IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

33 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

? 90 - 52 is not 48! You weren’t educated at Magdalen as well were you?

No, he studied at  Newham College, Cambridge.

.... as did Dianne Abbott!  :) 

56 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Still there. Gets paid peanuts apparently, and not a nice commute. 

Not sure he'd be keen to work at City tho

Soton and back every day is hardly ideal I must say. That’s a lot of time lost. Is he still a bit eggy about city?

2 hours ago, Top Robin said:

FFS why do we keep wanting old players back as coaches and backroom staff......we need a totally fresh bunch with no old ties to the club ...

Agreed. And I would imagine that is what SL thinks as well, he's always been perfectly happy to leave it to supporters groups to pay attention to the club's 'heritage', it's not something I've noticed him taking much personal interest in - as evidence I'd offer the attitude to the 'Ashton Gate 8'. And I understand that. What SL wants is a modern, successful club, unencumbered by the past. I've heard him say as much.

LJ was a diversion. To me it was almost inexplicable. If we appoint Hughton it points us in the same strategic direction as that of a club that will demolish large parts of its traditional home and build a new future.

I don't see much place for misty eyed sentiment, or for players associated with an unsuccessful past. 

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Should Chris Houghton join City ads manager, he will be joining all "them" Londoners (born within M25 ring)who have all achieved promotion since I began my support of City.

Fred Ford

Alan Dicks

Gary Johnson

The only Cockerney failure was Keith Millen.

Where did Millen leave us ? Mid table, can’t remember 

Just now, 2015 said:

Does anyone even know why Louis Carey is slightly iffy about City? Seems a bit odd to me

Not treated well at the end , by Cotterill and Lansdown, have spoken to him a few times was very bitter , it’s a bit better now , think if the right offer came in , in the right way , could be persuaded now 

2 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Not treated well at the end , by Cotterill and Lansdown, have spoken to him a few times was very bitter , it’s a bit better now , think if the right offer came in , in the right way , could be persuaded now 

If you know him you'd clearly know better than me...but it appeared to me that he was treated as well as any player nearing the end of his career - and was gifted the record as the club's record appearance maker, despite being off the pace and it being held by the greatest player to play for us. Which seemed an indulgence.

Why would Bristol City want to persuade him to return? Honest question. Is he a great coach or something?

Just now, Red Exile said:

If you know him you'd clearly know better than me...but it appeared to me that he was treated as well as any player nearing the end of his career - and was gifted the record as the club's record appearance maker, despite being off the pace and it being held by the greatest player to play for us. Which seemed an indulgence.

Why would Bristol City want to persuade him to return? Honest question. Is he a great coach or something?

Surely it’s good to have people around the club in any capacity (like Tinnion and Murray) who have the club in their heart and can influence the current players?

43 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Soton and back every day is hardly ideal I must say. That’s a lot of time lost. Is he still a bit eggy about city?

Eggy? Is that a yoke you're making? Surely, you mean edgy.

16 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Should Chris Houghton join City ads manager, he will be joining all "them" Londoners (born within M25 ring)who have all achieved promotion since I began my support of City.

It's Hughton.

Hughton.

Just now, Tinmans Love Child said:

Surely it’s good to have people around the club in any capacity (like Tinnion and Murray) who have the club in their heart and can influence the current players?

If they are good at their jobs yes, but otherwise? Not so sure. 

6 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Not sure if it’s been posted but I had a little look over Brighton’s forum and saw this....

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?381429-Good-luck-Chris/page9

Some lovely comments and very complimentary about us. Most calling us City too!

That's very impressive, rare to see a manager who receives almost unanimous goodwill on a forum like that. Even those with reservations also wish him well. 

I don't think we've had a manager who'd receive that on this forum. Alan Dicks is pre-forum era and before my time. Possibly Gary Johnson to an extent after he was sacked but not as comprehensive as that.

18 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Does anyone even know why Louis Carey is slightly iffy about City? Seems a bit odd to me

The only event that makes me think that there was a problem with Carey is the way that McInnes brought him on as a sub, about one minute before the end of a match to achieve the appearance record. Then did not pick him in the match day squad for the rest of the season. 

I have no proof but it was obvious to me that there were problems like a split dressing room. 

4 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

The only event that makes me think that there was a problem with Carey is the way that McInnes brought him on SD a sub, about one minute before the end of a match to achieve the appearance record. Then did not pick him in the match day squad for the rest of the season. 

I have no proof but it was obvious to me that there were problems like a split dressing room. 

That was Cotterill, not McInnes.

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's very impressive, rare to see a manager who receives almost unanimous goodwill on a forum like that. Even those with reservations also wish him well. 

I don't think we've had a manager who'd receive that on this forum. Alan Dicks is pre-forum era and before my time. Possibly Gary Johnson to an extent after he was sacked but not as comprehensive as that.

Certainly gives you confidence that CH is a right fit for us with comments like that. 

Very exciting.

Archived