appointment is?
For 99.9% of us it's totally irrelevant. Just no need to go there.
Are you in some way suggesting that because of his left wing views he may choose not to work for a capitalist like SL? because if you are that's pretty extreme even for OTIB.

Just now, spasmcasm said:

And the relevance of this to his potential appointment is?
For 99.9% of us it's totally irrelevant. Just no need to go there.
Are you in some way suggesting that because of his left wing views he may choose not to work for a capitalist like SL? because if you are that's pretty extreme even for OTIB.

....have you seen the 'Politics' forum?! 

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

No complaints from me either! Just don't think it is that significant in a managerial appointment.

It’s completely and utterly irrelevant and quite frankly a really weird thing to bring up. Unless you’re an attention seeking little **** such as our weird comrade ‘Lez’. 

Archived